TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I've been on Roar (SFA), Wildcat and Lightning Racers (HP), and Terminator, as far as GCI's go, and Terminator is probably my favorite out of the four(/five). It was honestly shocking how quickly it picked up speed over the top of the lift, and that lead to the best of the GCI drops I've experienced, followed by plenty of nice pops of air, tunnels, my first station fly-by, and a speed that never lets up until the very end. Once it gets going, which is the second you're off the lift, it just keeps it up. I loved it!

I compare Terminator favorably to Kentucky Rumbler. Both have terrific opening sections, but sort of peter out by the end. But the first two thirds are so much fun that by the end you're willing to forgive the weak endings. I'd place them both firmly in my top 15 to 20 coasters, and I've ridden most of the ones here in the US.

Well I will miss Tital Wave a little, just from memories of going on it a long time ago. I remember death gripping the bar thinking that I was going to fly out of the boat when going down the drop, tells you how long it has been. But for Thill Shot, when was the last time it was ever open anyway. I forgot it was even there. And also I wonder what kind of food the the new resturant is going to have, hopfully something different than what is already at the park.

Maybe the new restaurant will be a Johnny Rockets.

But it would be nice to offer something completely different---gyros, for instance.

My guess is that when Thrill Shot is removed, another upcharge attraction will go there.

The Tidal Wave/Freefall area will be big enough to put a good sized ride into. It will be interesting to see what it will be. If in fact it is the future location of a new coaster, I'd like to see it intertwine with Riddler's Revenge and/or Batman if possible.

Eric

Terminator is okay. Wait more than 30 minutes for it? No thanks.

A new restaurant at the Sierra Twist location? No thanks. Make dining experiences BETTER at the food locations you already have.

IMO Magic Mountain needs to start concentrating on what it IS, whether than what its NOT. It is NOT a typical SF park, and some of these additions are just ruining it. It IS a park that deserves better than the norm, which the SF industry doesn't seem to be feeding it recently.

I love the park and I love the company, but holey moley, they really make me scratch my head sometimes.

But it would be nice to offer something completely different---gyros, for instance

Great Adventure's food selection has really grown in the past 3 years. The newer shops like Ichiban Teahouse and Cyber Cafe really take away that amusement park atmosphere which is good sometimes....we have gyro's too!

A new restaurant at the Sierra Twist location? No thanks. Make dining experiences BETTER at the food locations you already have.

Well - to be fair...

Longhorns is certainly an improvement over what was there already.

Johnny Rockets is absolutely a HUGE upgrade to each of those locations it replaced. Did you ever eat at the location across from the games area before? Disgusting.

The Cyber Cafe is also a huge leap forward over that old place.

It was nice to see them add the coffee/drinks place (Studio 6F) on the back of the where something like that was needed.

And I still think Mooseburger is probably the best (if not the only) "sit down" restaurant in the entire chain!

I actually DO think the park has made the dining experiences BETTER at the food locations they already have.

--Robb

^Going to totally agree with this. Johnny Rockets is a MAJOR upgrade compared to the crap that used to be there! Yes, it's expensive, but the food is actually good.

I'm kind of "meh" on Mooseburger, but it's actually been a long time since I've been in there with the regular menu. The meal we had there during the West Coast trip was AMAZING, though I'm not sure how it compares to the regular menu. But I'd certainly try the place again on a future visit.

dt

The last time I was at the park (March) we ate at the Mooseburger and honestly had an amazing meal with quick and extremely friendly service! I had this chicken wrap which was huge! The portion was so big, I couldn't finish my meal. After that visit, I highly recommend the Mooseburger, the pricing isn't bad at all. I like the fact that you can have a nice sit down meal without having to leave the park.

Not to mention free soda refills! WCB at Mooseburger was awesome with the buffet, but even the regular menu is a great value for a theme park sit down restaurant. We eat there every time we go to the mountain.

Mooseburger is awesome when its over 100 degrees. Don't eat there every time, but I never regret it when I do. Its good to just sit down in some air conditioning and pound some cold drinks and eat some decent food.

And I still think Mooseburger is probably the best (if not the only) "sit down" restaurant in the entire chain!

Have you tried Best of the West or Granny's Chicken at Six Flags Great Adventure? While they aren't "sit-down" resturants, it would be very easy to convert them.

Great Log Flume/Lakefront location.

Granny's in Fantasy Forest

It's too bad that something isn't being done with the Laughing Dragon site. At one time, that was the Four Winds Steakhouse, the park's premier dining location. I also agree that Mooseburger Lodge is the best place to eat at the park these days.

Eric

You know, just thinking about this:

The Bizarro theme has taken shape on 'Medusa' over at GADV, so I don't see why they can't do that for 'Scream' either. It would just take away from the fact that the coaster is built on the old parking lot, and in a way, take the theme in a diffrent way. Just a thought though. It's been on my mind. Granted, it would look weird, but I never see Scream with much of a wait.

Can't wait to see what they do on the Summit in the next few months.

You know, just thinking about this:

The Bizarro theme has taken shape on 'Medusa' over at GADV, so I don't see why they can't do that for 'Scream' either. It would just take away from the fact that the coaster is built on the old parking lot, and in a way, take the theme in a diffrent way. Just a thought though. It's been on my mind. Granted, it would look weird, but I never see Scream with much of a wait.

Can't wait to see what they do on the Summit in the next few months.

I'd rather see the park theme the coaster to the old video game, Crazy Taxi, since it would go with the parking lot theme.

But I honestly don't see them retheming Scream. Sadly, it wasn't built in the best spot.

Superman meanwhile could definitely be rethemed and I'd love to see what they do with that.