TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Studios Singapore Discussion Thread

My bad, I am getting everything confused. I don't think that DD was ever planned to be in this park, just Hulk Mummy and that Dueling invert/sitdown coasters. Hulk was put on the back burner presently I though probably due to the recession, mummy and galactica are happening though. I just got confused and compared Gal to DD because of the similar "dueling" aspect of each.

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Just came across this:

DesignWorks just finished the theming and show design schematic package for what will be the world's tallest dueling coasters for Universal Studios Singapore. The attraction is based on the wildly popular Sci-fi Channel series remake of Battlestar Galactica. On schedule to open in 2010, its going to be fracking incredible. So say we all.

(http://www.mmdesignworks.com/ourwork.html)

im stoked.

Just came across this:

DesignWorks just finished the theming and show design schematic package for what will be the world's tallest dueling coasters for Universal Studios Singapore. The attraction is based on the wildly popular Sci-fi Channel series remake of Battlestar Galactica. On schedule to open in 2010, its going to be fracking incredible. So say we all.

im stoked.

I would be more excited if it wasnt being built by Vekoma...

Im not holding my breath, me and my GF are thinking about going out there next year to do this, then go to china and hit some parks there. Im not going to start knocking it yet, but Vekoma has yet to build a coaster taht after 5 years doesnt feel like im in a blended.

^^^Although not five years old yet obviously, Expedition Everest has proven to be a much smoother ride than previous Vekomas. I really think that the redesigning of their trains and track will make a serious difference in the way their rides perform from now on.

Just came across this:

im stoked.

Towards the right side of the picture, that looks like vekoma track. Towards the left, it's definitely B&M. Does this mean anything or are they two different rides?

I really doubt we will see a Hulk clone, considering we haven't seen anything pointing towards something like that.

Anyway, I got a newsletter from Resort World today:

With six months to go before opening day, Resorts World at Sentosa

has stepped up efforts to assemble an opening team that is dedicated

to delivering top-class service, entertainment and holiday

experiences to its visitors.

Six months? Opening is said to be early 2010, so maybe they mean January or February? Maybe it is time until the first hotel opens?

I haven't seen or heard anything about Battlestar Galactica (the show), but isn't the color scheme a bit light for a Sci-Fi series? I imagined something darker as that drawing shows.

• 2 weeks later...