TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

nice pics

the reality of psyclone being removed just hit me.i still kinda dont belive it actually happining

:In the beginning of the day the Tatsu was stacking trains for about 10sec each, but when I went back a couple of hours later they stacking trains for more than 5mins. I waited during the first X brake down, for some reason they had to replace a wheel.

X always has had trouble with the wheels.The main reason wheels blow at X is because the weight of the trains.

~Chr!s-O

nice pics

the reality of psyclone being removed just hit me.i still kinda dont belive it actually happining

I know!!! It's so awesome isn't it!

I remember when I took this pic YEARS ago when Shock Wave was being dismantled:

I was bummed because it was actually a good ride!

But with Psyclone, I'm so happy to see them taking out a ride that should have gone YEARS ago. It's such a great improvement to the park!

--Robb

Were you able to get that last picture without going past any baracades, under ropes or chains?

Not because I would ridicule you, but because as an employee, I'd want to make sure that guests aren't going into construction areas. I'm sure it was safe, but not ideal.

Just curious, honestly...not a personal attack.

The exit isn't blocked off at all and the entrance now has a chain before the stairs.

Oh...and Colossus...the ride is a gonner. The panel has already been removed...

p.jpg.7c12563dd47f5674683fe6c0f5b5368d.jpg

^wow jahan you just made a beliver out of me.i I think next weekend im going to sneak up to flashback and pick up some exclusive pics of the panel missing. lol

^^

but if you think about it if shockwave didnt go the park probably wouldnt have gotten riddler.

~Chr!s-O

^tear

^^

but if you think about it if shockwave didnt go the park probably wouldnt have gotten riddler.

~Chr!s-O

Exactly! So maybe we'll see a much better woodie in years to come....

--Robb "Hopes for an Intamin..." Alvey

I just thought should post some of my pictures from today

IMG_4538.jpg.682e3a5cf77a78d95b4cf7d99c3a4695.jpg

And there are several markers in the parking lot, near the tram route.

IMG_4573.jpg.117faf0bb9be1bbd4777254ccf58239d.jpg

Can some one tell me what this is used for?

IMG_4601.jpg.e143a734bc142a95baa5e7bdd9f294a5.jpg

A car from Colossus was siting behind a building in Cyclone Bay.

IMG_4626.jpg.8085c63c072a844886c39c27dfcd2719.jpg

Thrill Shot is almost ready to open!

IMG_4627.jpg.63661cd2d72ec5dbb2441dc0dbcfc0ac.jpg

IMG_4628.jpg.322ba8c28538339cb79ce5f90be2d7b7.jpg

IMG_4505.thumb.jpg.959d9c50348d7471dadc8b146f4ec495.jpg

Ninja is being painted

IMG_4575.jpg.668bbe7dbb1f205c20ac0f44c5d0427d.jpg

X is now open and was well missed

^ Cool...thanks for the pictures!

I thought I would mention, before the rumors of spinning mouse coasters begin, that the parking-lot markers specifically mention "water" lines and they have concrete piping lined up in one of the overflow lots. So dont expect anything worthwhile.

-Jahan

I thought I would mention, before the rumors of spinning mouse coasters begin, that the parking-lot markers specifically mention "water" lines and they have concrete piping lined up in one of the overflow lots. So dont expect anything worthwhile.

Water lines? Concrete piping? Markings by the parking lot? It's probably for the irrigation and watering system for the new huge grass turf going in beneath Scream.

I'm looking foward to seeing Psyclone gone, that will be a strange site. It's interesting though, Robb brought up the picture of Shockwave... For some reason the parks coasters in that back area just don't survive. Psyclone is the third coaster being taken out from that spot in the last 20 or so years. Of course two of the rides would be doomed because of the wonderful Ride rotation program, which landed us Flashback, which is also slated to be removed. How ironic.

^

Following things at SFMM is like a ride in and of itself!! Last year we had Tatsu, then the announcement the park was up for sale. This year they say they are keeping the park and are fixing things up.

Hopefully another negative doesn't follow the positive as it did last year.

I know this is a sorta wierd question but, when I was at MM on the third, Tatsu was running very very slow in the morning, as in, barely making it through the Pretzel and literally crawling through the Zero-G roll and back to the station. Any one know why this is or is it just me whos goin wacky?

^ Well, coasters always run a lot slower in the morning. Some of the coasters actually do warm ups. I don't think Tatsu is one of them. Not sure how much of a difference it makes but remember that it hadn't ran in five days or so. That could also lead to it running a bit slower starting out.

-_six

So I heard the new X crew is absolutely horrible and is the worst crew in SF history...one guy tried riding X from the unload station to the loading station and thought it was funny, heard something about a Mike?

As long as they aren't playing solitaire at panel. Not that anyone has ever tried that or anything...

As long as no one gets fired for stealing loose change from Freefall...

I am really amused with the way SF handles SFMM...they announce it's up for sale and it rots away (more than it already was). Then they announce that they are eager to keep it or at least let another park operator run it. Then once its not even sold they start immediate work on it...paint Ninja, take out some of the crap (Psyclone and Flashback), finally fix X, and now Metro may be up and running...and yet not even a year ago they were letting it rot, nice.