TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New shuttle coaster for Conny Land for 2007

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As usual, Pax manages to take a simple, common idea -- a looping shuttle coaster, in this case -- and screw it up completely. I don't mean that in a negative sense, though. After all, their interpretation of a kiddie coaster (Wild Train in its various incarnations) seems to have turned out pretty well from what I've heard, although perhaps not in the way the designers intended, and this, along with most of the rest of Pax's coasters, looks like it will have some nice ejector airtime at the very least, not to mention those beyond-vertical back and front (!) spikes.

The track system does look interesting. Does anyone know if Pax has used that particular design for any of their other coasters, or if it's unique to this one? Also, did anyone else notice how the supports connect to the track on either side instead of at the bottom?

• 2 months later...

so are new photos form this crazy PAX shuttle coaster thingy... i found it on http://freizeitparkweb.de/cgi-bin/dcf/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=5742&forum=DCForumID4&viewmode=all from the users "ECS" and "Puffi":

wacky loop... hope they will add more supports soon

they way back to the station:

they improvise a lot (PAX-style):

and the user "ECS" showed two pictures about the other new ride for 2009 - the Splashbattle-Rafting "Voodoo Island":

^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^

Now I just need to hurry and get there when its done before a car hits a support in the parking lot takes out 1/2 the ride!

But no really, looks like an awesome ride! Can't wait to see the finished product, especially the part that hangs you upside down over the loop!

ROBB... in a survey you mentioned a SMALL parks of Europe trip in 2011 or so...would this be a possible small park you think?

Holy crap! I seriously think the engineers at PAX need to stop smoking crack...

My thoughts exactly. Look at how quickly the track slopes up after the loop. Is it just me or does it look like that slope will cause insane pain?

Holy freakin' crap! By the way, weren't the Pax Wild Train notorious for some insane ejector air for a kiddie coaster?

Having been on Wild Train @ Erlebnispark Strasswalchen I can confirm that. That ride has some of the craziest ejector air I have ever experienced. It really is quite violent, but I totally loved it. I rode it almost 40 times in a day and left the park with some major bruises on my thighs.

• 1 month later...
Holy freakin' crap! By the way, weren't the Pax Wild Train notorious for some insane ejector air for a kiddie coaster?

Having been on Wild Train @ Erlebnispark Strasswalchen I can confirm that. That ride has some of the craziest ejector air I have ever experienced. It really is quite violent, but I totally loved it. I rode it almost 40 times in a day and left the park with some major bruises on my thighs.

That's insane! Is their a certain seat, or it's no matter where you sit, there's going to be ejector air?

The ride is named Cobra? Why would they name it that???

I NEED EXPLANATIONS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

--James

There will be a sequel to the movie "snakes on a plane" filmed on it..."Snakes on a train." PAX has engineered snake holes to open up in specific times throughout the ride, while throwing real snakes at riders, in order to add special effects. Of course, everyone should wait to ride it about a year after it is built due to the fact that this high tech stuff and if you ride first year, the snake holes may not open on your seat, ruining the effect. in addition, the snakes may not be trained properly, so you may not be bitten correctly.

However I think the ride should be great! After all, it is made by the russians, the same people who brought you the technology of things like Chernobyl!