TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Only X2. All other rides have places where you can set your stuff down, or they allow you to set it on the ground on the other side of the ride

Are they still enforcing the lo**er policy at Tatsu? That one really frosted my A, because when you get to the station, you can see the shelves they built specifically for the purpose of holding people's stuff. *grumble grumble, money grab, grumble*

Edited by singforfood

Only X2. All other rides have places where you can set your stuff down, or they allow you to set it on the ground on the other side of the ride

Are they still enforcing the lo**er policy at Tatsu? That one really frosted my A, because when you get to the station, you can see the shelves they built specifically for the purpose of holding people's stuff. *grumble grumble, money grab, grumble*

I was there a couple weeks ago. NOT forced to use a loocker.

1) Arrange with the local fire department to set a controlled fire and foot the bill for their services

2) Pick a day the park is closed and destroy the top of the iconic lift hill in an incredibly photogenic blaze.

3) Get a staggering amount of worldwide press. "Colossus Has Fallen" was a top story over 2,500 miles away in Toronto.

4) Capture the hearts and imaginations of even non-enthusiasts.

5) Announce months later that, due to damages sustained, the lift hill has been reprofiled in a way not originally planned.

6) Colossus overcomes adversity and rises again as Twisted Colossus to a massive and heartfelt round of applause. Everyone loves a comeback.

Of course this is just daydreaming and blind speculation on my part.

It probably was just an accidental fire caused by a clumsy torch operator.

^I was thinking that could be a possibility. A controlled publicity stunt. But I doubt it.

Evidence against this is the lift hill had plenty of burn marks before the fire. Also didn't they have a hose up there to prevent a fire from happening while they work on the ride?

When working with torches, it's an OSHA requirement that you have a fire extinguisher with you. But..... a lot of crews get lazy and don't feel like lugging them around every time they move to a new spot. My dad was an engineer / project manager for years, and he said he was constantly having to yell at guys about fire extinguishers.

1) Arrange with the local fire department to set a controlled fire and foot the bill for their services

2) Pick a day the park is closed and destroy the top of the iconic lift hill in an incredibly photogenic blaze.

3) Get a staggering amount of worldwide press. "Colossus Has Fallen" was a top story over 2,500 miles away in Toronto.

4) Capture the hearts and imaginations of even non-enthusiasts.

5) Announce months later that, due to damages sustained, the lift hill has been reprofiled in a way not originally planned.

6) Colossus overcomes adversity and rises again as Twisted Colossus to a massive and heartfelt round of applause. Everyone loves a comeback.

Of course this is just daydreaming and blind speculation on my part.

It probably was just an accidental fire caused by a clumsy torch operator.

Which one of these sounds more realistic to you?

I usually understand most issues/delays that come up, but failing at fire safety when using a torch on a wooden structure is just plain embarrassing. If I were an upper manager I would be furious and in a very Donald Trump "you're fired" kind of mood.

And, the X2 lookers are in the station, so she will not have to be blind going through the line. Only a buck, but still burns me. The only thing I had was my refillable bottle, that I paid for all day refills, and still had to pay a buck to stash it. Small burn, but burn none the less.

When I was at SFDK last weekend They had stand's designed to hold the cups at Medusa, Roar and superman I think. So, it's nice of SF to provide that, However I think some people would take the chance to steal the cup, more so one of the red 2015 cups that get refills for rest of 2014.

The X2 policy is ridiculous. Essentially, you buy a $15 cup in order to be able to buy soda for the same price that it is outside the park for one season, and then they force you to pay even more for a locker when you want to ride a ride, and refuse to let you leave it in the station.

Such is life in a Six Flags park. TC is the only reason why I have not given up on SFMM entirely.

Don't ever let a Six Flags cashier put the first day wrist band around your souvenir bottle; put it around your wrist. Next, put colored duct tape around your cup with your name on it or partially rip off the sticker. Do something to make it "unique" and the chances drop that yours will be stolen.

People see stringy, knotted dental floss hanging from your cup and they will go for a different one