TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I know Jay Thomas has already mentioned the return of this system. It will be known as, correct me if im wrong, "Six Flags TV". It will broadcast a bunch of cool stuff! Something along the lines of commercials, shows, music videos, etc! It should be a cool thing to watch while waiting in line throughout the park.

Couldn't they use this same TV system to broadcast current ride/line status similar to the electronic signs that Universal and Disney have? It would be rather useful to be able to see how the long the line is at a ride while waiting in line for another or to be able to check if Sky Tower is open while in line for something else. It doesn't seem like it would carry any real extra cost and would benefit guests substantially.

I am wondering... .Has the tunnel for X2 been constructed yet?

Was the SFMM spokesperson ever quoted saying anything about tunnels for X2?

Yes

Quote:

X launches into a new galaxy, becoming X2.

X, the world's first 4th dimension thrill ride, is once again pushing all limits and taking extreme to the next level in 2008. This $10 million investment features completely redesigned, sleeker trains and introduces all-new, innovative state-of-the-art visual, audio and sensory effects. X will move from the 4th dimension to the 5th and become X2!

With its 360° rotating seats and head-first, face down drops, X has been one of the most popular thrill rides on the planet. With the redesign, X2 will take you on a journey to a unique and unchartered dimension of extreme only Six Flags Magic Mountain can deliver.

Unlike traditional coasters where trains only parallel the track, X2 sends riders screaming around its 3,600-foot maze of steel track aboard massive wing-shaped trains where the seats extend off of the track to the sides of the vehicle, allowing them to independently rotate you head over heels, forward and backward creating a one-of-a-kind "don't know what to expect next" sensation. X2 launches the extreme thrills of X into a new dimension with the addition of a unique new tunnel and light experience that changes with every ride.

In order for the transformation to take place, X will close in late 2007, and X2 will launch in spring 2008.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39687&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

^Hey, you don't know that. Six Flags has changed a lot. I don't know if it will actually get the tunnels or not, but we can at least expect music. I would be happy with the new paint and trains. Just because it's Six Flags doesn't mean that we will get a below par attraction. Maybe with the old Six Flags, but not with the new.

It would be an incredible and very expensive undertaking, but I do like the idea of enclosing at least one of the raven turns and putting some lighting effects inside.

Won't happen, but...a pleasant thought.

Eric

I think some music and maybe some sort of lighting effects at night would be cool (two different rides) like Disneyland did with Rockin Space Mountain but I dont like the idea of the tunnels. They could have up beat music during the day then @ night the music would become darker along with lights , fog and sum other effects...like the promo on the website with the volcanoes.

I know Jay Thomas has already mentioned the return of this system. It will be known as, correct me if im wrong, "Six Flags TV". It will broadcast a bunch of cool stuff! Something along the lines of commercials, shows, music videos, etc! It should be a cool thing to watch while waiting in line throughout the park.

Couldn't they use this same TV system to broadcast current ride/line status similar to the electronic signs that Universal and Disney have? It would be rather useful to be able to see how the long the line is at a ride while waiting in line for another or to be able to check if Sky Tower is open while in line for something else. It doesn't seem like it would carry any real extra cost and would benefit guests substantially.

I don't think that is the most ideal location, but I do agree they should have that somewhere.

Problem is, they don't track their wait times. They are still using the old school signs where it is up to the operators to update, and I don't believe it is called in anywhere at the moment. However, they are adding a new fiber optic network for the whole park...so hopefully they can take advantage of that to add wait time signs somewhere.

Why would they advertise it and not go through with it?

Well, there are a couple of reasons while they might do that. Maybe they didn't think it was necessary for the ride. They also might not have enough money to go through with it (which I don't think would be the case). They also could have proposed the idea before they started construction, then later found out that it wouldn't be safe/possible to build them.

I don't know if they will go through with building the tunnels or not. I think that it will only make the ride more thrilling. If they don't build them, I would be fine with that also. I haven't heard any confirmation on weather or not they will build them. Does anyone know if they will?

From what it sounds like I don't think were gonna see tunnels on X2...In order to finish them by May 24 they will have to start within the next week or so. I don't think they can start construction until the testing of the trains is complete.....anybody else have any idea whats going on with tunnels?

Also whats holding up the Thomas Town??? From the pics I've seen there hasn't been anything going on.

I remember reading somewhere on here that Thomas Town was on schedule. They have all the underground work done, but they still need to work above the ground. I don't know if they still are on schedule, but they were a few weeks ago.

I was at the park yesterday and mechanics were swarming over the X2 trains , no sight of the second train. Also when I was leaving the park, the unload side of the station had a red glow similar to what you see in military movies.

As for the park it self, I saw some improvements from my last visit close to a year ago. Most of the crews were hitting intervals, the crew at Scream were pumping out trains extremely fast. The Park was clean and Viper and X look great with their new paint jobs! The internet cafe, such a great idea and seemed very popular with guests.

Now for the bad parts of the day. Ninja and Gold Rusher were both at one train operation all day causing 15 min waits. Viper went to one train operation 3hrs before park closing, causing a sizable line. Sky Tower was closed all day. I saw a couple employees on their cell phones, I took a picture of one of them and got yelled at by the employee.

Some improvements, but still the park has quite a long way to go.

^Don't worry about the employee yelling at you. They're most likely just freaked out because they got caught!

I agree, it's been a real bummer having Sky Tower down lately. Especially when the park claims "wind" as the excuse and we have pictures of the Sky Tower and you can't even see the flag!!!

I heard that Ninja could only run one train the past few days because of a lack of staff for it specifically. I love that ride, it's such a bummer to get up to the top of the hill and see a big chunk of the queue filled due to one train operation!

I took a picture of one of them and got yelled at by the employee.

I took a picture of one of the employees also, then I asked her a question and she ignored me. I thought that she didn't hear me, so I asked her again. Then she turned around, rolled her eyes, and walked off. Maybe she thought I was making fun of her, but I was just taking a picture for my Photo Trip Report that I'll be making later this week.