TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best Coaster "Voice Over" or Sounds

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes! I remember those Flight of Fear ones! I loved the "We thank you for showing us your world....now it's time to see ours!"

There is a new voice over in the station that I heard on the last day of PKI open....I cant really remember it but it was cool!

The coaster that seems the lamest with the launch is Kingda Ka.....it's just a horn. Laaammmeeeee

Sadly, I've only been to one launching coaster, but I've heard some from videos.

Top Thrill Dragsters sound gives me chills, don't ask me why, 'cause I don't know..

The Incredible Hulks story is cool, not like others.

Kanonen (The one I've been to) is nice with 8 heartbeats, then the sound of a canon, and you're off.

My favorite two happened on Acrophobia:

1) "You are now ascending 200ft into the air above Atlanta. In a few seconds you will reach the top... take a good look around and notice there is nothing between you and the ground. Taking about a minute to reach this height, it'll take you less than a second to reach the bottom again... in 10, 9, 8, 1 *Drop*"

2) "Sorry folks, we're having some technical difficulties with Acrophobia at the moment. We're calling a mechanic over and everything should be fine shortly. I'll keep you updated on the progress. (4 seconds later) *Drop*... Oh, it's all fixed now"

Waiting in line for Deja Vu was fun too.

(Standing infront of the gate) "Say goodbye to the riders everyone"... (Train leaves up the back spike)... "Say hello again!" (Train rushes though the station)...

My favorite would have to be Rock 'N Roller Coaster. The whole atmosphere whith the sign and music is really cool.

Another one would be Kingda Ka without the air horn. Especially in the front seat. It's just you in dead silence staring out at the monsterous track.

Wow, I completely forgot about some of the ones people have mentioned:

ROTM - "May your end be my beginning (at this point, there's a skeleton following you around the turntable). Your souls are MINE!"

Hulk - "I think it's working...it's going to work this time! Warning, warning, system malfunction...oh no!"

I like the Acrophobia one mentioned on the last page, they would make me laugh at the poor sould on the ride!

Rockin' Roller Coaster : Steven Tyler is amazing

A funny one I heard:

Xcelerator - Knotts

The ride attendant was counting down the "hot rod" to launch and here's how it went:

"Alright, we're going in 5... 4.... 3.... **launch** 2.... oops... guess i counted to slow!"

It was really funny to see the suprised looks on people's faces when the train launched sooner than they thought! Good times

The only launched coaster I've been on is CA Screamin', which is kinda boring in my opinion.

But if I was a ride op on a launched coaster, I would say, "Okay guys, we're goin in 3-2-1..." then pretend to push the button a bunch of times, as if I was confused, then say "Folks, we are having some technical difficulties with the launching mechanism. We will evacuate immediately, sorry for the inconvenience." Then when I get up to pretend to get them out, I press the launch button. I hope you understood all that!

I remember riding Montezooma's Revenge at KBF back in the 1970s, and the CM at the control board extended his arm, thumb up; asked "Clear?"; then turned his thumb down and said "dispatching" with a rather fiendish grin on his face.

Used to crack up my older brother, too.