TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Well it was just for the day, due to winds, right?

If X2 is closed, again, after hauling my arse across the country I'll be miffed something fierce!

It was closed all day just because of wind, and I think they were hoping to open it up if the wind ever calmed down, but sadly it didn't the whole day! Both trains were off the transfer and parked in the station the whole day.

Bad day at the park today...

High winds caused X2 and Lex Luthor to be closed.

Chain problems caused Goliath to be closed... And Scream and Colossus are closed for obvious reasons.

One train operations on Ninja, Apocalypse, and Riddler.

Pretty much every ride had a long line (especially YOLOcoaster and Tatsu while it was open, those two got really jammed all day), and two parking lots weren't even full!

Finally, around 6:30, a Tatsu train got stuck on the lift near the bottom and the walkway between Ninja and Tatsu was shut down. It looked pretty serious and maintenance had to rotate the seats to that everyone could be evacuated from there. Rumor was floating around from the employees and bystanders who had witnessed the train get stuck that the lift chain broke.

Hopefully this isn't another ride down for the count!

Would SFMM be able to confirm if it's a lift chain issue?

Well it was just for the day, due to winds, right?

If X2 is closed, again, after hauling my arse across the country I'll be miffed something fierce!

It was closed all day just because of wind, and I think they were hoping to open it up if the wind ever calmed down, but sadly it didn't the whole day! Both trains were off the transfer and parked in the station the whole day.

Yeah, so at least it's not perma broken, though I see it's still pretty touch and go on a daily basis

Bad day at the park today...

High winds caused X2 and Lex Luthor to be closed.

Chain problems caused Goliath to be closed... And Scream and Colossus are closed for obvious reasons.

One train operations on Ninja, Apocalypse, and Riddler.

Pretty much every ride had a long line (especially YOLOcoaster and Tatsu while it was open, those two got really jammed all day), and two parking lots weren't even full!

Finally, around 6:30, a Tatsu train got stuck on the lift near the bottom and the walkway between Ninja and Tatsu was shut down. It looked pretty serious and maintenance had to rotate the seats to that everyone could be evacuated from there. Rumor was floating around from the employees and bystanders who had witnessed the train get stuck that the lift chain broke.

Doubtful.

It could have been just a regular RTL. I've evacuated Silver Bullet from the lift hill twice, and both times the ride was back up the next day.

Most likely they wouldn't be able to confirm until the night after when the maintenance team has a real chance to look at it. Then the park would need to decide what statement it wants to make, if any.

It could have been just a regular RTL. I've evacuated Silver Bullet from the lift hill twice, and both times the ride was back up the next day.

For those that don't know what RTL means, it stands for Ride Trouble Light. SFMM doesn't evacuate Tatsu unless something catastrophic happened such as a chain break.

I sat on the lift for over 30 minutes before while maintenance troubleshot a fault.

I assume with SFNE releasing a test video of WC, that SFMM will follow suit

SFMM doesn't do social media like some of the other Six Flags parks, unfortunately. But, I hope it happens, when that time comes. Wicked Cyclone's looks great.

I assume with SFNE releasing a test video of WC, that SFMM will follow suit

SFMM doesn't do social media like some of the other Six Flags parks, unfortunately. But, I hope it happens, when that time comes. Wicked Cyclone's looks great.

Do we know why SFMM doesn't do major social engagement like a lot of the other big parks do? It seems like a pretty easy thing for them to do and grab a lot of attention. Even little bits would help.

Do we know why SFMM doesn't do major social engagement like a lot of the other big parks do? It seems like a pretty easy thing for them to do and grab a lot of attention. Even little bits would help.

seems so simple, huh. i assume it's park by park, since it's different with each Six Flags. let's not even mention how great some other parks are, or maybe i sort of just did. lol Magic Mountain must not think it's important. i wish they did. i enjoy reading updates and inside construction stuff from the park directly.

Has there been a reliable source that stated Twisted Colossus testing was supposed to begin today, or does everyone just expect it because Wicked Cyclone did? Honestly, when I was there last week the coaster looked about a week and a half from testing, so I'm thinking it will probably be toward the end of this week when they start, not necessarily today.

I saw somewhere on Twitter that there's supposed to be a 'media' group checking out TC on Wednesday. They could possibly give it a run through with people there to watch and write about it, but I honestly don't completely know and can only speculate. I just can't wait for this to open! This is the first coaster in a long time that I've been excited about.

if anyone's there, go yell out for Alan and ask him when it's going to run, he's onsite today. or yes, there will probably be an answer when testing will start wed during the construction tour i read people talking about.

^^If that's the case, I wouldn't be surprised for the park to do the first test run at the event (or possibly the night before just to make sure it will work). I also wouldn't be surprised if they announce the official opening day at that event. In any case, I'm actually more excited for the first racing test run, but I have a feeling they'll do 1-2 weeks of single train testing before that point.