TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Video Games

Hey, I can get one of these two games and Im torn between them: Either Red Dead Redemption or Assassins Creed 2. AC2 Is a bit more enticing because it costs less but Red Dead Redemption looks really sweet and has online multiplayer....does anybody who has played/owned both have any advice on which I should get?

So I beat Half-Life 2 two nights ago. And I agree wholeheartedly with all the people that say it's one of the best games ever made.

And I also beat Episode 1 last night, in just under 4 hours. Not as good as I'd hoped, but still much better than a lot of other games.

Edited by onewheeled999

^^ I'd suggest RDR. ACII is a great game, but once you beat it there isn't anything else worthwhile to do. Mine has been collecting dust for months. At least you'll have decent replay value with RDR...not to mention it's a great game as well!

That's it. Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer is completely broken in every single way. It's like I want to have fun, and I want to play, but the game just doesn't let me.

Let's see, I've already beaten the campaign on veteran, and I can't beat any more of the Spec Ops, so I should just sell it.

I just started Super Mario Galaxy 2 and it is spectacular. I've beaten the first SMG game several times and found it quite enjoyable. However, this one is sooo much better. The core gameplay mechanics are the same (and there are some slick additions too), but there is so much polish on the game it's rediculous.

To sum it up: Remember how great Super Mario Bros. was and how you thought they could never make it better? Then do you remember how blown away by how much better/awesome Super Mario Bros. 3 was (even though the core mechanics were exactly the same)? It's the same with Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2. Don't hesitate to purchase.

That's it. Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer is completely broken in every single way. It's like I want to have fun, and I want to play, but the game just doesn't let me.

Let's see, I've already beaten the campaign on veteran, and I can't beat any more of the Spec Ops, so I should just sell it.

I sold mine weeks ago. I hate MW2, it's way more frustrating than enjoyable.

I have since switched to Battlefield Bad Company 2. I find that much more enjoyable, considering you can solve the camping problem very quickly and easily by just simply blowing up the building they are in, or calling a mortar strike right on their face.

In all seriousness, BFBC2 is a very fun and well-rounded game. I don't play it as much as I did a couple months ago, but it's a game I can always go back to.

Edited by FeelTheFORCE

^ They priced them way too high. The sad part is, they know people will pay it...and they will. $30 for two map packs is ridiculous.

^^ That sucks, aside from a select few guns (I'm talking maybe only two or three) I usually have no problem killing people in BFBC2. Works fine for me.

^^I always thought the same...which is why I didn't buy the Stimulus Map Pack. However, the Resurgence is actually quite good. I bought it, and the maps are great. I really hate the classic maps thrown in there for the extra price, but oh well.

Fuel is the biggest map in MW2 (I think) and it's got a boat-load of buildings. Trailer Park, the second map, is actually more fun the more you play it. The trailers are SO close to each other you can run around and kill people like crazy, and there are tons of places to hide. Domination on it is really fun. And lastly, Carnival, I have to say is the best map of the three, and it's not because I'm a coaster-nerd (though you can run on-top of the coaster tracks, so it's double awesome). It's just so crazy...the fun house is wicked fun to be in and you can climb on so many rides. Also, there are so many places to hide; it's so fun.

So, coming from somebody that didn't buy the Stimulus Pack (or is even that good at CoD), I think the rather overpriced Resurgence Pack is worth it in the end...the Stimulus (played it at my friend's house), not so much.

Definitely. All 3 maps in the Resurgence Map pack are great, and honestly, when I first heard of the Stimulus map pack I was like "when would they bring back Strike, an amazing map."

Still, the game is just dying (or has died) and it's not as enjoyable as CoD4 was. I wonder what Black Ops will bring to win the CoD fans back. I'm just sticking to Halo 1 for now (the best of the series).

I really want to buy Blur, since the demo was crazy fun. It's just amazing, and no doubt one of the best games out right now.

Finally got Batman: Arkham Asylum out of Blockbusters - it is pretty much as good as they say. Reminds me of why I loved the Metal Gear Solid series, only without the fiddly bits.

Also, still playing Just Cause 2, which is starting to approach infuriating, but still good. Currently waiting on Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Lego Harry Potter.