TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

When I go to Soak City I don't usually go to the wave pool, but I did this weekend. Does anyone else think the waves could be a little bit stronger? You can go to bunker beach and see bigger waves, it actually makes renting a tube worthwhile.

I wish they were bigger as well, but I think it is a safety concern with so many people in the pool and not knowing how many are strong swimmers (or swimmers at all). The lifeguards with the most seniority work the wave pool because the safety concern is the highest of all of the Soak City rides.

Is Mean Streak closed rest of the season?

Much to everyone's delight, Mean Streak is currently streaking through it's 25th season of continued greatness and is open daily for your riding pleasure.

Only a masochist would call riding Mean Streak a pleasure. Biggest piece of garbage at CP. Let's hope the rumors are true that it will be done operating soon so the park can get something worth riding.

:lol: I sincerely apologize to the internet police for ruining your beloved thread by having fun. I'll let you get back to talking about proposed inverted coaster layouts for the 2017 addition that's never coming.

Haha, seriously though! How long can that rumor live? It has to be almost 15 years old already! I remember when Steel Venom was announced, people were boycotting Valleyfair because it wasn't a B&M Invert!

It's pretty obvious to me that the water park and new access/parking lot project will dominate any larger capital investments in the near future. We should just be hopeful that those investments do well so large investments can be made in a couple quality coasters 2020+!!!

:lol: I sincerely apologize to the internet police for ruining your beloved thread by having fun. I'll let you get back to talking about proposed inverted coaster layouts for the 2017 addition that's never coming.

You forgot to name drop the park's GM's name. That's very pertinent in making it look like you have insider information

I was looking online for construction photos from Wild Thing when I came across this users blog about Valley Fair. He/She was posting updates all the way up until 2009. It was pretty interesting to look through. Below is the link for a post before Renegade was announced. The post contains speculation about a wooden coaster or an invert, check it out if you have the time! There were other updates you can check out as well.

https://www.twistermc.com/34332/inverted-wooden-2007/

You forgot to name drop the park's GM's name. That's very pertinent in making it look like you have insider information

Just got back from Valleyfair and did Soak City and all. Unless you want to leave your stuff left behind, I can't recommend enough buying one of the orange key fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo located right outside of the park for 75 cents. They save you $14.25...

75 cent lockers? Where? if they moved them, I'd love to know where. Otherwise, they've killed them for 2016 like Kenny on South Park.

To phrase it kindly. If they want $15 from me for a locker rental? They'd better post up a couple more looping coasters and a half-dozen more waterslides. For (bleep)'s sake, I paid less for a large locker at Dollywood--and they've got CINNAMON BREAD. Oh right--a B&M flyer too. Was there a multi-lift looping Gerstlauer to boot? Maybe. Where was I? Right! CINNAMON BREAD.

To phrase it kindly. If they want $15 from me for a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo rental? They'd better post up a couple more looping coasters and a half-dozen more waterslides. For (bleep)'s sake, I paid less for a large fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo at Dollywood--and they've got CINNAMON BREAD. Oh right--a B&M flyer too. Was there a multi-lift looping Gerstlauer to boot? Maybe. Where was I? Right! CINNAMON BREAD.

I can'tbelieve Dollywood has a flyer and they don't even advertise it But don't let facts get in your way of constent VF and cedar fair complaining.

My fault, wing coaster. Tho Wild Eagle's layout doesn't utilize the trains very well. It could just as well be a floorless or an invert. Semantics aside, it's still worth paying $11 to secure your valuables at a park with more to offer. Actually, VF's $15 renter will cost you $8.

And if a CF park isn't up to snuff, guess what...? That's not my problem. It's theirs. I'll spend my money where and when I please.

Alright, lay off of the dude. The joke is getting stale

Anyone else think that Wild Thing could use a better ride sign? Right now it's just the ride name on the station with a big old billboard for Fast Lane in front of it. If it would be done, my guess is when a new flat is added in the old Tilter spot.

Alright, lay off of the dude. The joke is getting stale

No, he knows what he's talking about. He's an expert in making it look like he has insider information.

Anyone else think that Wild Thing could use a better ride sign? Right now it's just the ride name on the station with a big old billboard for Fast Lane in front of it. If it would be done, my guess is when a new flat is added in the old Tilter spot.

It wouldn't hurt considering it is the top coaster in the park for ridership every year. I still can't believe Northern Lights has no sign at all when Pipe Scream has one at CP. Oh wait, VF is the red headed step child of the CF chain and not worthy. I keep forgetting that.

It wouldn't hurt considering it is the top coaster in the park for ridership every year. I still can't believe Northern Lights has no sign at all when Pipe Scream has one at CP. Oh wait, VF is the red headed step child of the CF chain and not worthy. I keep forgetting that.

Can we trash the word filters? It's not funny, it just makes it hard to figure out what people are trying to post.

Easily one of the best things on this forum, I always think its hilarious I guess because I know them all now.

I vote for MOAR WORD FILTERS !!