TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^ Yup. It looked nice. Now to hope (all the things we hope the park will do, but we just accept that they will never happen) that those old trains can come back. Those Morgan trains on Colossus are honestly part of the reason for the demise of that coaster. They're horrible

http://database.thrillnetwork.com/dbgallery/photo_view.php/1560/six_flags_magic_mountain/colossus_left1785.htm

really nice TR. I'm glad there cleaning up the place. When I went way back in 2004 it was a mess. I had the chance to take one ride on Phyclone and thought it was ok. about a 4/10. I never got to ride flashback but from what i've heard I'm glad I didn't So I've heard a little kid area will take the place of phyclone and or Flashback. Is this true or just a rumor?

^ No, the track was red too, which I already confirmed two or three posts above yours. I think you might have read that person's message not knowing there was another thread page following it.

What year was that picture in your post from?

-and-

Are those the original trains?

I know this is a little off topic but...

On one of my past trips to SFMM, I noticed the "junk yard" under batman.

Why dont they fix that up a little? I know its not supposed to look nice, but seriously, it looks terrible. The original batman at SFGAm has an amazing set up. The cop car that they have there supposedly ran into a fire hiedrant and the fire hydrant has water bubbling up from it. Thats cool scenery. Why doesnt SFMM's Batman have that? (I tried to find some pictures, but no one wants to take a picture of that dump under MM's Batman)

I commented on this earlier (Batmans "Junk")

As Wes said...Its SUPPOSED to look like Garbage. Its Gotham City..what do you expect?

But I can see the reasoning in having...per-say..."Nice" Junk? Some stuff DOES need some repainting..and fixing (Like the Fire Hydrant). But from what people have said on here...the fan got fixed, and the "sounds" are back in the line. So that's a good sign! Give it time, they re getting this park into shape.

I mean, from what Jahan said, Riddler's Station seemed to be getting some much needed attention..so I dont see Batmans upgrade to be too far away..but it IS SFMM after all...:/

-Ryan

I think they need to fix the way Riddler's line works. When you get to the top of the stairs, it's just this giant mob of people, going randomly into lines for the rows.

-Mike

I hope that's really low on their priority list! Its not THAT bad...but i can see it being pretty awful on a packed day. But I think they normally have an employee guiding people to their rows.

^ On packed or very hot days majors like Riddlers usually does have a few crew members being groupers/bouncers at selected locations. I'm sure Jahan could go into more detail about it, but I'd just guess that at Riddlers its more of an issue on how hot it is inside the station rather than how crowded it gets if the weather is cool.

_six