TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2218 - Wonder Woman Roller Coaster for 2022!

Nice report, John. Thanks for sharing.

all that food looks delicious too. . in particular the Peppermint Brownie (tho the Chicken and Waffle looks so moist and yummy too).

LOL. . Six Flags must have bought those walk-thru giant Ornament balls in Bulk. Fiesta, Tx has one too

Yup SFNE had a large red one last year. Definitely got a lot of attention as a photo spot. James Reid-Anderson was at SFNE checking out everything during the media day last year. Looks like Great Adventure added them this year too. SFMM looks great. Thanks for the report!

Interesting choice of words...

SF always has a huge "MSRP" on their passes that you NEVER have to pay...

I'd say that this is just an empty marketing threat. But you might see a ~$100-150 increase in the season FP rate come January. It will cost more, but still will be at a discounted rate compared to the "MSRP" of Season FP...

A Question.....about next year's new coaster.....

Is next year's new racing coaster at the Mountain, the newest mobius coaster, ever built in the USA?

I know of a couple over in Europe, one being the wooden racing coaster, Grand National, in Blackpool. And the wooden racing coaster, Montana Rusa, in La Feria Chapultepec Magico, Mexico, is a mobius, too.

How many mobius coasters are there still in the world and still operating? Thanks in advance for any answers.

A Question.....about next year's new coaster.....

Is next year's new racing coaster at the Mountain, the newest mobius coaster, ever built in the USA?

I know of a couple over in Europe, one being the wooden racing coaster, Grand National, in Blackpool. And the wooden racing coaster, Montana Rusa, in La Feria Chapultepec Magico, Mexico, is a mobius, too.

How many mobius coasters are there still in the world and still operating? Thanks in advance for any answers.

Though I question whether West Coast Racers could even be considered a mobius loop.

Screenshot.thumb.jpg.5020ed42c1ffba85396e258366721906.jpg

I found this for you.

^ Thanks! And it looks like I've only been on the two I mentioned before.

But I still thought the Racers was a mobius loop coaster? From the description

of the cycle, and the concept video shown, I was sure it was some kind of

mobius loop. A steel one, but still a mobius one.

^ Thanks! And it looks like I've only been on the two I mentioned before.

But I still thought the Racers was a mobius loop coaster? From the description

of the cycle, and the concept video shown, I was sure it was some kind of

mobius loop. A steel one, but still a mobius one.

West Coast Racers will operate exactly like Twisted Colossus where you ride both sides every ride, however whether it's mobius or not is debatable since you do not unload after riding one side. I've heard the term quasi-mobius thrown around, if you want to get technical lol

I've heard the term quasi-mobius thrown around, if you want to get technical lol

Yeah that's what RCDB calls it. The only other coaster not at SFMM that's in this category according to RCDB is some defunct ride that operated in the late 1800s. Of course that should be taken with a grain of salt, as RCDB's lists of rides in certain categories are rarely exhaustive.

I had some questions on the Flash Pass and from past experience, I know the page on the Six Flags sites is sometimes not up-to-date.

1) Was Superman taken off the Flash Pass at Magic Mountain? I remember it used to be one time only with Platinum, but I no longer even see Superman on the page.

2) Is the upcharge fee of $15 gone for X2?

3) Are X2, Full Throttle, and Twisted Colossus still one time only? After seeing that for Twisted Cyclone on the site and then discovering they allowed unlimited rides, I wanted to check.

4) Is CraZanity on the Flash Pass? I don't see it listed, but I saw a few posts mentioning they went up the exit.

I plan to gauge crowds before buying one, but these could impact my plan of attack.

I had some questions on the Flash Pass and from past experience, I know the page on the Six Flags sites is sometimes not up-to-date.

1) Was Superman taken off the Flash Pass at Magic Mountain? I remember it used to be one time only with Platinum, but I no longer even see Superman on the page.

2) Is the upcharge fee of $15 gone for X2?

3) Are X2, YOLOcoaster, and Twisted Colossus still one time only? After seeing that for Twisted Cyclone on the site and then discovering they allowed unlimited rides, I wanted to check.

4) Is CraZanity on the Flash Pass? I don't see it listed, but I saw a few posts mentioning they went up the exit.

I plan to gauge crowds before buying one, but these could impact my plan of attack.

I was at the park on Thanksgiving for the first time and got the Gold FP.

1) Superman was closed but also not on the Flashpass

2) There was no fee for X2

3) These are all sadly 1 time rides

4) CraZanity is on the Flash Pass and will most likely be needed depending on the crowds. It was pulling a 70 minute wait.

Thank you! I'm definitely leaning towards buying one since I go to SFMM so infrequently, but I'll gauge crowds before picking the level.

I don't think I've ever used a Flash Pass for Superman when it was included, but was it as awkward to get riders into the station? As much as I love the stations on the Batman the Ride clones, the merge point is really awkward and feels like you're going in through a doorway for employees.

Filled out the new rides survey for SFMM today. Anyone know if the dive coaster questions were asked for all the Six Flags surveys or just specific to Magic Mountain?

It was asked for sure in St. Louis.

I chose “Step 90-Degree Drop” (sic) for my most important element, and it showed a video of an RMC Raptor - complete with a quarry wall and everything.

0db0c6133a5dd455042667a87bbdff86.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Filled out the new rides survey for SFMM today. Anyone know if the dive coaster questions were asked for all the Six Flags surveys or just specific to Magic Mountain?

It was asked for sure in St. Louis.

I chose “Step 90-Degree Drop” (sic) for my most important element, and it showed a video of an RMC Raptor - complete with a quarry wall and everything.

0db0c6133a5dd455042667a87bbdff86.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is acually a picture of wonder woman golden lasso coaster at fiesta texas... I got one for fiesta with the ride in question being a mack rides splash coaster thing