TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Studios Singapore Discussion Thread

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice video of Battlestar...

ADMIN EDITt: In the future, please try to embed the video or at least attach a better description as to what people are clicking. A four word description doesn't always instill much confidence when a person is clicking a hyperlink. I have gone ahead and embedded the video for you but feel free to use the YouTube tags when posting any additional videos.

From Screamscape:

Videos of Battlestar dueling...Interesting...

ADMIN EDITt: AGAIN, In the future, please try to embed the video or at least attach a better description as to what people are clicking. A four word description doesn't always instill much confidence when a person is clicking a hyperlink. I have gone ahead and embedded the video for you but feel free to use the YouTube tags when posting any additional videos.

After watching both videos it looks to me like the inverted side is ahead of the sitdown side through all of the ride causing the dueling to be off. It also looks like this is caused by the inverted side accelerating more quickly on the lift than the sitdown side, which is almost guaranteed to be adjustable so hopefully they'll work things out as testing continues. It would be a shame for it to not duel quite the way it was intended.

Theres definately a slight offset in the duel. I can see this being one of two reasons:

1. Blue train needs to go faster to make it through those inversions and the red one's being marketed as a family coaster

2. Testing lift speeds to synch them, and all will be better soon.

Anyways, new sexiness. I want it

4. it REALLY doesn't duel well after the cobra roll

That's is my main concern with this one. Most of the duel moments doesn't really seem to be any good onride. I'm wondering on how many of those you're even able to see the other train? It's not like on Dueling Dragons where the other train is heading directly towards you. Of course you will see the oh

I'm sure the timing problem will be solved, but the fact that they don't really duel is worse. Also the red one looks really slow, but that might also be changed.

I don't like to base judgment before riding it, but it might seem like trading Hulk for this was a bad choice. Going to find out next year.

Well, in defense for this ride, because I personally love it, is how do you make two coasters dual when one is a family sit down and the other is a inverting invert?

You cant have those 18 inch close duals through a loop when one of them can't loop. You cant have one ZGR over the other because one would be looping and one would have some crazy airtime.

My point being, Dueling Dragons are two identical coasters set out for the same purpose while Battlestar is two very different coasters trying to achieve different purposes while still maintaining some aspect of dueling. And yes, I do know DD aren't actually identical.

And lets be real, those trains and that hill are too awesome to actually hate.

Well, in defense for this ride, because I personally love it, is how do you make two coasters dual when one is a family sit down and the other is a inverting invert?

You cant have those 18 inch close duals through a loop when one of them can't loop. You cant have one ZGR over the other because one would be looping and one would have some crazy airtime.

There is a lot of possibilities. You could just have them raising towards each other and the inverted pulling up and the sit down going down. Or maybe a turn where the inverted track is on top of the sit down. I think there is almost more possibilities with one sit down and one inverted track, than with two inverted tracks. Being on a sit down train and seeing an inverted train coming towards you and pulling up in the last moment could be really cool!

• 2 weeks later...

Vekoma Roll Backs...I want one.

Those trains look fantastic, the coasters sound awesome and I think they are going to be a lot cooler than people are expecting.

And those mummy people outside mummy are massive, definitely seem bigger than those in O town.

In all seriousness though, Vekoma might be awesome.

• 4 weeks later...

I know some of these updates are old, but there is some sweet stuff posted on their website and on their facebook.

The Sentosa Blogspot can be found there.

December 16- Couple nice videos of the human line and Jurassic Park.

December 30- Some very nice shots of the park at night. Pretty coasters!

December 31- General Park update.

Check it out! Guess who is completely psyched for this theme park?

<----That man!