TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Transformers: The Movie Trailer Released!

robbalvey

Will you go see the Transformers Movie when it comes out in July 2007?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Will you go see the Transformers Movie when it comes out in July 2007?

• HELL YEAH!
    • Nope, no interest.
    • I'll wait for the DVD release.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was able to see the trailer, definitely looks like it will be a good action movie. It's too soon to tell if it will have a good plot, acting, etc. though

IMHO Michael Bay & good plot/acting is an oxymoron. His action sequences are put together like a hip hop video. Disjointed and confusing.

As I have to pick and choose what films I see now a days. I can guarantee that I probably will think twice about even renting this thing on video. I realy have not liked anything MB has ever done and this one looks like a "butchering" of the Transformers that I was raised with. So if I was at the video store and it was between this and lets say "Steel Magnolias." I would pick the latter.

Just my 2c.

I am looking forward to the movie since I am a transformer fan. I hope it turns out decent. There are a lot of movies that are coming out next year that I want to see. Although the movie might be good, it is going to do horrible in the box office, especially since Harry Potter opens the weekend after. To me, it will be one of those movies that I wait a week and see for free since I have a family member who works at a movie theater. Currently the only movies I will pay to see on opening night are Spiderman 3, Fantastic Four 2, Harry Potter, and maybe Ghost Rider...but that is a big maybe.

A Transformers movie... an 80s fanboy's wet dream... Here are some potential problems I see:

1. Michael Bay is the director.

2. Because Michael Bay is the director, can we expect to see Optimus Prime fall in love with the same woman as Megatron? Thus ending their friendship and fueling the feud that we all know and love? (I'm sorry, but Pearl Harbor is NOT a war movie)

3. Some of the names involved:

a. Tyrese Gibson (of 2 Fast 2 Furious fame)

b. Jon Voight (his career kinda straddles comedy and drama)

c. Bernie Mac ('nuff said)

What the h*** kind of movie is this?!?!?!?

the Transformers were my favorite toys of the 80's, so I'll be there regardless of whether the movie looks good or not. This new trailer looked really good, but my biggest issue will be how true the robots are to their cartoon counterpart, and if they still make the same "transforming" noise.

now if we could get a cameo by unicron, that would be nice.

As someone that NEVER goes to movies the trailer really peaked my interest. As of now I have to say Hell Yeah. But then I saw Elissa post about Die Hard 4 being released the same day. Dang, thats a tough decision.

Ron "The wife always wants me to go to a movie with her and I say no. How much ya wanna bet she wont ask about either of these" Patton

Transformer Movie Official site has the trailer up as well as a new website (showing a screwed up version of Bay's idea of Cybertron). At the end of the preview you'll get to hear Prime speak. At least someone working on the movie was smart enough to cast Peter Cullen as the voice of Prime (the same guy who did his voice in the cartoon). Sounds a little off, but its still Prime to me, which will definitely help this movie from a fanboy standpoint. Rumor has it that Frank Welker is also going to be doing the voice of Megatron. We can only hope! Maybe it won't be as bad as the name Bay projects!

I'm interested, but not sure if I'll catch this in theatres, as I don't get to go to the movies nearly as often as I should.

I never watched transformers as a kid, so I have no emotional ties with the brand, but it looks good so far, and it looks like standard summer blockbuster fare, which I love.

I'll definitely be seeing this, it's more of a matter of "when."

I probably won't see it (Until it comes out on DVD and someone buys it)

But I do know a lot of people that are like "OMFGWTFBBQ! Transformers! Must see!"... but that's not me.

Yeah, it looks pretty cool... but then again, it looks like a giant anime or one of those "Lego" straight to DVD movies, just with a huge budget.

At least someone working on the movie was smart enough to cast Peter Cullen as the voice of Prime (the same guy who did his voice in the cartoon). Sounds a little off, but its still Prime to me, which will definitely help this movie from a fanboy standpoint.

Yep, definitely Peter Cullen. He just sounds 20 years older.

First reaction from me would be that it looks great... i'd love to go and sit down and just watch this movie...

Only "issue" is that i'm living in Europe (netherlands) so i guess i'll have to wait a little longer untill i can see it

Sometimes i believe i live in the "wrong" part of the world

i do know that my "little" brother (Transformer Fan) is looking forward to this movie...

This looks like a Fun Movie for the 4th of July.

So break out the "Large" tub of Popcorn, with extra (self-serve) Butter, and enjoy the ride!

This is definitely a movie to see on the big screen.

Then when Activisions (Robb's) Transformer game is released, let the good times continue..............

has anyone seen the secret site thing. sector7.org and then use takara83 as the password. Its also in the trailer when they said "we have this recording" and are listining to it in the top right and bottem right corner of the screen. So far no one knows what it is, but guessing someone here might.

edit: some people think its for a transformer game I could believe it

edit: some people think its for a transformer game I could believe it

Nope!

you could always be lying

I could be...but nope.

Then what do you think it is. Also if it was wouldnt you not be aloud to confirm it?

I actually don't know what it is other than it's NOT from the game!