TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

i agree with if u cant keep them up, so why not us demand they do. well i guess it is all a matter of opinion. personally i really dont like cedar point. it is just a big blob of concrete but i dont think that it should be closed down or any rides removed. magic mountain is just a nice place to me. i ws there 2 yrs ago and didnt see any of the problems that u all are speaking of. the only coaster that i had to wait a long time for was X and that was because it had mechanical problems for about 20 mins but i was able to ride everything more than once in 10 hrs, the only problem i saw was the ride ops being lazy but tearing a coaster down isnt gonna fix that it is management and supposedly we have that and things willl change but the last time i was at cedar point the load times were terrible also. i look forward to a coaster addition to any park i go to but i am a coaster enthusiast. i am the person who skips the other rides and just ride coasters so a day at a park with 17 coasters is just plain wonderful for someone like me. i just dont know who made the rule up that 17 coasters r too many. in 30 more yrs most parks will have over 20 because u add coaster at least every 2 yrs. i am a junkie and once u ride a coaster more than 5 times at 300ft the thrill is lessened and u have to go bigger. i am sure that i am not the only one that feels this way. six flags closed my home park and i felt it was no big deal because i didnt go anyway becase astroworld was a kiddie park and before someone blasts me it is a kiddie park in comparison to magic mountain or cedar point, but i didnt want it torn down. thats all i am saying

I think its such a shocker to see such a big piece of history gone...well sorta. This is the first coaster Magic Mountain has removed since 1988 which was Shockwave, and it was IN THE EXACT SAME PLACE, and before that was Sarajevo Bobselds, in the exact same place...maybe that spot is just cursed. But I can't wait to see the Flashback dismantalation [is that a word?] process. But that picture was just eerie. R.I.P. Psyclone. lol This is, I Think, the first time I can say I've been on a coaster which no one else will be able to ride (if they haven't already)

almightyfire -

PLEASE read our Posting Rules. You post above had no capitalization, used far too much shorthand (like "u" as opposed to "you") and was overall just difficult for me to read (paragraphs are cool) so please shape up your future posts to make them legible for all.

anyways.. its GONE!!! OMG YES, ITS GONE!!

The thought or suggestion of a new roller coaster going into Magic Mountain makes me ill. Please don't do that ever again.

Maybe after the new Thomas & Friends and Wiggles World areas are secured; Metro becomes operational again; Colossus, Goldrusher and Batman get repainted, Cyclone Bay getting fixed up and renamed -- THEN start suggesting a new roller coaster...

Wow, that looks REALLY weird. (The first picture is now my desktop wallpaper).

I tried to go yesterday... can someone explain to me why, at 10 am, there were at least 50 cars backed up in all the parking lanes, which made it a half-hour wait to the stupid parking booth, which subsequently killed the battery on my husband's car from hitting the brake lights too much...anyways, WTF? I think that ends my "Let's go to SFMM on a Saturday" experiment.

Anyways... I hope they make good use of that land... like kraxleRIDAH said, I really don't think they should put another coaster there. Everything else needs to get fixed up first.

Good riddance, Psyclone! I only rode it once but it will always hold my title of Worst Coaster Ever!

This sucker was pulled down really quick! Clean up the park really good, and get some good eats in there and it should be a very enjoyable season. I'm pretty sure if they are going to take down Flashback they'd have to do it before Hurrican Harbor opens for the season.

Why is everyone so overly joyed with thie rides removal?

I rode Psyclone for the first time this summer and yes, I thought is was very rough, but I think some people are being a little too, happy, that the coaster has been torn down.

Don't get me wrong, everyone is entitled to their opinion and I have no problem with what people are saying.

However, even though everyone here knows that most likely its replacement will be nothing but a simple family section, I dont get why people are cheering. No one was ever forced to ride it.

-Andrew

I have a similar view...sort of. I know basically nobody liked Psyclone, but I still don't like dissing it, because it was once a decent coaster (from what I've heard) and we still got a chance to ride it and experience something "different". Apparently its been crap the past few years but i think it still deserved some respect. Goodbye Psyclone, and hello new kiddie section. We still haven't heard any rumors about what Flashback's ex-spot will/would/can be.

However, even though everyone here knows that most likely its replacement will be nothing but a simple family section, I dont get why people are cheering. No one was ever forced to ride it.

People are happy that a family section will probably replace Psyclone, because that is what the park really needs. And if a family section will help keep this park in operation then I Fully support Six Flags move to remove a less than spectacular roller coaster.

Psyclone would have ended up being a major money pit for Six Flags had they kept it. Bring on the new family area, get the park cleaned up, rides painted, some new flat rides, THEN get a new coaster.

Diana and I went out there today and saw the newly cleared land from atop the Sky Tower. What a beautiful sight!

Eric

^ Actually, Psyclone was the third coaster to occupy that spot.

First was the Sarajevo Bobsleds from 1984 to 1985 when it was moved to Six Flags Over Texas. Then they had the Shock Wave standup coaster from 1986 till 1988 when it was moved to Six Flags Great Adventure.

Then, in 1991, we got Psyclone. I do want to echo what a few have said. While most of us are celebrating Psyclone's demise, it really was a great ride in its first couple of years. However, the Northridge earthquake (1994) and too-heavy trains have battered the track over the years, making it the almost un-rideable coaster it became.

About this piece of land. I've heard a few people say that the ground there is not really that stable, but, then, that's just hearsay until someone can actually prove it.

Eric

Why is everyone so overly joyed with thie rides removal?

I rode Psyclone for the first time this summer and yes, I thought is was very rough, but I think some people are being a little too, happy, that the coaster has been torn down.

Don't get me wrong, everyone is entitled to their opinion and I have no problem with what people are saying.

-Andrew

The fact that they had to WAIT to send out a trains worth of people is ridiculous. I remember when I was last there over Christmas, we went up to the station to find people cheering. They wont let the train out unless you have 14 people on it.

The ride was a waste, at one time, it was good. As someone said (Sorry, don't remember who it was) It was a money pit for SFMM. To re-track and do all these other things to it is a total waste.

SFMM is making their park more family friendly..and I'm really happy to see the change. So i'm going to roll with it.

-Ryan