TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Rumor / Crazy Idea Superthread

^ Rumor has it that the yellow supports that ended up at KD were moved to CW. Some poster on CWMania also claimed to see blue track inside large crates, but there's been no photographic evidence so I'd take that with a grain of salt.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Serial Thriller (Astroworld SLC) going to La Ronde!?

2010 - Serial Thriller - Semi-Confirmed - (7/18/09) When I first heard the rumor, I told quite a few people to stop smoking crack... because the very idea just seemed insane. Now... I have confirmed it with various Screamscape sources that Serial Thriller, the former Astroworld Vekoma SLC coaster, is being shipped from it’s storage site at The Great Escape to La Ronde for the 2010 season.

While a new coaster coming to any park is typically a good thing, I really do have to question the logis of Six Flags over this particular move. After all, the park has a mighty fine B&M Batman clone already by the name of Vampire. With your park guests already accustomed to the smooth and ultra-intense B&M Inverted coaster experience on Vampire, why would you subject them to a a Vekoma SLC “Hang & Bang” coaster? I could perhaps adding a B&M Inverted to a park that had only had the Vekoma, but going the other way around seems a bit... well.. stupid.

The move is almost a double slap in the face... both to La Ronde, by giving them a used Hang & Bang that has been sitting in a field rusting away since late 2005, and to The Great Escape by clearly telling them they aren’t worth the money to put together a coaster that they’ve been storing and waiting to install for themselves now for 4 years. After all, The Great Escape is the only park in the current Six Flags system of parks that has no inverted coaster design of any kind. Even Six Flags Mexico has one...

While La Ronde is certainly deserving of a new coaster as the last one was Goliath in 2006, I do have to wonder the price difference between shipping in, repairing and installing a used Vekoma SLC and buying a new smaller ride or coaster... like perhaps a copy of Tony Hawk’s Big Spin. Or even something else... a few flat rides, a Splash Battle, a dark ride, etc...

I'm with Lance here, I honestly don't "get" this move. This isn't really like Goliath at SFFT where the GP cannot really tell what a B:TR clone is. But honestly La Ronde?

Am I missing smethinghere? Why would La Ronde take Serial Thriller when they have Batman?

Serial Thriller (Astroworld SLC) going to La Ronde!?

2010 - Serial Thriller - Semi-Confirmed - (7/18/09) When I first heard the rumor, I told quite a few people to stop smoking crack... because the very idea just seemed insane. Now... I have confirmed it with various Screamscape sources that Serial Thriller, the former Astroworld Vekoma SLC coaster, is being shipped from it’s storage site at The Great Escape to La Ronde for the 2010 season.

While a new coaster coming to any park is typically a good thing, I really do have to question the logis of Six Flags over this particular move. After all, the park has a mighty fine B&M Batman clone already by the name of Vampire. With your park guests already accustomed to the smooth and ultra-intense B&M Inverted coaster experience on Vampire, why would you subject them to a a Vekoma SLC “Hang & Bang” coaster? I could perhaps adding a B&M Inverted to a park that had only had the Vekoma, but going the other way around seems a bit... well.. stupid.

The move is almost a double slap in the face... both to La Ronde, by giving them a used Hang & Bang that has been sitting in a field rusting away since late 2005, and to The Great Escape by clearly telling them they aren’t worth the money to put together a coaster that they’ve been storing and waiting to install for themselves now for 4 years. After all, The Great Escape is the only park in the current Six Flags system of parks that has no inverted coaster design of any kind. Even Six Flags Mexico has one...

While La Ronde is certainly deserving of a new coaster as the last one was Goliath in 2006, I do have to wonder the price difference between shipping in, repairing and installing a used Vekoma SLC and buying a new smaller ride or coaster... like perhaps a copy of Tony Hawk’s Big Spin. Or even something else... a few flat rides, a Splash Battle, a dark ride, etc...

I'm with Lance here, I honestly don't "get" this move. This isn't really like Goliath at SFFT where the GP cannot really tell what a B:TR clone is. But honestly La Ronde?

Am I missing smethinghere? Why would La Ronde take Serial Thriller when they have Batman?

^ Edit - computer has failed with the double post...sorry.

Mehh...crappy coaster at a crappy park - makes sense to me.

Maybe there is a method to their madness - they'll take Vampyre out and move it to Great Escape!

2012/2013 - Journey To The Center of the Earth - Rumor - (7/18/09) Screamscape sources have come through with a big rumor update today claiming that Imagineering is preparing some new detailed attraction concepts for the park once again, many of which apparently involve the building of the long awaited Beastly Kingdom area. However with the Dragon’s Tower coaster idea said to be out for good, Disney is drawing upon ideas for other mystical animals for the land’s focal point, which is now rumored to be a copy of Journey To The Center of the Earth from Tokyo DisneySea.

The Tokyo ride used the next generation version of the Test Track ride system to create a massive high speed dark ride experience, including an encounter with one of the largest animatronic figures Disney has ever built. From what I’ve been told the proposal and basic plans have been drawn up for Journey to act as the main attraction for the new Beastly Kingdom. They just have to wait for management to give it the green light and sign on the dotted line.

Even though it's just a Screamscape rumor, I still almost had a heart attack.

^ WOW! I'm hoping those rumors are true. That would be amazing.

Page 107

^ Chances are that it would be put into perma-storage like BTE at Darien Lake and Ultra Twister at SFA. They already have a B&M Invert so they don't really need a second one.

^Perhaps they want to install it in the future but currently don't have any room for it.

Perhaps TGE didn't have enough storage space so they're moving the track to another park to make more room. Maybe the ride was damaged and cannot be set up without spending money to fix it. The ride was in storage for 4 years so who knows what's happened to it.

I highly doubt they're building an SLC at La Ronde becuase LR already has an invert. Chances are that moving the old SLC would give TGE more storage space (for a possible new ride/attraction in 2010)

Or perhaps the ride is too heavily damaged from transport/sitting in a lot for a long period of time and TGE may have wanted a new SLC for their park, but decided it wasn't worth the cost of repairing.

If that Beastly Kingdom rumor turns out to be true, then that is awesome. The only question now is it a low rise structure like Dinosaur or another mini-mountain Everest? Imo, they could probably save themselves a ton of money if they didn't use the same ride system from Test Track, but instead a coaster car like Mummy's Revenge. I guess the question would be is the trade off of range of motion versus the more traditional launched coaster car?

I hope that Beastly Kingdom does include another E-ticket, on a lesser scale, and a few mid-range attractions to make it a complete "land". Everest is incredible, but notice how most rides at AK are an island unto themselves? It's like they built the E ticket for the area, but then budget cut out anything else. While the animal exhibits in each area are decent, it's not like they are presented in a way that is remarkably different than other zoos.

The amazingly off the shelf Dinoland USA is the most complete land - with multiple rides unified in theme, which is not saying much.

It's like over the years they moved away from the concept of using theme to tie multiple attractions together. Typically, the best we see now is the E-ticket, with a gift shop, and then possibly an eatery.

And it's so weird that WDW would turn down Star Tours 2, but then greenlight JTCE and the Fantasyland revamp. I wonder if they are evaluating what the ultimate goal of DHS is to become. Maybe Star Tours 2 turned down(rumored via other sites) for - this is my own speculation -TSL after the Paris and Hong Kong installs? Pixarland on the way?

Here's my wild rumor and opinion. I think DHS should dump the Indianna Stunt show. The money saved from the fee to expand Star Wars into it's own proper "land". Put in the Star Tours 2, build the Cantina for the food option, build the speeder bikes using Vekoma as the vendor, some lesser rides themed to the Star Wars universe (Ewok tree village? Tatooine "main street"?), and viola.

Then moving on, completely embrace Pixar's movies. Leave Magic Kingdom as the mouse's house. The have Pixar's best ride, TSM, currently, so bring in the TSL from Paris, Crush from Paris, Carsland from DCA (border buster -, jump the street, or take down some of the "backlot" or the Lights Motor Action - Disney loves to save on labor costs after all).

One fun thing I do on occasion is look at the parks from aerial and birdseye views from either Bing or Google maps. There is huge amounts of space by most of the WDW parks. Epcot is probably the most landlocked out of all the parks. AK has the potential to be epic in scale, and some of the more large land concepts could easily find a home there.

Magic Kingdom has quite a bit of space past it's borders, example - using "Floridain Way" as the actual border of the park. DHS also has huge tracts of land next to it, some amazing things could be done with in those areas.

^^Joke is old and unfunny

^come back in a few years before you post again

I thought it was a pretty good spin on an old theme--and no backseat moderating, please.

^Twizzler, please be a bit more selective when you post. I appreciate your enthusiam for parks and for the site, but at the moment you appear to be posting for the sake of posting.

^^Joke is old and unfunny

^come back in a few years before you post again

I thought it was a pretty good spin on an old theme--and no backseat moderating, please.

^Twizzler, please be a bit more selective when you post. I appreciate your enthusiam for parks and for the site, but at the moment you appear to be posting for the sake of posting.

But I'm not. I just never knew there was trips. So excuse me for being courious. Ohh and if I was posting for the sake of posting I would be posting a lot more.

If that Beastly Kingdom rumor turns out to be true, then that is awesome. The only question now is it a low rise structure like Dinosaur or another mini-mountain Everest? Imo, they could probably save themselves a ton of money if they didn't use the same ride system from Test Track, but instead a coaster car like Mummy's Revenge. I guess the question would be is the trade off of range of motion versus the more traditional launched coaster car?

They'd probably use the Prometheus mountain from Tokyo, but if it's Beastly Kingdom, I'd imagine that they'd maybe lean a little further away from the Jules Verne theme of Mysterious Island.

And it's so weird that WDW would turn down Star Tours 2, but then greenlight JTCE and the Fantasyland revamp. I wonder if they are evaluating what the ultimate goal of DHS is to become. Maybe Star Tours 2 turned down(rumored via other sites) for - this is my own speculation -TSL after the Paris and Hong Kong installs? Pixarland on the way?

It's not that weird, they're just starting to pull out the big guns to compete with Potter.

I think DHS should dump the Indianna Stunt show

Well, last time I checked, that was the plan for the next few years, but I heard that they'd just build an Indy dark ride rather than Star Wars. I don't see why Disney hasn't done a lot with Star Wars though, it's not like it's the biggest movie franchise of all tme or anything...

Imagine how awesome AK would look with 3 "peaks"... Journey, Tree of Life and then Everest..... that's some awesome photo ops from the parking lot right there.

^I do agree that Valleyfair would do pretty well with an invert, hell a Batman clone would please the crowds over there, but knowing CF, if they ever did get an invert it probably would be Talon/Patrioty

Yes... we do need an invert here.... a floorless would be nice too... I think ANY Bolliger & Mabillard would be an attractive addition to Valleyfair's resume. However, we do have reasonably high standards... (meaning that personally I would be unimpressed if Cedar Fair took a Six Flags inspired clone and dumped it into the park) Too bad Valleyfair isn't high on the priority list....

i thought Kennywood was supposed to make a big announcement today..

According to someone on KP Connection, they haven't made it yet and it's going to be made later at the ACE dinner. Someone else on that site also said to not expect it to be that big of an announcement.

UPDATE: Again, according to someone on KP Connection, apparently ACE was the one making an announcement, not Kennywood, and a Kennywood employee (I'm assuming) was quoted saying this, "the flyer didn't say that Kennywood was making an announcement." The announcement by ACE was that they made Mary Lou Rosemeyer an honorary ACE member.