Just found out, we are FINALLY getting a tour production of

The Book of Mormon..... WOO HOO!

Unfortunately, not till next year, and it looks like if we

are going to get any good seats for this, we will have to buy

The Subscription, offered by Broadway Across Canada. But

that's okay. We thought this is the way we were possibly going

to get the show.

They're offering an extra option to tix to an upcoming May tour of

WICKED, and "Flashdance" will be the other show in the subscription.

But honestly - it'll be all for Mormon.

RaminKarimlooLesMis2013.jpg.a94d47947b138bc132143366385e7cbc.jpg

Well then, how about the upcoming Broadway Revival of the immortal "Les Miserables" with the amazing

Ramin Kariimoo as Jean val Jean?

Edited by Nrthwnd

My girlfriend insists she wants to go to England next year after the wedding to see where I came from, I may have to time the trip around this. I don't have huge expectations but as a BTTF fan, i'm extremely curious to see how it turns out. I still wish I had been in the UK for the Princess Monoke theater show.

Whew! and Woo Hoo!

The ticket packages finally became available today for the 2014-15 Tour Season,

here in Vancouver. And although "Flashdance" is not one of the musicals I would

be interested in seeing, separate from this, The Main Reason for buying the

two-show package (yeah it's that little a '"season" lol), was The Book of Mormon!

But we'll not be seeing it till (gulp) April 8, 2015! Yes, it's that far away.

Ticket packages were actually not that bad, either. Just over a $100 per seat, Ctre Orch.

Still - happy, happy, joy joy.

"Wicked" was also coming back this late May, so I got myself a ticket for that, too.

Going to it just one week before taking off for Copenhagen, and the 2014 TPR Scandi Tour!

My girlfriend and I went to see the Lion King on Broadway yesterday. I guess because it was Super Bowl Sunday and nobody wanted to be near Times Square tickets were pretty cheap and we've been wanting to see it for a long time (we got home in plenty of time to see the game too).

I'm not a Broadway guy and since it was my first Broadway show I have nothing to compare it to but I was blown away by it. The costumes were incredibly creative and the energy was amazing. The sets were actually kind of minimal but I think that was by design as it kept the focus on the costumes, props and performers. Like I said, I have nothing to compare it to so take this recommendation with a grain of salt but I highly recommend this show to anyone who hasn't seen it. It was a great experience.

• 2 weeks later...

^^^ Lion King is amazing!! We've seen it twice and loved it.....that opening sequence is fantastic!

This past Sunday we went to see Wicked as it flew through Pittsburgh again. I do realize that it's not everyone's cup of tea, but for me, I think it is an amazing show! Every time I've seen it with my wife (this was our 6th - 4 times here, once in Rochester, NY, and once in Vegas) it further solidifies itself as my favorite show. Love the music, and I just like that take on a story I remember watching as a kid with my grandparents (Wizard of Oz). This time we went to the matinee performance of its last day here, and it turned out the standby was on for Elphaba. Sometimes that makes me nervous, but this gal was a total powerhouse and knocked my socks off!! Wow, what a voice!

We've seen a pretty fair number of musicals together now, and if I were to pick a top 5 for me, at this point it'd look something like this:

1. Wicked

2. Les Mis

3. Newsies

4. Phantom of the Opera

5a. Jekyll and Hyde

5b. Book of Mormon

Honorable mentions: Lion King, Avenue Q, Rent, Jersey Boys

Really looking forward to seeing Once next month!

Saw King Kong in Melbourne Australia last week, what a cluster fuck of a show. A huge mess from start to finish, nothing works. This will be a blood bath for critics in New York later this year. Even the Ape could not save this.

0/10

^^ I can only hope there is some solid mumbling sung! Tonight I am off to see American Idiot. The Green Day album as a musical should be entertaining to say the least.

I saw it the first time it came to Toronto and really enjoyed it. Then again, I'm a fan of the album, so I'm a bit biased.

It's coming back to Toronto this year and I just got an e-mail about $35 tickets, so I might go see it again.

I'm still waiting for Book of Mormon tickets to go on sale for it's Toronto return so I can take my parents to see it.

^ I'm also a fan of the album and Green Day, so the music was really enjoyable. A good mix of things kept more Rock N roll and then the few ballads worked well. I wouldn't go out of my way to see the show again but it was a good and fun performance. I especially liked the way they did the curtain call