TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The NHL Discussion Thread

Penguins lost to the Islanders! L-O-L!

Best of all, Crosby's point streak is over!

Wasn't it only about a month ago when the Caps lost 5-0 to the last place Devils? Not to mention the 7-0 shellacking they took against the Rangers a little over 2 weeks ago.

Edited by FeelTheFORCE

^Three things:

1. People DID talk about it when the Pens beat the Caps in a shootout- several people, including you.

2. To say that the Caps "caught TONS of lucky breaks" is an exaggeration at best.

3. It's a fifteen-year old kid. No need to get up in arms over it.

Of course now that you've had the last word it'd just be silly to keep talking. Grow up.

Looks like the Caps won the Classic anyway... but I'm willing to bet this totally wasn't a fair game and the Caps just got lucky and the sun was in Crosby's eyes.

EDIT: Bad timing, happened to post that just as you posted a concession to make yourself look classy.

EDIT: Bad timing, happened to post that just as you posted a concession to make yourself look classy.

Or I just see things how they are and give credit where credit is due? Nice try. I'm sorry I'm passionate about the game of hockey and enjoy discussing it, while not always posting everything you want to hear. Sue me.

I have to think the shoddy play was a result of the choppiness of the ice... sort of a good-bad of the Winter Classic, great conditions for everything except the play surface.

Next game I'm really looking forward to is the Stanley Cup rematch, although the Blackhawks seem like a husk of the team they were last year. I expect the Flyers to win, but it'll still be good to revisit the series.

EDIT:

I just see things how they are and give credit where credit is due

That's probably what it is. You're right again!

I'm actually surprised imawesome1124 isn't here gloating yet. It was a fun game to watch. Hope Crosby is ok after that hit he took. It took way too long for him to get on the ice after Fleury went to the bench. Seemed like his head wasn't there and he's the last person you'd expect to not be aware.

^ That's because I fell asleep before the game ended and was playing Kinect until just now.

And I am not going to gloat I am going to say that it was a well played game by the Caps. We got a power play goal an killed off all the penalties. And that was a great fight by Erskine and Rupp, very even fight.

The main thing I'm surprised about is that neither Crosby or Ovechkin got a point in that game.