TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I think it's just sad that Scream gets little attention for a nice B&M.

I'm not really a fan of Scream. When I rode it back in April, I was extremely disappointed by the ride in general. I placed it 8th on my Top 10 list with 9th being Superman and 10th being X2. When something 'nice' does happen to Superman, I'm sure Scream will move to 9th place, due to me nearly preferring even Superman over it. It's just too rough. And it's location doesn't help at all. Neither do it's awful colors!

Everytime I have gone, the coaster has never had more than a 15 minute wait.

I wonder why...

But I honestly don't see them retheming Scream. Sadly, it wasn't built in the best spot.

Superman meanwhile could definitely be rethemed and I'd love to see what they do with that.

Judging by the length of the queue, I dont think they were expecting huge crowds for Scream from day 1.

I LOVE that ride! i dont ever remember it being rough. Its always fun, and VERY underrated. My opinion of it is diffrent from a lot of people ( obviosly, cus the lines are so short), but its fun. of course, the area is bad...

Everyone seems to talk down on Scream! I guess I am amoung the only ones who enjoys the ride. I agree about the colors being pretty bad and the location being on a parking lot is lame but I still find the ride enjoyable and definitely wouldn't call it rough, but that is just my opinion.

Also I highly doubt that SFMM would invest a good amount of money into Scream! considering its lack of popularity and the way it doesnt really stand out at SFMM with all the different kinds of coasters they have.

Scream! is a solid coaster in my book, with decent forces, although nothing about it really stood out. I didn't find it too rough and I didn't mind the parking lot "theming". I give it a 7/10.

I easily prefer Medusa, but I feel I may be biased.

Everyone seems to talk down on Scream! I guess I am amoung the only ones who enjoys the ride. I agree about the colors being pretty bad and the location being on a parking lot is lame but I still find the ride enjoyable and definitely wouldn't call it rough, but that is just my opinion.

Also I highly doubt that SFMM would invest a good amount of money into Scream! considering its lack of popularity and the way it doesnt really stand out at SFMM with all the different kinds of coasters they have.

That's pretty sad to me. A 150ft floorless coaster doesn't stand out. Perhaps it should go to a park where it will be a star attraction (SFStl). I see no reason why this coaster should be so under appreciated. The only place on the ride I found rough was the bottom of the first drop. Other than that I find Scream to be a fairly aggressive ride for a B&M floorless, which generally seem to range from tame to downright forceless. But that's just me.

I think the reason Scream! is overlooked is because A. The horrible name. C'mon Six Flags you could have done a lot better than that. B. With so many other great coasters in the park (X2, Terminator, Goliath, Tatsu, and Riddler's Revenge) there really isn't a need to run to Scream! first, second, third...etc. Rip it up and send it somewhere else!

I haven't been to SFMM so I haven't ridden Scream, but I see why no one rides it. Same as what CoasterPrince said. With so many other great rides, it doesn't stand out, plus it's location doesn't seem too good being all by it's self. I wasn't a coaster enthusiast when it was built (I was like 10), but looking back at old press-releases and stuff, the ride wasn't too talked about. If it was built at just about any other park, it'd be pretty talked about I'm sure (just look at Chang, it's one of the most talked about coasters right now!) I think they should remove it and put it in one of the smaller Six Flags parks because it would attract alot of people in that area and would be one of the main attractions at any other SF park. But with SFMM trying to get the record for most coasters back, I don't see that happening!

...and when the park DOES make the decision to pull the ride and send it somewhere else and all of you start bitching and complaining I'm going to dig up these posts and tell you all to STFU.

Remember, the company DOES read this forum...so don't give them any ideas...unless you really are suggesting they remove Scream from Six Flags Magic Mountain and give it to another park.

--Robb

Scream seems like such an after-thought kind of roller coaster... It's built on a parking lot that still has parking spots in it (or at least did last I went in...2007?), it's best themed sections are giant plotter-printer banners...it's a clone, etc.

But...it's that one great, hidden, line-free ride that, on a Saturday, is a miracle to ride when all the other looping roller coasters force you to bake in the heat with the wait they procure.

...and when the park DOES make the decision to pull the ride and send it somewhere else and all of you start bitching and complaining I'm going to dig up these posts and tell you all to STFU.

Remember, the company DOES read this forum...so don't give them any ideas...unless you really are suggesting they remove Scream from Six Flags Magic Mountain and give it to another park.

--Robb

I'm not sure if your quoting me or other people, but if I'm just going to assume your quoting me. If SFMM did remove Scream to give it to another park, I would be happy with that decision. If it usually is a walkon on a Saturday when other coasters at the park have full queues, it's not too popular. If it went to... Six Flags St. Louis, than I'm sure it'd bring in alot of people and would have a pretty full queue most days. But at the same time, keeping it at SFMM isn't costing money, it's not like it's some old Arrow looper that costs alot to maintain. I don't expect SFMM to remove Scream any time soon, but if they decided to, I'd be all for it.

And since were on the topic of relocating B&Ms, when SFKK removed Chang, yes I was upset. But only because it was the main attraction at the park, it attracted more people to the park than any other coaster I'm sure. So it made no sense to remove it. Until we learned the park was closing, than it made complete sense to remove it before anything else being the biggest ride.

I love Scream! The fact that it usually has a little line makes it even better! I've never known a ride that has a walk-on line to be a downside! It's a fun ride, and pretty smooth to me. I think it has a bad rap because of all the other impressive rides in the park. However, I still think that they should let us all bring in a bag a gravel to the next WCB and landscape it!

I hope they never get rid of it. If other parks could benefit from it, then those parks should just build their own.

Here's the thing - I actually DO agree with the people who say that SFMM doesn't need Scream! They don't. It would be better off giving it to a park like SFSL, SFA, or even SFOG. Imagine how Scream! would look at SFOG in Ninja's spot.

--Robb

To me, Scream! is something for SFMM to deal with in the future once some other issues are resolved. But as for the ride itself, I have no complaints about it. And with normally short lines, it's easy to catch a ride or two on it. I've always thought that with all the complaining about its "parking lot theme," SFMM ought to have some fun with that and "jazz up" the parking lot below it---throw in some random stuff and make some inside jokes while they're at it.

Eric

^^Agreed 100000% about it in Ninja's spot. I'm not to type who likes to hate on any coasters, but Ninja at SFOG is really my all time least favorite coaster ever. I'd tried it in the front, I've tried it in the middle, I've tired it in the front of the last car. Nope, still sucks.

^ Maybe they should consider moving Scream! over to that area and giving it a new theme. Just a thought.

I've often wondered if Scream! and Colossus aren't that busy is partly because you have to walk a ways to get there---and there isn't much to see or do in that area. And, admittedly, these days Colossus ain't what it used to be. Perhaps after a Texas Giant style makeover in a couple of years that could change.

Eric

I think the biggest problem with Scream is the lack of anything unique about the ride combined with its location. I went the summer the ride opened and it never had longer than a thirty minute wait while I was there. Unless it is running one train, the ride never has more than a ten minute wait anymore. Like others have said, the ride would have been more successful if installed somewhere else in the park.

The lack of anything unique is the other main factor contributing to the lack of popularity with the ride. When it was installed, the park already had Viper, Batman the Ride, and Riddler's Revenge. Scream essentially combines elements of all three of those coasters, and didn't really fill a niche that wasn't already occupied. In addition, Scream doesn't have a unique element or some type of record-breaking claim, so it is difficult to market. When I go, it seems like about two-thirds of the people getting in line for Scream are getting off of Colossus because the right track empties directly into the entrance plaza for Scream.

Personally, I think Scream is probably my favorite second-tier coaster in the park (6th overall). I try to ride it once or twice each time I visit, but don't worry much if I don't get to it. I don't find it to be rough at all, and most of my friends say the same. If they remove it, the park won't really lose anything but I'm guessing they'll keep it around for at least a few more years.

I'm not really a fan of Scream. When I rode it back in April, I was extremely disappointed by the ride in general. I placed it 8th on my Top 10 list with 9th being Superman and 10th being X2. When something 'nice' does happen to Superman, I'm sure Scream will move to 9th place, due to me nearly preferring even Superman over it. It's just too rough. And it's location doesn't help at all. Neither do it's awful colors!

Well then I guess you haven't ridden Viper if you think Scream is rough. Here we go with the parking lot nonsense again... okay it's over a parking lot...SO WHAT, it's still a fun ride and I have to wonder, all these people that bring up the parking lot thing every frikin single time this ride is mentioned, is that all you think about when you ride it, really? That would be sad. Yes, we know it's over a parking lot people have been saying that for YEARS now, can we just move on please? And you know if Scream was gone tomorrow these same people would all of a sudden be complaining that it got removed......whatever.