104 members have voted

1. 1. Mac OS X vs. Windows

• Mac OS X
    • Windows

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I definitely prefer osx; not to mention the elegant hardware it comes on. I've converted a lot of my friends to macs and we have several in our house, including a mini we use downstairs as an entertainment center and to record my TV shows. It's connnected to a 42 inch flat panel screen and when we turn on iTunes and set the screen saver, it makes a great conversation piece, since it looks alike a changing mural on the wall. A few people want to do the same for their houses.

I currently use a 64 bit version of XP. It runs fine for what I need. I tried Vista on my laptop, but wasn't very impressed, so I reinstalled XP when the hard drive crashed.

I personally have not used Macs recently. The last time I had to use one was back in high school on some G4's running OS9.

A LOT of my friends have converted to Macs. I bought a dell earlier this year and now I'm regretting it after seeing everything the macs have to offer. The school I'll be going to next year (Full Sail) requires all students to buy a fully loaded MacBook. Being a media arts school, that would make sense, n'est pas?

Right now I'm using Windows XP SP2 Media Center Edition. It's a good computer with some nice functions, but when this computer gets too old and crappy I'm seriously considering getting a Mac. Although switching to a Mac would give me some serious crtisism from friends and family....

I haven't used Macs recently as I only used them in elementary school. It took some time getting used to but I really liked the functionality and the programs it came with.

As of right now I'm neutral about both Windows and Mac until I work with Mac some more, but with the limited time I did use them, I really liked them. So won't vote in this poll as of yet.

My family has always used Windows. My dad is currently is looking at Mac desktops. He just recently bought me mom a lower end Mac to test it out. When I went to Mac store at the mall downtown I was quite impressed with the feautures and interface. So I'm split between the two. I would run both systems on the next computer I get. Windows for games and Mac for everything else.

I finally made the switch last week the very day Apple rolled out the newest update to the MacBook Pro with the new LED backlit display and the Santa Rosa chipset. I can honestly say I do not miss Windows at all... though I sadly did install windows on my mac as well so I can play RCT3. And I'm even finding it hard to restart the computer into Windows cause I'll miss OS X

I'll say OS X isn't for everyone, there will always be fans of the other guy. Just depends what you like, and stop being afraid to try something new my switch was only strange for the first few hours when I was figuring out how much easier it was to install a program and even easier to uninstall.

Since the dawn of my time in elementary school in Good Ol Fresno, I have ALWAYS used Windows. Mac seems to be one of those things where I wouldve had to use it in its early stages to actullay fully apprecaite the Mac.

My family has always bought Windows, and Ive just grown up with them. I work on Windows very well, not to mention I like Vista a lot. (Probablly one of very few who actuaslly think its a fairly good product!)

Just My Opinion...

-Ryan