TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Rumor / Crazy Idea Superthread

unlike SFI which plays favorites with it's parks at the expense of the rest of the chain CF bases their cap ex projects around the potential ROI of a new attraction.

SF doesn't really play "favorites" anymore (unless you consider TGE and SFSTl to be the new favorites of the chain). Even though the flagship parks still get huge additions, many of the other parks have gotten new rides/upgrades in recent years...

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are a spoiled park. I guess they aren't satisfied with the world class um . . . what's it called? Dominator?

VF recently got renegade a few years ago & that's not a bad ride in itself....remember that,unlike SFI which plays favorites with it's parks at the expense of the rest of the chain CF bases their cap ex projects around the potential ROI of a new attraction.

Yes. I'm very grateful for Renegade. But we didn't get anything last year, and now this year we get a wavepool and get told we are for sale. I think that's why I feel particularly bitter because there are two parks with possible MAJOR expansions, and we might be sold to a different company to pay for these new expansions at other parks. That's why it seems rather agitating. Imagine your home park being sold to an unknown company, and then see a fellow park get $$Million expansions. (yes I know you were sold to CF, but it is one of the best companies out there, where as we could be downgraded)

In respect to the Big Bad Wolf rumor. Although I don't want to see BBW go, if the rumor is true, do any of you think that if Busch Gardens adds a new country that due to their relationship with B&M that they would add a flying coaster and use the some of the foot prints of Big Bad Wolf for the layout. The Rhine River portion comes to mind. I guess that would be cool if that would happen, but I have great memories of BBW.

I didn't do a search in all of the topics, so I don't know if it was discussed, but some people here in Montreal have heard that La Ronde might be getting a new coaster for 2010, and it will possibly be the Swamp Thing from Cypress Gardens in Orlando.

Each year ACE holds the KennyKon event at Kennywood. Here is the flyer for this year's event, which will take place on July 19:

http://www.aceonline.org/fliers/KennyKon2009.pdf

If you don't want to download it, there is a promiment statement that may be related to the "big new ride" mentioned in the Post-Gazette article I posted earlier in the thread:

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT to be made at event

July 19th can't come soon enough...

In respect to the Big Bad Wolf rumor. Although I don't want to see BBW go, if the rumor is true, do any of you think that if Busch Gardens adds a new country that due to their relationship with B&M that they would add a flying coaster and use the some of the foot prints of Big Bad Wolf for the layout. The Rhine River portion comes to mind. I guess that would be cool if that would happen, but I have great memories of BBW.

I absolutely LOVE B&M, but I wouldn't want to see the Big Bad Wolf replaced by ANYthing. This rumor is NOT cool to me, at all. And besides, why wouldn't they put a new land in the area behind Festa Italia? Or between San Marco and Loch Ness?

My point of asking Tom (The Toader) was maybe Cedar Fair felt that the attendance numbers weren't up to where they were adding major investments to the park and not seeing any change in attendance numbers.

On a side note I'm still kinda of surprised that Cedar Fair would get rid of Valleyfair as that is one of their original parks, plus Kinzel was a General Manager there too (if I'm not mistaken) before becoming President and CEO.

Tom

I absolutely LOVE B&M, but I wouldn't want to see the Big Bad Wolf replaced by ANYthing. This rumor is NOT cool to me, at all. And besides, why wouldn't they put a new land in the area behind Festa Italia? Or between San Marco and Loch Ness?

I hope BBW doesn't go but the rumor is that they want to use at least part of i t's footprint to create a new access point to the former DF area but with that coaster already gone they should have plenty of room without having to even touch BBW.

I'm personally gonna take the Wolf comment with a grain of salt. I doubt Busch is adding a new land anytime soon (especially after they JUST added one this year) and I don't think they're getting rid of BBW since it's still fairly popular (even moreso than LNM is).

Tom: I have been very disappointed in their announcement too. As far as attendance, All I can say is it has been rising. What it was before? I have no clue. Someone (another VF Fan) told me it was up 2% in 2008, and I would think it was up the year before with Renegade.

We didn't even have Dick Kinzel there for the grand opening of Breakers Bay It was very sad to see.

^ But he was there in the following weeks for a while looking around at the park. Dunno what that was about though.

As far as the BBW rumor, I think it'd be really cool if they removed it and put a flyer in its place that sorta was a mirror image to the ride. Have the first half be mellow & have a flatspin or barrel roll and then have a huge second half that flies over the lake & has a killer grand finale. That'd be amazing.

^^ I don't know why, but I just have the feeling that if HW doesn't add the steel looper next year, that it's never going to happen. It's time. In fact it's past time. If next year isn't the year, then I'm convinced that the park flat out just isn't interested in a steel coaster.

But here's hoping for that B&M (Red or Yellow )at HW in 2010! And they have to name it Firecracker! It's a proper tribute.

There was an early rumor here in Brazil claiming that Six Flags America's Two-Face was sold to a Brazilian theme park.

We contacted SFA and they confirmed this information, but denied to tell which park did it. (...)

Hey everyone,

I don't know if you remember that, but I posted it here on March 13 and I have great news: Two-Face arrived here in Brazil yesterday!!!

The coaster is in the Port of Santos, in São Paulo (Brazil southeast), and it's rumored that it will go to Hopi Hari theme park (in São Paulo too).

Some Hopi Hari employees confirmed that the coaster IS going to the park... Hopi Hari management doesn't reply any message about that.

I decided to post it in this thread, cause we still don't have any image of the coaster. Hope to have some ones to send you soon.

Two-Face will be the second inverted coaster in Brazil. And in less than one year!

DSC04131.JPG.486a4d54f582bafe08e193a52a71017b.JPG

Hopi Hari is clearing this area next to the drop tower and the ferris wheel, where they had a circus. They also have a large space in the Wild West area next to the parking. =)

I hope BBW doesn't go but the rumor is that they want to use at least part of i t's footprint to create a new access point to the former DF area but with that coaster already gone they should have plenty of room without having to even touch BBW.

Yeah, I heard about the access thing. It makes NO sense at all! If they decided to use the Drachen Fire area for something, what would be wrong with using the path that led to the area in the first place? And why would they need to tear down an entire roller coaster in order to build a path to a section that has already had paths leading to it before?

I don't mean to sound flabbergasted, but I really love the Big Bad Wolf, and removing it would be a huge mistake.