TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The NHL Discussion Thread

Ouch...blowing a 3-1 series lead is bad. 1 for 35 on the PP is worse.

Although i do have to say, playing without the world's best player, and another of the best in the world, for a very long time and still having a shot at a conference regular season title going down the stretch is impressive. But, we just couldnt put the puck in the net in the playoffs. I knew itd be the death of us, lack of offense.

Here's to next year lol

Better change my avatar til October.

I will say the semi-finals are going to be far more interesting than the quarterfinals were; at least for me.

Caps v. Tampa: Easy: Caps want blood for what Tampa did to them in the playoffs 2003- and they want it bad. Tampa is riding an ego streak that is bound to fail, especially in the PP area.

As for the other's: I'm not quite sure how to boil it down. I know there will be a lot of bad blood in the remaining six teams; I know that it's going to be a very vicious series- and I'd bet we're going to see plenty of sin bin time- especially of the Caps.

What is going on here? The Wings and Caps are down 2-0. The Wings especially are a shock. They definitely need some home-cooking right about now, and the Caps are gonna have to make do in Tampa.

^ Hey smartass, at least we actually made it to the second round.

Just messing with you, bud. I have to agree with you though, the last 2 games the Caps have not played like themselves. And remember, Tampa got lucky in both games when the puck went in our net off of Hannan's stick in game 1 and Green's skate in Game 2. The Lightning have been playing the best they can, and the Caps have not been playing their best. We got caught in a bad line change in OT and we payed for it. We are mathematically still in it, we came back from a 2-0 game deficit in the 2009 series against the Rangers. We have a much better Caps team than that year, so we can still come back. Don't count anybody out until the series ends. The Flyers showed us that last year against the B's.

Remember all those nice things I said about Neuvy, well they aren't holding up this series. Neuvy has been the weakest link in the series and doesn't seem as calm as he did against the Rangers. And all the people saying Boudreau is getting fired if we lose the series, I don't believe them. Leonsis wouldn't get rid of him that quickly. He is the greatest coach we have had, and I don't blame him for the struggles we've had in the postseason as much as I do the players not being mentally ready. I would give him at least one more year. At least we can say we made it further than the Pens.

Well at least we took the same team to a 7 game series without two of the three best players in the world there smartass Sorry, I had to get back at you a lil there bud

Anyways, theyre in deep do-do. Could this be it for Boudreau? Everyone's favorite to win the Cup have their backs against the wall.

If we go back to the beginning of the series, and for the whole series it stays close, and the caps lose in like game 7 in OT then I would definitely say Boudreau is safe. As it is, if they lose tonight or even in game 5, that could be it for him. Goaltending definitely needs to be addressed on the off-season though.

At least we can say we made it further than the Pens.

Yeah, the Pens (less Crosby and Malkin) lost in 7 to the same team that are up 3-0 on the Caps.

Edit: Make that a sweep. Wow. And Boston is on the verge of sweeping the Flyers, again. They had better not blow that this time around.

^My thoughts exactly

^^My thoughts exactly.

We were missing our two top scorers, two of the three best players in the world, and took the same team to 7 games. The Caps, fully healthy, with Ovechkin playing well, a solid team, were swept.