TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

p. 274: New Fire in the Hole announced for 2024!

Employees were told that starting later this week they would have to park elsewhere due to that becoming staging for track and supports.

Awesome!!! Considering we are at the park every other weekend it will be interesting to see if this actually turns out to be true or not.

UPDATE: so the staging area is not related to the coaster but improvements to another ride.

Regarding the new coaster, there is land and tree clearing that has started. They have created a new access road from Indian Point Rd.

Edited by PhantomPoster32

Holy crap, green construction cones. Green is the same color as Hulk. Hulk has a launch. This is an OBVIOUS sign that this will be a 500-foot tall Intamin flywheel launch Aquatrax.

PhantomPoster, if that staging area/parking lot is not for the coaster, and instead for another ride(s), are you able to tell us which ones?

Maybe by Friday? I'm waiting for confirmation on where exactly this stuff is coming from. So I'm not being disingenuous - this is for an upgrade to an already established ride and not a new ride. Unfortunately I do no know to what extent they plan on doing with the stuff they bought.

Hey PhantomPoster, Have you heard any updates on what the 2017 coaster is going to be? Still a B&M? Any idea on what type?

From what we're hearing it's still going to be a B&M. Whatever it ends up being, it will be a pretty decent sized coaster.

Also regarding the thing CaptainUnknown was asking about. Stuff arrived last night. I'm going to let it sit for a full 24 hrs before saying just what it is as the park's uppers have been really sticklers on keeping things hush hush on what all is happening the remainder of this season and during the next off season

So... what do you make of this marker?

Are there other markers with the same overlapping LC?

Interesting

It's for their new coaster next year, Lightning Chaser! Think people in the Midwest will be at all confused???

So... what do you make of this marker?

Are there other markers with the same overlapping LC?

Interesting

It's for their new coaster next year, Lightning Chaser! Think people in the Midwest will be at all confused???

I was thinking Lost City only to be confused with Lost River. Actually I will go with what Phantom said

From what we're hearing it's still going to be a B&M. Whatever it ends up being, it will be a pretty decent sized coaster.

I'm just going to take a stab at it and guess that SDC is getting a B&M hyper. Aside from mediocre and dated Mamba, Missouri is lacking a decent hyper.

I'm just going to take a stab at it and guess that SDC is getting a B&M hyper. Aside from mediocre and dated Mamba, Missouri is lacking a decent hyper.

Wouldn't a wingrider make more sense for this location in the park?

We all know where Prozach will be! SFStL will still never build one it seems.

At the park now. Apparently the coaster will make a turn right next to thunderations station on the front side where it turns out of the station. There's also a marker within tnt's track in the "swoop" after the tunnel. Definitely got a big staging area setup next to tnt's lifthill. No doubt about it, this is definitely a coaster.

Since the information is out there now - SDC received the first of several new locomotives that they bought from a private owner out of Wisconsin. The "new" narrow gauge engines will be put into rotation with the engines the park already has. The first to arrive is Engine 504 and it is currently sitting on flat bed on the back lot.

Here are some of my photos from this weekend. There are a few more of the same here: http://sdcfans.com/2017-project-construction-update-52116/

So the track will go through (or above) the EH bathrooms somehow, but it's pretty tight so it must be an inversion or lift hill and drop from my estimation. The markings disappear down the hill from the bathrooms for both directions of the track, so it doesn't look like we'll be able to tell the rest of the layout until they start putting the footers in. It will cross over ThuNderaTion at least once though.

WP_20160521_15_24_38_Pro.thumb.jpg.16419ab4799ebd1274eb7ad5ecacb253.jpg

WP_20160521_15_24_45_Pro.thumb.jpg.4da42fd14362fde0d7e78bb5b8ba36ed.jpg

WP_20160521_15_24_49_Pro.thumb.jpg.fb333ae6919a8b5a65ec1dd17ebe0c26.jpg

WP_20160521_16_35_17_Pro.thumb.jpg.1bca6e0b8a03b754f62e302e1ce73af0.jpg

WP_20160521_16_35_49_Pro.thumb.jpg.8b3a60a39bc3fd02c9a1ba5b6b916dcb.jpg

WP_20160521_17_44_09_Pro.thumb.jpg.90df5b35896fec19a9ca4dd6985f7ef5.jpg

WP_20160521_17_44_13_Pro.thumb.jpg.295ed239560566d1d18275e1dd7cc1e5.jpg

This is so exciting. SDC is really making name for itself for being one of, if not the best park in the middle America.

Whatever it is, I hope it is a longer ride, a hyper would be awesome. If there was one, nit-picky complaint that could be made about SDC's coasters it's that they tend to be a bit short.

^ That's fair. I'm always amazed when I go elsewhere that their coasters tend to be longer than the ones at SDC. I always come back to a bias, though, that I prefer shorter, more intense coasters to ones that are longer and meander. You can always ride a second time!

This is so exciting. SDC is really making name for itself for being one of, if not the best park in the middle America.

Whatever it is, I hope it is a longer ride, a hyper would be awesome. If there was one, nit-picky complaint that could be made about SDC's coasters it's that they tend to be a lot more intense then their larger counterparts.

Fixed that for you