TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The NHL Discussion Thread

go sharks beating devils. (though brodeur is my favorite goalie).

It's so wierd about Brodeur, last year he was one of the best goalies in the league, now he is just average. He let in five goals in ten shots against us and got pulled, and he only has two wins this season. As much as I hate to say it, I think it's time for the legend to hang up his skates.

Well also how can you make an informed decision on whether he should hang up his skates or not when they have only played

10 out of the 82 games in the season? And he also got his 112th shutout so far. He has made mistakes yes but so does every goalie. Hiller was hot last year but is not doing well at all this year. Niemi was Stanley cup champion but got pulled in the game versus the flames and nittymacki is now the starting goaltender. So its not good to base performance off of the first 10 games.

go sharks beating devils. (though brodeur is my favorite goalie).

It's so wierd about Brodeur, last year he was one of the best goalies in the league, now he is just average. He let in five goals in ten shots against us and got pulled, and he only has two wins this season. As much as I hate to say it, I think it's time for the legend to hang up his skates.

Yeah because the Devils dressing 15 or so players, and their $100 million man playing like he doesn't give a sh*t now that he's got his money is all Brodeur's fault...

It's far too early to say who/what teams are hot or not. 10 games into the regular season most teams are still working out the kinks in their system, not to mention the new folks are all working into their team dynamics. A few more weeks and I'd expect to see what the teams are going to look like down the stretch, but for now it is far too early to say who's going to be terrible and who is going to wreck everyone else.

Other than the terrible officiating in the first period, or rather the entire first period in general, that Caps game was awesome! Six goals in the second period with back-to-back Ovechkin power play goals 12 seconds apart. Then Green and Bradley scored 13 seconds apart. The best part is that they came back from a 2-0 deficit to win 7-2.

^ It was nice to see them put together 60 minutes of hockey last night, no doubt. Going to the game on Wednesday, looking forward to seeing how they do after a reasonably successful road trip.

How many Stanley Cups do you have again? Oh yeah, that's right.

Penguins - 3, Capitals - 0. Crosby - 1, Ovechkin - 0.

Washington Capitals, weakest division in the NHL. Have an inflated point value every year because of that, but come playoff time when they actually play real teams regularly, they get trounced and embarrassed. What a joke.

That pisses me off into another dimension. The Caps have more talent than any other team in the league ( on paper), which makes it a wonder why we haven't won the cup year after year. That's what I hate about Penguins fans, all they know how to do is talk $h!t about other teams and it really pisses me off.

That pisses me off into another dimension. The Caps have more talent than any other team in the league ( on paper), which makes it a wonder why we haven't won the cup year after year. That's what I hate about Penguins fans, all they know how to do is talk $h!t about other teams and it really pisses me off.

They have a good team for the regular season, but they are missing that playoff grit/experience. When the Penguins won, they had guys like Guerin, Talbot, and say what you want about him, but Matt Cooke plays this type of role well. The Wings are another example. Lidstrom, Rafalski, Holmstrom, Draper, McCarty. You need these kinds of guys on your team and the Caps just don't have that yet.

That's what I hate about Penguins fans, all they know how to do is talk $h!t about other teams and it really pisses me off.

I hate that Capitals fans are extremely arrogant, but when they lose, most of them are nowhere to be found. What you're doing is talking sh*t, I'm just stating fact. There's a difference.

I'm all for friendly trash-talking when it's just all in good fun, but what kind of response did you honestly expect after saying things like Crysby and Pissburgh? Seriously.

^ You don 't know that, the Caps have really stepped up their game defensively. Last year Mike Green was mainly focused on offense, now Boudreau has had him go back to defense. While he can still score goals, he has shown that he is a great defenseman. Against the Flyers, the pair of Green and Schultz held the Richards line to 1 shot total. Talk about defensive domination. It's also nice to see Green fighting now.

You know what they say, offense wins games, defense wins championships.

FINALLY! Buffalo get's their first home win of the season...against the team with the best record in the league even (Caps)!

That Vanek goal in OT was nice, but I can't believe how he split the defensemen in two and just walked in and deked the goaltender that easily. Really poor defense and goaltending, but still a nice goal to watch from a fan's perspective!

Now, let's see if they can turn their season around and keep this winning streak going!

^ It sure is.

I was at the Kings Islanders game on Saturday. Here are a few pics and a video from my trip.

View from my seats. I was able to get a pair of tickets for $27.60! Not bad considering that it would have cost me $44.50 for each ticket on TicketMaster and that is before the fees!

The new HD scoreboard at Staples Center! Also before the first faceoff Staples Center now has a very nice pre game laser light show, that is why its so foggy.

NBA, where the predictable happens! Lakers vs Heat 2011! I just saved you the torcher of watching an 82 game basketball season and boring playoff series.

Pregame warm ups

ZZZZEEEEEEUUUUSSSS

Scuds, thanks to him on several occasions I was able to see the Pens lift the Stanley Cup in my lifetime. Thankyou!! Hopefully he will help the Kings do the same soon!

One goal short of a Hat Trick. Sigh.

J.M.F.J!!

DRRRREEEEEEWWWWW

About to be destroyed!

View of LA Live from the upper concourse balcony.

Advertising beer on a motor vehicle. NICE!

During the Intermission the NY Islanders were nice enough to come out and play a pick up game for LA fans.

GOAL!!!!!!

Only photos I have of the game. Didn't want to watch the game through a view finder.

Dustin Brown 2nd star of the game with a Penalty Shot goal!!!!

Game worn jerseys.

$1000!! No thanks.

Kings won 5-1. They are also a perfect 8-0 at home and have yet to allow a Power Play goal at Staples Center.

GO Kings GO!!!!!