TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Hey everyone!

There is a new Terminator update which includes a few general park update photos here:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=695692#695692

As always, please keep the Terminator discussion in that thread, and non-Terminator related discussion here.

Thank you!

--Robb

KT was VERY upset over not being able to ride Canyon Blaster today...

From the website:

Canyon Blaster None w/ adult MILD BUGS BUNNY World

Here’s a blast for the whole family. Enjoy a thrilling roller coaster designed for you and the little ones to enjoy together. 36" min to ride alone, no height min. to ride with adult.ADD TO FUN PLANNER

But there's a new sign IN the station (not outside of the ride) that says you have to be 33". Real bummer. And quite strange, I can put her BY HERSELF on the Percy Roller Coaster, but I can't ride with her on a ride we used to be able to go on together. She was VERY upset.

^^ Elissa, bring that up with Guest Relations. Some years back when Diana was about five, we didn't know if she was tall enough to ride Sandblasters, so we had to go all the way inside the queue area to check her height, only to discover that she was too short. I made a comment to someone from Guest Relations, and on my next visit, the height limit sign was right out in front. With the new management trying to improve the park's image, I'll bet they'll take care of that.

Eric

Working in the industry, I totally understand that policy changes are not always something the park has control over. Could be a corporate mandate, state mandate, or manufacturers mandate. So I can forgive them for a policy change they may have had nothing to do with, but they totally dropped the ball taking care of the things they DO have control over.

Perhaps that is a sign (no pun intended) the IBU thing isn't going as well as they thought? Not changing the website and not having the proper signage out front means there was no communication and no one took ownership of the change in policy.

When the park is trying so hard to improve its "fmaily friendly" image, dropping the ball with something like this surely doesn't help things...

All height and other restrictions should as a rule be placed in front of the ride line. It keeps guests happy and doesn't slow down operations when you have to explain to people that they can't ride once they get into the station. Hopefully SFMM will get a sign out front and change the website quickly before any other children and their parents get the same treatment.

-James Dillaman

I wonder if the Batman sign that was pointing the wrong way will be fixed also!?

Ah...but was it pointing the wrong way on purpose? After all, you can get to Batman that way. And you can go by all kinds of fun shops on the way!

I picked up my book on Sunday. Here's what's in the 2009 book as Free Friend admissions go...

Free Friend Admission Weekdays in June.

Free Friend Admission on Select Sundays (3/29, 4/26, 7/26, 9/27, 11/29, 12/27).

Free Mother's or Father's Day Admission.

Free Friend Admission Weekdays in August.

$9.99 Friend Admission.

$25 Admission January-March 2009.

$25 Admission April-June 2009.

$25 Admission July-August 2009.

$25 Admission September-December 2009.

$14.99 "Friend Day" Admission on September 11, 2009 (that's a Friday, and the park will be open 4pm-10pm).

Bring a friend to any another Six Flags park for half price.

Everything else is Hurricane Harbor discounts, food, games, etc.

Hope that helps. I miss the Free Friend coupon that was good on any day during the year, as well as the one free parking pass. (I don't need the free parking pass, but it's a nice perk for those with the regular season pass.)

Eric

i heard rumors of a new coaster at sfmm in 2010. any ideas of what it is?

Based on SF's current financial situation, and the current ride selection at SFMM, here are the most probable available options I can think of, without knowing the general cost of each coaster (i'm casting aside current lawsuits with the designing firms):

Intamin Mega-Lite: If its within budget limit

B&M Dive Machine: If its within the budget limit, and it is the only option from B&M as we already have a hyper coaster and the other four types of B&M coasters.

A better version of Pony Express

Another GCI woodie I'd personnally would love to have a third woodie, with more space available for a better ride. Terminator is looking good already and its only just being built.

A Vekoma motorbike Probably the least likely of these options, but its a possiblity.[/b]

Hey guys...

All this 2010 roller coaster CSI work is really fantastically,

amazing,

incredible ,

good, ....

But in the terminator thread lets stick with strictly terminator!

We have a SFMM update thread...AND a rumor thread!

I picked up my book on Sunday. Here's what's in the 2009 book as Free Friend admissions go...

Free Friend Admission Weekdays in June.

Free Friend Admission on Select Sundays (3/29, 4/26, 7/26, 9/27, 11/29, 12/27).

Free Mother's or Father's Day Admission.

Free Friend Admission Weekdays in August.

$9.99 Friend Admission.

$25 Admission January-March 2009.

$25 Admission April-June 2009.

$25 Admission July-August 2009.

$25 Admission September-December 2009.

$14.99 "Friend Day" Admission on September 11, 2009 (that's a Friday, and the park will be open 4pm-10pm).

Bring a friend to any another Six Flags park for half price.

Everything else is Hurricane Harbor discounts, food, games, etc.

Hope that helps. I miss the Free Friend coupon that was good on any day during the year, as well as the one free parking pass. (I don't need the free parking pass, but it's a nice perk for those with the regular season pass.)

Eric

can I ask what is this coupon book ? do you get it with an annual pass ?