TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^^ I really enjoyed that post---not only for what was said, but for the fact that it was a perfect response to the post right before it.

For the eleventeen millionth time, many coasters nowadays are essentially giant jigsaw puzzles. They're designed on computers using SolidWorks, Pro E, or even AutoCAD. Everything will fit, getting this ride up and assembled will go rather quickly. I'm not even a bit worried about Terminator making its debut right on time.

Eric

But there could always be Extreme Makeover: Theme Park Edition, where a meth induced Ty Pennington acts like a cartoon character while they build the ride in a single weekend. He could even tell Mr. Six to "move that bus." Sorry.

-Mike

You never know man, with the way they construct these things and the giant work force they could round up (They're sort of close to Mexico, right? ) I wouldn't doubt they're ability to throw this up over a weekend. Man, that would actually be an awesome publicity stunt/tv show...

In all seriousness, the metal bases for the bents are all in place, so once they start placing bents, the low curves will fly up. They'll probably get half the ride set up in the first couple of weeks of bent placing or less. They've been really quick on Prowler, and they aren't even using a single solid pad.

Quick question about the QBot.

I think I've read this thread completely and haven't seen this answered.

I got a flyer today that said that the Extreme Play Pass included free rental on a QBot every time I visit. They said that this was a $15 value. Does that mean that the basic Q-Bot like they have at SFGAdv is only $15? Or is this just for renting the thing and then you have to pay more to use it?

I already down-graded mine to a Play Pass because I thought they were just going to give a discount but I'm curious about what the actual cost will be.

I got a flyer today that said that the Extreme Play Pass included free rental on a QBot every time I visit. They said that this was a $15 value. Does that mean that the basic Q-Bot like they have at SFGAdv is only $15? Or is this just for renting the thing and then you have to pay more to use it?

This is how I understand it. Unlike other installations where you just pay for the usage at SFMM there is a rental fee, a usage fee, and then any "upcharges" you want to add (like Q-Bot Gold, etc)

I haven't seen what the actual prices are so I can't comment on them.

--Robb

OK so I guess it is just a matter of semantics. They will probably not mention the "rental fee" to the GP but they have broken it out for Season Passholders rather than saying $15 off for Extreme Passholders. I don't see someone renting it for $15 just to hook it on their belt as a fashion statement.

Perhaps it will be a three tiered system that allows for a certain number of rides at the $15 level and than more money for the more traditional regular and gold.

I assume we will know all on March 22

^Is that even in English!?!?

As for the Qbot debate, there are going to be a lot of unhappy Extreme Pass Holders. Look at the pricing of ANY other big Six Flags Park Qbot...take $15 off the cost of it and yeah that's what you're going to pay. Not really that big of a discount.

I was wondering when somebody who cant spell as if their life was at stake would start ranting about terminator for the love of god keep your shorts on it will get done on time i know this for a fact if its late tim will light a fire under gci's rear ends to get them moving

Almost poetic. The power of words...and...run-on sentences.

Make friends with periods and commas. It is amazing what those tiny little dots do for eligibility.

And lighting a fire under GCI is pointless. They treat their wood. It's fireproof, bro.

-Mike

As an Xtreme Pass holder, I'm not too concerned about the price of the Q-Bot. After all, we paid nothing to park or get in, so what's wrong with paying a few bucks to cut our waiting time?

The park does have to make a little money...

Eric

^Exactly. I haven't even decided if I will be renewing my pass for 2009 since they took away free flashpass from the Xtreme pass. The passes were a great "insurance policy" in case I ever did want to ride anything when we would visit towards the end of a busy day. It also made it great for when we would host out-of-town visitors who needed all the credits.

Oh well. I wish Magic the best of luck with the Q-bots. if the pricing is similar to the other Six Flags parks, I'm really not convinced they will sell as well as the old Flashpasses did. $15 or $20 in addition to whatever you paid to skip a few lines is reasonable. $15 rental fee+whatever the usage fee is+admission=not nearly as reasonable.

^As a Xtreme Play Pass holder, I'm a little dissapointed with the flash pass changes. I hate driving 2 1/2 hours to the park find out it is super crowded, and then have to pay who knows what for flash pass.

I have a question hopefully someone can answer me soon. Who already has there 2009 value/coupon book for there season pass? I really want to know what is included as far as free admisions. The reason is I'm thinking about going Saturday and was wondering if I could get my buddy in for free with the a coupon and if not, how much. Thank you to who ever answers my question.

^As a Xtreme Play Pass holder, I'm a little dissapointed with the flash pass changes. I hate driving 2 1/2 hours to the park find out it is super crowded, and then have to pay who knows what for flash pass.

I have a question hopefully someone can answer me soon. Who already has there 2009 value/coupon book for there season pass? I really want to know what is included as far as free admisions. The reason is I'm thinking about going Saturday and was wondering if I could get my buddy in for free with the a coupon and if not, how much. Thank you to who ever answers my question.

They didn't have the books ready when I was there weekend before last. Last year they didn't have them ready till the beginning of February, so I'd assume it would be the same this year.

Of course you could always call them up so you know ahead of time.

For what it's worth...

Plaza Ice Cream is now closed and will become a Coldstone.

Shooting Gallery in Psyclone Bay is closed and will become part of the Terminator entrance.

Coaster Girls will become a Terminator shop.

Surfside Grill (The one with the giant Hot Dog) is now closed and will become yet another Johnny Rocket's location.

^ About that last one...WHAT?!?!12??

So now SFMM will now have three JR locations? That makes no sense whatsoever.

Will the Cold Stone Limited location close or will there be two Cold Stones as well?

It'd be nice to keep that Surfside Grill location in Cyclone Bay/Terminator Alley/whatever they'll call it and serve good old chili dogs, if for no other reason than to offer a little variety foodwise.

Eric

Having more Johnny Rockets in the park means I'll eat more often in the park. Seriously, I was never a fan of the burgers and fries at any of the other food locations but I'll gladly grab some onion rings as a snack from a Johnny Rockets location.

--Robb

For what it's worth...

Plaza Ice Cream is now closed and will become a Coldstone.

Shooting Gallery in Psyclone Bay is closed and will become part of the Terminator entrance.

Coaster Girls will become a Terminator shop.

Surfside Grill (The one with the giant Hot Dog) is now closed and will become yet another Johnny Rocket's location.

^ Something about this seriously reminds me of my days playing Rollercoaster Tycoon!

Honestly, I have nothing against Johnny Rocket's, and I agree that the food there is a cut or five above other food outlets at the park. And I'll admit that I'll usually choose to eat there before somewhere else. I guess I'd just like to have a bit of variety.

Eric