TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^is the park busy today? Two trains on X2 yet? I know the refurbed train was on the transfer a couple days ago.

The park wasn't busy at all. Not sure about X2 because I avoid it about 75% of the time. I planned on maybe doing a short update post after my trip on Monday.

Maggiekats eighth grade trip is tomorrow she'll be riding in a bus from Vegas. (I said I'd go too. But I be flyin. I don't do 5 hour bus rides lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I attended the Automobile Club (AAA) event on Friday May 6th.

This special event was from 6pm to midnight. It was a great time to attend, because the park had minimal crowds.

We walked on most major attractions, with the exception of Revolution because someone vomited on the ride. I mean come on, really? this ride isn't intense at all....but that's how it goes. At least we got to check out the cool new Oculus VR head gear! What a great enhancement to this classic ride.

Overall a great event, which I would recommend to everyone.

I got real nauseous when I rode with the VR but because it was real blurry for me. And I hardly get nauseous. I would guess people will get sick because of the mask over their face not because of the layout obviously.

Still trying to get used to the idea that MM's next attraction might be Justice League. Just seems like it would be out of place. It's more of a family attraction, plus with the type of clientele MM attracts they're sure to vandalize it. Also with MM's maintenence track record, in a few years, only half of the effects will work

Screenshot_2016-05-07-23-02-03.thumb.png.633a28d7e7b578844636bc16dbed54d0.png

Still trying to get used to the idea that MM's next attraction might be Justice League. Just seems like it would be out of place. It's more of a family attraction, plus with the type of clientele MM attracts they're sure to vandalize it. Also with MM's maintenence track record, in a few years, only half of the effects will work

I would love to see a flat package similar to what other Six Flags parks are receiving. A Zamperla Giant Discovery would be fantastic. But knowing SFMM, they may just be going for their 20th coaster (which better not be a Super Loop...).

Keep getting used to the idea.

I feel like the park actually won't put in #20 until 2021 when it's the park's 50th anniversary. (If we get a new coaster in between that time there would probably be one removed first)

That's all just my personal gut feeling, but it seems to be too perfect of an opportunity.

Keep getting used to the idea.

I feel like the park actually won't put in #20 until 2021 when it's the park's 50th anniversary. (If we get a new coaster in between that time there would probably be one removed first)

That's all just my personal gut feeling, but it seems to be too perfect of an opportunity.

Nah. Thats when they put in their 21st.

Yeah I'd think MM would be on their 21st by '21, since they never go more than 3 years without a new coaster. Though there has to be a cap at some point, they have trouble now maintaining the ones they have.

A Justice League Ride and another nice "little" surprise for 2017 sounds about perfect to me.

To those worried about the SFMM element not appreciating it or not maintaining the effects, I don't see that as an excuse not to invest in a more diverse park. It's that diversity of attractions that will bring a better crowd into the park.

^The crowd you get at SFMM is exactly what you would expect the crowd that a $6.45/month pass would attract.

That being said, Justice League would still be a good addition. The demographic that Six Flags caters too will definitely enjoy a shooting dark ride, since it fits in with the "raised by TV/video games" generation.

Edited by Jew

^The crowd you get at SFMM is exactly what you would expect the crowd that a $6.45/month pass would attract.

That being said, Justice League would still be a good addition. The demographic that Six Flags caters too will definitely enjoy a shooting dark ride, since it fits in with the "raised by TV/video games" generation.

And it's Los Angeles, so anything that deals with shooting is always a plus.

Question: Why is the above here, in this thread?

Signed, Curious. (I did not look at the video.)

Just thought i'd share a brand new coaster that just came out. Seeing something like that makes me want to go visit there

Just thought i'd share a brand new coaster that just came out. Seeing something like that makes me want to go visit there

Until then maybe visit here *shoulder shrug*

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28853

Until then maybe visit here *shoulder shrug*

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28853

Tbqh, *shoulder shrug* is also my reaction to everything about Valravn