TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

nice PTR. Glad to see most of the park is looking alot better than in the past. On the other hand it seems like rude guests that stick their gum anywhere and the overflowing garbage cans will never change I'm sure by May that part of the park will look beter too.

nagro5: Thanks for the update photos and all, they're all appreciated.

Haven't been able to get out to the park since WCB so this is all I get to see. Hopefully I'll be getting out there soon since it looks like they're open for the summer now. I really wanna get my hands on a couple last minute X merch before it changes to X2.

Two days of 4-5 hours at MM on a Tuesday and a Wednesday in April will be plenty of time to get on whatever you want however many times you want.

Wow that news to me, i haven't heard anything about that . From what i have seen though, it seems like they have removed that gang presence that was felt in years past. Their is less how can i say a gang feeling when i have been to the park as of late.

So i would say they have gotten rid of it for the most part.

hey guys and gals, guess where i'm at? Can anyone guess?

You got it SFMM, enjoying the Cyber Cafe. its really not that crowded for a saturday. the park is really clean, and everything seems to be running smooth. most of the rides that i have been on have been running two trains. Tatsu was brokedown for an hour from what they called "technical difficulties". I was able to actually find out what happened though. The train hag miss shot the station, and was stuck in the up position while partly in the station. A soon as it opened though i had to ride. I arrived here early and got to experience the opening ceremonies. Lets just say the people were very happy to sit there and listen to an over happy person scream at you for 30 minutes. Glad to see the park is going that extra mile though.

I will have a full TP, with pictures and all when I get the chance it should be up by tomorrow.

See ya!!!!

-Justin

I love how people can post a short tripreport from actually inside the park. Pretty amazing. Enjoy your day!

I am so happy that Magic Mountain has finally a management that actually cares. This is one of the premier parks in the world. First thing my friends from europe want to do when arriving in L.A. is to go to Magic Mountain, i am so glad the place finally gets the attention it deserves

They also always offer the $40 upgrade to a season pass in addition to your paid park admission. If you get a coupon from Burger King now that gives you entrance for $29.99 (coupon is good until 12/31/08) The most you would pay is $69.99 even if they decide to raise to season pass(which i dont think the will ever do, should...hmmm...maybe...but probably not)

wow. i was there for media day when superman opend(i know i am old ) The best part of the ride when both cars run at the same time and you looked at the other car and see the faces, people yelling and screaming at each other. That was the best part of the entire ride

If they could bring this back, i deffinatly will be overly impressed(not that i am already)

They would run the left side that had passengers twice. Then they would run the other side by its self.

side with passengers.

you can hardly see it, but that is the side without. which would be the right side.

sorry for the size of the pictures, and the clarity cell phone camera.

As one who has ridden "dueling Superman," I can say it's quite a thrill. Back in early 1998, I was invited to participate in the filming of one of the Discovery Channel coaster shows. Several times, they "dueled" Superman and taped it.

One thing I remember is being in the front seat of the right-hand car and reaching near the top of the tower alongside the left-hand car. I watched as the car paused before its descent, and noticed that while it was stopped for that brief moment, the front end of the car began tipping backwards (I noticed the front wheel leave the track, but caught by the underwheel). Then the cars both began falling backwards. I wished I'd have gotten that on tape!

Also, Riddler's Revenge was under construction at that time. As we arrived, the lift was near completion, about one section away from being topped off. By the time we left the park, the lift had been topped off.

When the show was aired you could see Riddler's lift hill at different stages in completion, but the topped off part came earlier in the show than the other part! LOL!!!

Eric

Some people were wondering why both sides don't run because they thought one was continually under rehab and this proves that both sides are operational. With that said, we may be able to see Superman duel again this summer.

I just really hope in a couple years they make an investment in Superman like they did with X, and get the cars dueling, hitting 100, and running like they were originally intended. With a rehab of Superman's Fortress of Solitude, the ride could really get popular again.

Especially if they're not going to be investing in any other launch coaster anytime soon. If this is all they're going to offer, they might as well spruce it up.

The only downside is that while Superman is an enjoyable ride (I still like it), most of the general public has ridden an Intamin rocket coaster at some point and the acceleration packs nowhere near the punch.

I'm sure SFMM wouldn't spend the money to make many upgrades---if any.

Eric

^

If they do make any upgrades, I hope it would be so it would acually go up to 100 mph and acually go up to the hight that it's supposed to.

Now it goes a little over 85 but still under 100. The car doesn't even make it up to the 400 foot mark. Why are they even doing this? Can they even help it in the first place? Or do you think the age of the ride is hurting it for the worst?

--James