TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Rumor / Crazy Idea Superthread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Screamscape, a possible announcement about a deal with Blackstone and the Busch parks could happen within the week.

I haven't heard anything about this rumor since it popped up, although Screamscape reported there was a meeting that happened this past week. I'm nervous about this news to be quite honest.

Busch Gardens Europe 2011 Speculation:

Since Busch Gardens Europe decommissioned Big Bad Wolf there has been some speculation quietly building up that BGE will put in a new coaster in BBW's landscape for 2011. Current rumor speculation says that BGE could be putting a B&M Flyer (Kind of makes sense, as it would pay homage to BBW's suspended track. ) or they would put in a B&M Sit-Down (sounds unlikely) in BBW's now-defunct area (now it sounds very unlikely)...or possibly remove the live show theatre to another location and put a B&M Sit-Down in the defunct-Drachen Fire area to make up for the failure that was Drachen Fire (havent ridden it, glad i didn't ).

Busch Gardens Africa 2011/2012 Speculation:

Even though BGA will be getting a small coaster for their new Sesame Street Safari of Fun for 2009 (Why BGA!? Another Kid's section!? You made me cry ), More speculation is building up that a new coaster will be put in sometime in 2011 or 2012. The only question is where? BGA has almost run out of room for new rides, and more rumors have been flying around that BGA will decommission Rhino Rally and some small areas within the Serengeti Plain for a new coaster. If i were them, i'd build a nice little B&M Flyer to tie in with BGE and put it near Kumba so we could keep Rhino Rally and not take out as much space in the Serengeti.

Thats all for now.

CCG.

I don't want to see a B&M Flier at BGE, I'm not a big fan of he concept. Even though I realize they would NEVER do this, I'd LOVE to see an Intamin mega-lite in that spot (imagine a terrain mega-lite ). I think a good Gravity Group terrain wooden coaster would be insane as well.

There has been rumors of a B&M hyper at BGA for some time now. But I don't know if I would say Busch has anything up there sleeves anymore. With the sale to inbev and the pending sale to Blackstone, I don't know if I see any huge changes any time soon, at least not til both companies get their roots firm in the ground (and for Blackstone, 'til the understand the parks). This should probably be in the rumor thread anyways

^ Why do you think so? I believe a wooden coaster would be one of the highest possibilities on their list. They have worked with GCI in the past for Gwazi.

Personally I think a B&M flyer would be the most likely candidate using most of Drachen Fire's area plus part of the river for a nice tribute to BBW. Then for the BBW area, I could see them expanding the Oktoberfest section and add in a few more flat rides. This might not happen, but B&M flyer is what I have my money on, especially with the huge accomplishment that is Manta.

I believe a wooden coaster would be one of the highest possibilities on their list. They have worked with GCI in the past for Gwazi.

Just because they've worked with them once doesn't mean they're happy with that collaboration. Perhaps just the opposite. If Busch thought Gwazi was awesome, I would expect to have seen another woodie somewhere else by now.

^ You make a good point, but I'm just saying to not discredit the idea yet. For all we know, they could have really liked Gwazi and just haven't thought to put in a new wooden anywhere else yet. They built Apollo's Chariot 10 years ago and love it, but you don't see another B&M hyper in any of their other parks. At this point anything is possible.

If they want to stay away from wooden coasters because of maintenance issues, then Intamin would be the perfect choice. Their plug'n'play coasters don't require the amount of maintenance that normal would and repairs/track replacement is very easy. They are clearly some of the most popular (and reliable) wooden coasters and company.

^ Why do you think so? I believe a wooden coaster would be one of the highest possibilities on their list. They have worked with GCI in the past for Gwazi.

Personally I think a B&M flyer would be the most likely candidate using most of Drachen Fire's area plus part of the river for a nice tribute to BBW. Then for the BBW area, I could see them expanding the Oktoberfest section and add in a few more flat rides. This might not happen, but B&M flyer is what I have my money on, especially with the huge accomplishment that is Manta.

Just a hunch really. Sadly, I think the rumors of a flyer going to BGE make the most sense given their love affair with B&M. A hyper would be a great choice for BGA, and that really seems like the most logical coaster selection for them in the near future. BGE just needs a woodie, though. Given its surroundings and location in the woods, a great woodie would be perfect. I just can't believe they've never built one there.

I think the only problem I could see within building these coasters is that where is the space for a hyper in BGT?

Seriously? They have tons of space. If worse came to worse, they could borrow 1% of the open space the animals roam around in for it.