TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I'm sure SFMM would find a way to do it, but is that Kids coaster area big enough for a Dive Machine station, i can imagine, something like that they wouldn't want to hide and show off some of it to begin. The GP could easily get confused and be like "LIERS!"

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

I'm sure SFMM would find a way to do it, but is that Kids coaster area big enough for a Dive Machine station, i can imagine, something like that they wouldn't want to hide and show off some of it to begin. The GP could easily get confused and be like "LIERS!"

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

What is going on in this thread! Its being taken over by crazies that don't speak English! LOL

I know nothing specific has been released, but what are we expecting at Knott's next year? Something epic? Some sort of giant Intamin apparatus?

I'll be honest, I think I'd rather see the Texas Giant treatment given to Colossus (if its successful out there) along with a sweet drop ride before a humongous new coaster capital expenditure. 'Most' is great, but 'best' collection is achievable at this park now.

...admittedly an Intamin Giga along the back would complement the skyline quite nicely me thinks.

edit: clarity

At least this way it will be more clear when the cars don't go very high. Hopefully they will hit the red!!!

Has the car ever went that high up the tower where it's painted red?

Everytime I've seen the ride run it's doesn't seam to going any higher then what's been painted blue, if they fix the system and it does hit the red then that's is going to be one HELL! of a drop.

Also I know there are brakes up there has the car ever hit them? and if the car was to ever reach those brakes what happens?

^The car hit those brakes (or got close very close to hitting them) back in 1996 when the ride was open to season pass holders. This was when the ride was actually hitting 100+ MPH. Shortly after because of the frequent downtime at the 100MPH speed, the ride was slowed to decrease the amount of break downs, and in 1997 the ride was lucky to see speeds in excess of 85MPH. In fact, the way the ride was run before it closed, I believe Goliath was the fastest ride in the park, often going over the 85 MPH mark.

Here's a photo of them both racing and getting close to the brakes. The photo under it shows where the red paint stops.

The brakes at the top are not conventional style "grab" brakes, they're only magnets. If the train were to hit the brakes (magnets) at the top, it would just slow the car so it doesn't hit the top of the tower and it would just coast back down the tower normally. You probably wouldn't even be aware of it if you were riding. However, having such a large set of them is rather redundant, the car will probably never get up that high unless a major overhaul improves the launch.

If you've ever been on a ride shutdown during a Superman The Escape cycle the magnets that launch you shut off and you find yourself behind the station--you're quickly braked to a hault. Those magnetic brakes back there are the same as the ones on the top of the tower.