TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I think the plant is getting smarter. No one has gotten a single peak at the tags on these pieces.

Who ever took the pictures was on the public road. To get a picture of the tags, they would need to trespass onto the property.

I think the plant is getting smarter. No one has gotten a single peak at the tags on these pieces.

Who ever took the pictures was on the public road. To get a picture of the tags, they would need to trespass onto the property.

You mean like they've done for damn near every other coaster to be made in the plant?

If this ends up going to Cedar Point I think it's going to look great. Even though it's orange. . . And there are "way to many coasters at Cedar Point that are the same color" . . . It's going to be a great addition to the parks skyline, and the track is so large that it is unique enough for it to stand out from the other coasters there.

No one complained we SheiKra was built even though it is a similar color to Scorpion. Just saying.

With the color scheme comment, he's just referring to the fact that Gatekeeper, Millennium Force, Corkscrew, and Blue Streak have relatively similar color schemes, as do Maverick, Iron Dragon, Top Thrill Dragster, and Magnum. By my count, that's 4 blue and 4 red.

How dare you forget Pipe Scream

I'll call that a coaster when Bieber comes out

You mean like they've done for damn near every other coaster to be made in the plant?

Yes. Trespassing isn't a new thing at the factory.

If this ends up going to Cedar Point I think it's going to look great. Even though it's orange. . . And there are "way to many coasters at Cedar Point that are the same color" . . . It's going to be a great addition to the parks skyline, and the track is so large that it is unique enough for it to stand out from the other coasters there.

No one complained we SheiKra was built even though it is a similar color to Scorpion. Just saying.

With the color scheme comment, he's just referring to the fact that Gatekeeper, Millennium Force, Corkscrew, and Blue Streak have relatively similar color schemes, as do Maverick, Iron Dragon, Top Thrill Dragster, and Magnum. By my count, that's 4 blue and 4 red.

Lord we can only hope!

Lord we can only hope!

Kind of a Pipe Scream-Bieber paradox. With PS, we know its not s coaster, but a lot of people think it is. With JB, we know he IS, but everyone thinks he isnt.

This is kinda out of the blue but I'm planning on going to Cedar Point this August, and I was wondering if you all had any recommendations (best seats to ride in, which rides to go on first, etc.) because I would like to get the most out of my visit there. I will be staying for two days. Thanks! I can't wait to go!

This is kinda out of the blue but I'm planning on going to Cedar Point this August, and I was wondering if you all had any recommendations (best seats to ride in, which rides to go on first, etc.) because I would like to get the most out of my visit there. I will be staying for two days. Thanks! I can't wait to go!

Millennium Force, Top Thrill Dragster, Raptor and Gatekeeper are all best in the front seat. Magnum is best in the back car, row 2. For all the other roller coasters it doesn't matter as much where you sit.

Also, don't miss out on Blue Streak. It's Cedar Point's true hidden gem that is one heck of an airtime machine for its size.

The thing I love about Cedar Point is that other than Mean Streak, there is not one coaster in the whole park that isn't at least fairly enjoyable. It really is one of if not the best coaster collections in the U.S.

As far as strategy goes, Maverick has one of the lowest capacities in the park, so go to the back entrance next to soak city on one of your days and hit that first. Don't worry about hitting Raptor, Gatekeeper, or Wicked Twister until late in your days, as most people ride these first since they're right at the front gate.

One more thing. Take some time to enjoy the little details of the park like the fort on the frontier trail and the town hall museum in frontier town. There's a bunch of great CP memorabilia in there to check out.

If you have a platinum pass, take advantage of the early entry rides as well!

Hope you have a great trip!

yall are complaining about it being close to Rougarou and some colour orange.. HASN'T ANYONE STOPPED TO THINK HMMM MAYBE A NEW THEMED AREA BACK THERE? DARK MYTHICAL CREATURES?

Actually, I pointed that out a oong time ago (as in when the rumored location first surfaced). But I am starting to question why they would both be the same color if it is a themed area with two entirely different creatures.

Thank you so much for the advice! This will be my second time going and I will be staying at one of the early entry in-park hotels (I started an annual tradition of going to Cedar Point that I hope to continue for many years to come) and the reason why I'm asking is I didn't do my last trip very well (I missed Wicked Twister, Maxair, Cedar Creek Mine ride, and I didn't bring enough souvenir money ) Thank you so much again for the advice! I hope to come work there once I'm old enough to stay at the dorms (Valleyfair is a great place to work at don't worry, I just want to try working at CP once.)

I still say orange would be the perfect color for a dive coaster themed to the giant, mythical bird Ziz, to complete the trio of Hebrew beasts at Canada's Wonderland!

But hey, we'll all be just as happy with a new Pirate themed dark ride/coaster, right?!

I don't really care what color it is as long as it rides like the two recent cedar fair masterpiece B&Ms. hydra aside I've never had the hatred others have had for B&Ms in the last 10 or so years but Banshee and Fury are definitely a cut above the rest.

I've only been on griffin (which I enjoyed) but it seems like most of the layouts of dive machines (over 200 feet) are somewhat similar so hopefully Cedar Point comes up with something that differentiate itself from the rest. At the very least it not Intamin.

I'll never understand why people would hate a B&M... They are fabulous coasters, and we as a society of amusement park goers (enthusiasts and non-enthusiasts alike) should feel blessed that they exist, and that we're not stuck with old Arrow coasters, rough Vekoma clones, and Togo Death Machines! Yeah, Intamins are awesome in their own way (when they're not experiencing downtime), but it's not like in order to appreciate them, you have to "hate" B&M, or call them "forceless." It almost feels like those similarly inane D.C. vs. Marvel arguments that fanboys of one or the other are always engaging in! Can't we all just like them both and get along?!

^Adding to that, it's not like Intamin doesn't have a Few coasters people might deem "force-less" themselves *cough*MF*cough*

Yeah, but calling MF "forceless" is the height of absurdity! I think anybody saying that needs to go re-take physics class to understand what "force", actually is!

^Adding to that, it's not like Intamin doesn't have a Few coasters people might deem "force-less" themselves *cough*MF*cough*

Yeah.... no. As somebody who has greyed out on the majority of my rides on MF, "Millennium Forceless" is one of the dumbest nicknames for a coaster that I have ever heard of. In no way is MF "forceless", at all. Wikipedia claims that it pulls 4.5 Gs, which I would guess is a low estimate. The Batman clones supposedly pull 4.9 and Boomerangs supposedly pull 5.2 (that sounds like BS to me, though), I never grey out on those. I would assume MF actually pulls up to 5 Gs at the very least.

Yeah.... no. As somebody who has greyed out on the majority of my rides on MF, "Millennium Forceless" is one of the dumbest nicknames for a coaster that I have ever heard of. In no way is MF "forceless", at all. Wikipedia claims that it pulls 4.5 Gs, which I would guess is a low estimate. The Batman clones supposedly pull 4.9 and Boomerangs supposedly pull 5.2 (that sounds like BS to me, though), I never grey out on those. I would assume MF actually pulls up to 5 Gs at the very least.

SLC's allegedly pull 4.5 as well. And on a good day, Thunderhawk at Michigan's Adventure can give me a bit of tunnel vision. But not near the extent that MF does. So yeah I'd have to say 4.5 is probably somewhat of a low estimate for MF. Anyone who says it is forceless has never ridden it, plain and simple.

"Millennium Forceless" is one of the dumbest nicknames for a coaster that I have ever heard of. In no way is MF "forceless", at all.

Anyone who says it [MF] is forceless has never ridden it, plain and simple.

It's nice to see that I am not alone in thinking that nickname, and frankly, the whole line of thought that goes with it, is one of the dumbest things I've encountered in "coaster enthusiast" circles! I've ridden MF with a TON of non-enthusiasts over the years, and to a man, "forceless" is the LAST way they would describe the experience! I love my coaster enthusiast friends, but we still have to have words whenever they bring that nonesense up!

^

Odd question: Are rides at the park down often, within the same day?

We went back in June, and Maverick was down four times within the time we were in the back of the park. Windseeker had shut down (doesn't surprise me that much with it being by the lake), Raptor was down, Mean Streak was down, Wicked Twister opened late, and TTD was down for a little because of a rollback. Magnum was on-and-off all day too: but from what I've heard its kinda common.

Does this happen often? Or was this just a bad day?