TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The NHL Discussion Thread

First with the Ovechkin crap, now about the refs. Jeezus, it never stops.

My team hasn't won a playoff game in the 10 years they've been around. There are teams in much worse predicaments than the Caps.

Back on track, I was shocked that the Kings blew that game. It was on Versus before I flipped to Conan, then I went to bed before checking again. I thought it was well over by then. Oh, how I was wrong.

Huge win the other night for the Sabres with Miller getting his second shut-out to tie the series. Too bad I was in Grand Forks and they were showing the Caps/Rangers & Pens/Lightning (although they were both good games to watch). Definitely glad to be back home now so I can see tonight's game...it's gonna be awesome!

The goaltending has been stellar on both ends (for the most part) and you can tell that these teams just don't like each other...but that rivalry goes back a looong way. It will be interesting to see how tonight's game starts after the brawling at the conclusion of Game Four.

Hopefully, the Sabres can start finding the back of the net more, but I like the fact that we are not backing down from Philly's physical style of play. Loved it when Lindy Ruff called out Mike Richard's complaining of the non-calls to "quit your whining" & that Richard's comments were "total crap"!

"Duck" fans never seem to dissapoint. Giving up on the team when one, or a few games are lost, is not supporting a team. Rather, fans came on the band wagon when the Ducks had the best team in the league, and now, even when making the playoffs, can't produce the same year as the 06/07' year, which leads to most fans just giving up on a team. Some so called "fan base."

^The city of Anaheim has a long history of only supporting winners. Nobody cared about the Angels prior to their world series win either. Ducks were 23rd in NHL attendance this year.

I don't think Buffalo has really outplayed the Flyers once this series... what a frustrating series and season thusfar.

I will admit that it has been tight and Philly has looked pretty good, but in some of the games Buffalo was taking way too many penalties and were short-handed a lot. Philly just couldn't capitilize on those opportunities and that could possibly haunt them if the Sabres end up winning the series.This has been a very close series with only last night's game being one where there was a three goal differential at any time during the five games.

With that being said...what a game last night! I was thinking LA Kings and Montreal all the way when the Sabres blew the 3-0 lead in the 2nd period, but they worked hard, got what they needed and are heading back to Buffalo for tomorrow afternoon's game up 3-2.

Let's hope they can close this one out at home!

Wow... Lightning 8 Penguins 2. Way to go Tampa. I'm still not getting my hopes up, I still think the Penguins are gonna win the series.

And Hopefully the Caps can close out the series at home, That Rangers loss must have been a huge confidence drainer for them knowing that in the regular season they never lost when leading after 2.