TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst/Longest/Slowest Line you ever waited in!

I've had a few go up to 1/5-2 hours, but don't think I've gone over 2 yet (even Saw when someone was sick on the ride!)

Had a few days when you could barely move around a park though - namely one at portaventura (which reminds me - I did have a 2.5hour q for baco) and one at heide park- when queues for drinks where about 15 minutes!!

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3.5 hrs in the cold, dark night waiting for X during its opening summer.

On the other hand, we only waited 15 minutes for TTD during opening season... (saw a test shot right when we happened to be walking by the gate, so we jumped in line and BOOM)

So was 3.5 hours really worth it? well yeah! it was

X's opening summer was a disaster. Wouldn't open 'til noon every day and when it did open it'd have a 3 hour wait. Summer of 2001 it seemed like Deja Vu and X were never both open on the same day. If I got to the park and X was closed, you could pretty much guarantee Deja was open.

X's opening summer was a disaster. Wouldn't open 'til noon every day and when it did open it'd have a 3 hour wait. Summer of 2001 it seemed like Deja Vu and X were never both open on the same day. If I got to the park and X was closed, you could pretty much guarantee Deja was open.

That's funny, cause I remember being pissed at how much was closed that day, including Deja Vu. But riding the brand new X made it worth it!

3 hours for the Incredible Hulk. I picked the day when every single Floridian school had their senior trips. It was worth it though, the Hulk is easily in my top ten, the first half is so incredible it makes up for the second half.

• 2 months later...

Recently the worst and longest was Radiator Springs Racers at California Adventure. Didn't get Fastpasses but was determined to ride a couple days after opening, and a 150 minute wait turned into 180 because the ride broke down halfway through the line. Some people had seemed pretty impressed with the queue buildings in reviews (the garage, the bottle house, etc.), but after sitting in them for an hour or two, I quickly stopped enjoying them. I think what got me with the line is that you're herded like cattle for a majority of it in 3 pretty much identical queue rooms. After you go past the trestle bridge, it's basically one big concrete field of people going up the Fastpass line, single rider line, and waiting in standby. It all seemed so cramped and almost claustrophobic.

With all the things they installed for Cars Land and all the room they built it on, it would have been nice to just walk in a single path towards the station of the ride like Splash Mountain or Indianna Jones. Have the queue go around the rocks and near the track or the waterfall. But instead with a lot of switchbacks, the line kinda seemed like an afterthought.

Needless to say I'll never wait in that line again unless it's less than 60 minutes.

Went to Thorpe Park yesterday. The line for the Swarm didn't seem very long despite the sign saying 90 minutes queue time, until we realised they'd extended it out the back. To make matters worse, they were only running ONE FREAKING TRAIN on an incredibly busy day. I went to Thorpe Park a couple of weeks ago on a quiet day and they were running two trains then, so why the hell can't they run two on a busy day? All other rides were running full capacity, Saw had 8 cars on the track, Nemesis Inferno, Stealth and Colossus all had two trains. But not the newest and possibly most popular ride in the park.

Long story short the line ended up being over 2 hours.

Went to Thorpe Park yesterday. The line for the Swarm didn't seem very long despite the sign saying 90 minutes queue time, until we realised they'd extended it out the back. To make matters worse, they were only running ONE FREAKING TRAIN on an incredibly busy day. I went to Thorpe Park a couple of weeks ago on a quiet day and they were running two trains then, so why the hell can't they run two on a busy day? All other rides were running full capacity, Saw had 8 cars on the track, Nemesis Inferno, Stealth and Colossus all had two trains. But not the newest and possibly most popular ride in the park.

Long story short the line ended up being over 2 hours.

They were probably "saving electricity" - that's the one I keep hearing when people ask why swarm is only on 1 train!

I have to go with Eejanika at Fuji Q in 2007. Roughly three-and-a-half hours to ride a simulator of what it's like to be rolled down a hill in a trash can.

But I hear the ride has been improved somewhat since then.

Earlier this year both Nitro and Green Lantern had three hour waits (during the parks spring break event), because they both were running only one train.

My wait for Green Lantern was also three hours last summer, but the ride broke down a couple of times and the ride operators weren't as efficient as they could have been - leaving many seats vacant when there was a long line of single riders.

I was expecting something a little different than Mantis because of the reviews I had read online, but they delivered the exact same ride - painful leg pressure and just plain ol' boring B&M stand-upness. I might be the only one who prefers the quirky Togo prototype stand-ups over B&Ms.

For me the worst lines were anything at Cedar Point 3+ hours on the big ones. Gemini was one of few coasters I rode there that kept the lines moving. I've been to the Point at least 4 times in my life and got a good ride on "Line:The Ride."

I wish I was making this story up, but yeah. Waited 9 hours for Batwing and didn't even get to ride.

That is unlucky.

I can't remember a long line necessarily, but Batman SFOG's line absolutely SUCKED! It wasn't too long but there was zero air conditioning. I was practically (and literally) sweating bullets. I'm also pretty sure most of the other Batmans have lines this bad.