TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

The girl at the Dinostore in front of Dinosaurs Alive said that CP will not get a new coaster when I asked her about the leaked memo - she practically cut me off mid-sentence.

But, hey, it's not like she works at Dippin' Dots!

Yeah, because it's not like CF doesn't leak 25,000,000$ deals to it's Dippin' Dot's vendors.

She was probably tired of hearing about it for the millionth time.

• Replies 49.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Check out this amazing photo compliments of Dave Morgan!! 

I feel bad because this is all I post about lately but no... if a park has the ability to open and there's demand and they choose to stay closed then they're dumb. Period. Be creative and figure it ou

Did they happen to mention how heavy that train is?

Posted Images

I was there twice this week (Monday and Thursday) and the longest wait between the two days was 30 minutes for Maverick. I would expect that the wait for the big rides would probably be in the 20-45 minute range depending on time of day. By the end of the night the waits should be minimal. I got on Dragster twice in 30 minutes on thursday towards the end of the night. The line was barely out of the station.

It was a different story on Wednesday. Maverick constantly had an 1 and a 1/2 hour line, same with Millennium Force, and Dragster had at least an hour wait. Thank god I had Fast Lane.

Took my youngest son (10) to the Point on Thursday. I thought Mean Streak was running the best I've felt it run in years. I think this made it actually an okay-ish ride. Still not great, but better than many I've rode. Blue Streak seemed extra phenomenal this year. Magnum was stellar as usual. Didn't get to ride Millennium as my son passed twice on that one and I didn't push him.

Anyways, report to come soon. Just figured I would share this picture I shot on my way out of the park.

1626692505_HDRCedarPoint2012-06-14at20-25-17.jpg.24063836dd24379ba53b29ffb402aeb7.jpg

^ Nice picture. I love Blue Streak. It looks beautiful now with it's new paint job. I'll be there for Coastermania week. It's my favorite ride at the Point.

I've got nothing good to say about Mean Streak. It ran it's best after our meeting last year during evening Coastermania ERT. They (management) begged us to ride it, so I did. It was ride-able that Friday night. Saturday it wasn't running all day. I guess we broke it. I rode it on Sunday and it was back to being shitty. Big surprise there...

-Loose article bins are located on all rides that don't have separate loading and unloading (I believe only Dragster and Millennium have separate loading and unloading).

-When entering early you shouldn't have any sort of issue doing both before the park opens, especially since you will be there on a weekday.

-Again, since it's a weekday you shouldn't have any issue. I was there twice this week (Monday and Thursday) and the longest wait between the two days was 30 minutes for Maverick. I would expect that the wait for the big rides would probably be in the 20-45 minute range depending on time of day. By the end of the night the waits should be minimal. I got on Dragster twice in 30 minutes on thursday towards the end of the night. The line was barely out of the station.

-Millennium's drop in the back is magic. The front offers an amazing view though. I'd suggest doing both. Maverick is also pretty awesome in the back. Raptor in the front is great as well. Wicked Twister should also be done in both the very front and back. The difference between the spikes is pretty drastic.

-Haven't done the ride nights yet so unable to help with that one.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks for the response and tips. I'm definitely looking forward to visiting and seeing what changes the park has made since they've taken a few years off from coasters and have focused on the other things...

(I believe only Dragster and Millennium have separate loading and unloading).

Also Disaster Transport and Wildca....oh wait.

Spent last Wednesday and Thursday at the park. Stayed in BreakersEx and had Fast Lane both days. Well worth it. Maverick was great usual.

4.jpg.116c18dc968938d1d771f0f8742e5750.jpg

Didn't get a chance to do this, nor did we really want to...

16.thumb.jpg.c8d5ef2bc30e194fc79b417aa120c32d.jpg

Fast Lane was amazing! Seriously we were skipping 1+ hour lines, waiting one to two trains. It worked especially well on MF and Maverick, dumping you directly into the station. Raptor, TTD, Magnum all had merge points that still only resulted in 10-15 minute waits. Gemini's was a bit odd, definitely not ADA, but it cut the wait quite nicely. If you don't get this on your next visit to CP, you're crazy!

17.jpg.c7436d3ca8df505c6153cc62b55e9cc2.jpg

MF's new lights looked outstanding. Sorry about the light pole, this is a friend's photo.

1.jpg.e8674f7b9b0371b6973955c996a5c53e.jpg

One of the things we were most looking forward to on the trip was Luminosity! Here's an overview of the main stage area.

13.jpg.425a654a4ca48ee9a176d0f5444eca2c.jpg

As you can see, we came dressed for the occasion. Thanks Goodwill!

2.thumb.jpg.b419f70d6cd2a31c8eba32d46628e712.jpg

Here is the control booth. Flames, lasers, and Fireworks shoot out of the top of this. It was a bit odd though that they placed the drink stand behind it, way out of the way.

3.thumb.jpg.575834187ed3dfe5bb4277c92c4adddc.jpg

One of the four screens they had set up. More lasers and fire.

8.thumb.jpg.84779fdfcaac5144589b7071cc141937.jpg

PT's lights looked great in the background.

7.jpg.67af51ae86c0c3fec343b17e48a13dca.jpg

Things got pretty crazy!

12.jpg.c0a5d44203743b9cdc76af0f9a9a3684.jpg

The dancers were very talented.

9.jpg.70f4d33522772e014a22e662fc44661a.jpg

The male lead singer had a very Adam Levine style to him.

10.jpg.6c921df06de74f995c3745ff2de3282a.jpg

The female lead had a good soul sound to her. She was able to decently handle a few Adele songs.

18.jpg.45e49e100f1641c4aa56946cf47a2228.jpg

The show ended with a bang, no really, there were lots of fireworks!

6.jpg.547a7868b4ffb2038b5b2ba55de8ac01.jpg

Then the stage opened ana a DJ started rising...

14.jpg.3e288f6e7d376372b4c635ecd59d4449.jpg

He continued to rise, to about 20 feet in the air. This started the dance party that lasted until about 10:45. Much fun was had by all.

1656853916_VFZRoadTrip.jpg.7eefa058e23946873e018be698b4e799.jpg

We got a shout out on the screens! #YOLO

2021754957_HotDog.jpg.384c392c288dedfa612bceb1fca1b1c4.jpg

In other news, I paid $9 for this.

15.jpg.ec460e4e572259c835cafdd48e7ae2df.jpg

Pink's is another great addition, although the employees were a bit meh. Check it out on your next visit!

CWCoasterboy and I are heading down to Cedar Point for Thursday evening and all day Friday. We've already purchased our Fast Lane passes! Just a quick question about Luminosity... Where's the best viewing spot and how early should we get there to beat the crowd? I've also heard very mixed reviews of the show. Any thoughts from regulars that have seen it?

Well, front and center is nice, right up against the stage because then you are surrounded by everything. Id say 30 minutes early, maybe more if the park is busy.

If you're going two nights one night try to sit down on Dragster right near 10 o'clock. We got lucky and we ended up looking down on the fireworks from the top of the tower, a very unusual experience, but a great way to end the night.

Well, front and center is nice, right up against the stage because then you are surrounded by everything. Id say 30 minutes early, maybe more if the park is busy.

I noticed new bleachers sitting in Wildcat's old spot when I last visited. Not to far away, and you can see over all the peeps. Seems you'd get a good view from up there.

^ That's actually pretty funny! It looks like (most of) the employees had fun doing it too!

After visiting Cedar Point this Tuesday and Wednesday, I can say that they have some of the best ride ops I've ever seen...

the food/souvenir stand employees are a complete different story though!

I appreciate that they tried to do something different to market the event...but OMG that was amateurish for a major company. I've seen better lip dubs done by individuals in their home!

^Oh come on, it wasn't this giant production done by some advertising firm. It's some employees having a good time. It's meant to be a fun way of letting people know that she'll be doing a concert there in a casual manner. It works well and is fun to watch, the point of it.

It was pretty lame, but I have to give them credit for the effort. I can't say I've seen too many other parks get so many of their employees involved in something like that.

Edited by ernierocker
. Singing every morning = happy employees.

Funny you'd mention that. One of the Seabreeze Waterpark managers used to make someone (or a group of people) sing before we'd open the park for the day. It was usually good for a laugh and started the day on a positive note.

^^ I've actually had some "almost" ejector/strong floater airtime in the very front, especially on the third hill. Front is best also in my opinion as it rides smoother and gives better views.

Just got 10 rides in on Millennium Force Tuesday and Wednesday, I was quite surprised by the air... I think part of the reason it was providing a great amount of floater air was due to the 90+ degree temperatures, but because of that it increased Millennium Force to my number 2 spot. The ride really delivered when I was there (although there was more of a rattle than I remembered/heard about recently). Don't be expecting the wild Intimidator 305 throwing you all over the place "air", but more of a forceful floater air. The rides are 2 complete different experiences, but 2 amazing rides that easily blow B&M's out of the water in my opinion (haven't gotten to Leviathan yet though).