TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2228 - Wonder Woman Flight of Courage REAL POV!

They need to find a way to put the camel back into colossus..... that was the best damn part....they didn't need a brake run... the whole train would ride the upstops all the way down.... it was like... rumble rumble rumble..... silence........airtime the whole way...then BAM rumble rumble as it slammed into the bottom.... need to strengthen the track and take out the brake run LOL....

The brake run allowed them to run 3 trains, which at the time was necessary.

They need to find a way to put the camel back into colossus..... that was the best damn part....they didn't need a brake run... the whole train would ride the upstops all the way down.... it was like... rumble rumble rumble..... silence........airtime the whole way...then BAM rumble rumble as it slammed into the bottom.... need to strengthen the track and take out the brake run LOL....

Your right about how must better colossus was.

I certainly hope Apocalypse is open again by West Coast Bash. Last time I was at Magic Mountain, Apocalypse was also closed. I've never had X/X2 closed when I've gone to the park, so if it is closed during WCB it will be a first for me.

^^ I hate to say it, but that may be the best thing for the ride if they take the time to put some work into it.

I'm under the belief that SFMM should close every year after FF and reopen for Spring Break. They don't do a whole lot for the holidays like Disney and Knott's and the park is very seldom busy during that time (except for things like Key Club Day). If they had an offseason the hope would be that they'd do all of their refurbishments then that way thing would be up and running all summer and at full capacity.

Yes, a lot of wishful thinking.

If they can't keep things nice with 5 days a week during the offseason to complete projects, what makes you think it would be any better with a proper offseason? The issue has never been time---tons of talented guys work at SFMM on the technical side who are more than capable of getting things done if given the proper resources.

I heard that X2 won't be open until March 2014.

Did the lift motor or chain break? Last time X/X2 had a unexpected closure for that long was due to the lift motor breaking and a new one had to be manufactured.

^^ I hate to say it, but that may be the best thing for the ride if they take the time to put some work into it.

I'm under the belief that SFMM should close every year after FF and reopen for Spring Break. They don't do a whole lot for the holidays like Disney and Knott's and the park is very seldom busy during that time (except for things like Key Club Day). If they had an offseason the hope would be that they'd do all of their refurbishments then that way thing would be up and running all summer and at full capacity.

Yes, a lot of wishful thinking.

You are giving SFMM WAY too much benefit of the doubt.

Back when X unexpectedly closed for 6 months back in 2006/2007, when they did manage to reopen, the ride looked as if it wasn't touched during the entire closure. Grime and dust everywhere .

Here's a TR from back then.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=337112#337112

Edited by Top Thrill Dragster

So tomorrow... Are we looking for an announcement on the closure of Colossus, or will we just wait and see when they announce the closure in a few months or so instead?

Cause if it's for 2015 they probably wouldn't announce the actual coaster tomorrow would they?

I wouldn't expect any mention of Collossus tomorrow but you never know

If Iron Collossus is for 2015 I'd expect an announcement in earlly to mid 2014

So tomorrow... Are we looking for an announcement on the closure of Colossus, or will we just wait and see when they announce the closure in a few months or so instead?

Cause if it's for 2015 they probably wouldn't announce the actual coaster tomorrow would they?

I wouldn't expect any mention of Collossus tomorrow but you never know

If Iron Collossus is for 2015 I'd expect an announcement in earlly to mid 2014

Maybe once FF starts, telling everyone to get their last rides in, because it's closing after FF, and is going to be changed or whatever they want to say.

Not sure if it was ever mentioned on here but during a backstage tour of YOLOcoaster with several media outlets it was hinted that the old arcade building would be something to watch in the future. Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Which arcade building? Palace games was converted to the Dogs/Wings place?