TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I don't understand this obsession with Scream!'s land. Yes, it was built on what used to be a parking lot. But that is FAR from the worst problem SFMM faces. It's not even really a problem. It's only a problem to people who, for some reason, get really hung up over the ground they see whizzing by while they're on the coaster.

TBH, I've seen much worse looking dirt and weeds under coasters than what's under Scream!.

How about everybody that has a problem with this donate your time and $$$ and go paint, lay gravel something to end this ridiculous rant. While you are at it, head on over to TC and do the same thing as that has been a parking lot coaster for 35 + years with absolutely no complaint.

How about everybody that has a problem with this donate your time and $$$ and go paint, lay gravel something to end this ridiculous rant. While you are at it, head on over to TC and do the same thing as that has been a parking lot coaster for 35 + years with absolutely no complaint.

Well, Colossus had such a massive structure it was a lot less noticeable. Most of the ground was covered by the supports.

Not at all, but that is pretty funny!!!!

Yes, but, Six Flags has more than enough time and money to do this themselves, and since they are the park and we are the customers, it's a bit illogical for the customers to do this since the customers are paying the company to experience a quality park. Why should the customers have to pay and work to improve a park that they are already giving loads of money to in order for that park to operate and improve? Time and money issues are not the problem, it's attention to records and titles rather than detail and quality control. This isn't to say that I won't visit SFMM, in fact it's pretty high on my list of parks I want to visit. But suggesting that we are responsible for its improvement I do not agree with.

fa·ce·tious

fəˈsēSHəs/Submit

adjective

treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humor; flippant.

synonyms: flippant, flip, glib, frivolous, tongue-in-cheek, ironic, sardonic, joking, jokey, jocular, playful, sportive, teasing, mischievous

I really hope you don't think he was actually suggesting we fix it ourselves.

fa·ce·tious

fəˈsēSHəs/Submit

adjective

synonyms: flippant, flip, glib, frivolous, tongue-in-cheek, ironic, sardonic, joking, jokey, jocular, playful, sportive, teasing, mischievous

This man speaks the truth.

fa·ce·tious

fəˈsēSHəs/Submit

adjective

This man speaks the truth.

I don't think he was thinking we actually fix it ourselves either, its the idea and attitude that I don't agree with .

But suggesting that we are responsible for its improvement I do not agree with.

That's not what your post said.

I'll admit, that statement was probably an over generalization and overreaction. To clarify, its the idea that you can't complain about something without trying to fix it yourself that I don't agree with here, in some cases I do, but not here. Looks like I forgot to turn my sarcasm detector on today.

fa·ce·tious

fəˈsēSHəs/Submit

adjective

Thank you Mater. I was hoping somebody would clarify that. Bottom line is that MM is NOT going to do anything. Topic closed. Yah Right!!!! hahaha

I don't understand this obsession with Scream!'s land. Yes, it was built on what used to be a parking lot. But that is FAR from the worst problem SFMM faces. It's not even really a problem. It's only a problem to people who, for some reason, get really hung up over the ground they see whizzing by while they're on the coaster.

TBH, I've seen much worse looking dirt and weeds under coasters than what's under Scream!.

This! I don't get it either. I'd much rather see the area around Jet Stream get an upgrade honestly.

This! I don't get it either. I'd much rather see the area around Jet Stream get an upgrade honestly.

Thank you!

I never understood the strong dislike of Scream either. Isn't it a mirror of Medusa (Bizzaro) at Sfgadv? Is there the same dislike for the east coast version?

Is it on a parking lot (with faded stripes) too?

I'm sorry if I am in a minority here, but when I ride a roller coaster, I am spending to much time enjoying the ride to worry about what is going on under the coaster. If Scream were a Disney coaster, and it was built on a parking lot I could see the need to complain, but it's not a Disney coaster, and it is a coaster none the less. So can we move on from the "OMG Scream was built in a parking lot, and they never did anything to change it. OMG After all these years that haven't even repainted the parking lot stripes" rant now??

I feel like this all started when someone complained about Scream being built over a parking lot, someone agreed with them, then more people agreed with them... and now people who have never even been to SFMM or even know that Scream has a parking lot under it are complaining because everyone else is. If I go the rest of my life without EVER hearing about Scream and it's parking lot again, I will die a happy person. That is all I have to say, and all I ever will say about this damn Scream parking lot mess.

Okay... /EndRant

I never understood the strong dislike of Scream either. Isn't it a mirror of Medusa (Bizzaro) at Sfgadv? Is there the same dislike for the east coast version?

I understand the dislike of it not having theming since bizzaro got it but I enjoy Scream itself as a ride. I've had my fill of the Scream theme debate though so now i try to ignore it.

Considering that there is a visual element to the experience of a roller coaster, I'd argue that aesthetics do make a difference. Face it, parking lot is ugly and hard on the eyes. As somebody else said, Medusa (East) doesn't really get any flack. If the perception wasn't there that the parking lot detracts from the experience of the ride, I doubt it would get brought up.

But so are patches of dirt and weeds. I agree with whoever said there wasn't much difference between the two.

and overall, the new paint job is MUCH easier on the eyes.

So we've got that going for us