TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

It mentions the new "Back Alley" area here.

They could hire local street artists to snazzy up the parking lot beneath, lay down a giant mural that ties in with the theme to Back Alley. The parking lot is literally a giant canvas that can really add a lot to the ride if utilized.

Of course, this is Magic Mountain we're talking about, so I'll just keep my fingers crossed for a mediocre paint job.

I don't get all the Scream hate. It's the same ride as Medusa/Bizarro that everyone loves. Yes, the theme job was extraordinarily lazy, and the title is rather generic sounding but the ride itself is fun! Does being built over grass vs pavement really make that huge of a difference to the ride experience?

I don't get all the Scream hate. It's the same ride as Medusa/Bizarro that everyone loves. Yes, the theme job was extraordinarily lazy, and the title is rather generic sounding but the ride itself is fun! Does being built over grass vs pavement really make that huge of a difference to the ride experience?
Yes. Its why Ninja and Gold Rusher are still fun and why Tatsu is better than most of the flyers out there. Flying through trees and terrain is much more fun than a parking lot.

For Scream, I either like it or dislike it. For me liking it, the ride can get smooth and forceful and is good as a walk-on coaster. For me disliking it, it can get rattly, the paint is faded, and I'm on the side of being against the ride's location on a parking lot.

Edited by SingleRiderCam

I found GAdv's Bizarro to be much smoother and much more enjoyable than Scream. Heck, GAdv's Bizarro is my favorite B&M while Scream is one of my least favorite B&Ms. It's not because of the lack of theming or how it is a parking lot coaster, but because I find the coaster itself to not be that great.

for me, it doesn't matter. i like the ride. i think it would be nicer with some theming, but i enjoy rides more for what they do. that being said, doing nothing underneath was pretty lame. throwing some fake grass and rocks underneath will go a long way. also, it's so far down the path. i'd like them to open that area up somehow. like a walkway between Goliath and Colossus and into the Scream entrance area.

anyway, i hope the back alley is more than just a store and some signs.

Yes. Its why Ninja and Gold Rusher are still fun and why Tatsu is better than most of the flyers out there. Flying through trees and terrain is much more fun than a parking lot.

But Bizarro doesn't fly through the trees like a terrain coaster. The area is framed by trees, but the actual footprint of the ride is basically just grass.

How to make Scream a good ride:

-Replace the parking lot with synthetic grass.

-Repaint the ride black and yellow. I have a feeling it would fit nicely with the newly themed area

-Make it smoother? Idk how, but fuk it it can get way too rough.

-Add tunnels similar to the ones on Millennium Force. Optional: smoke effect in the tunnel.

-Repaint the ride black and yellow. I have a feeling it would fit nicely with the newly themed area

-Add tunnels similar to the ones on Millennium Force. Optional: smoke effect in the tunnel.

Rough? Are we going on the same ride? I've never been on it when it wasn't typical B&M smooth as glass. I haven't ridden in the back in quite a few years, so that might be a little different. Also... it's funny that people are saying it's rough, considering it shares a park with VIPER and X and (formerly) PSYCLONE, which are some of the jerkiest rides I've ever been on.

I think I understand the concept of Back Alley finally!

It's made so that they don't have to retheme Scream any more than changing its name a little bit.

The new name will be called "SCREAM! Because you're being mugged!" perfect back alley theme and perfect for SFMM clientele.

I like Scream. Send it to a place where people will appreciate it.

I really wouldn't mind it coming to SFDK, the down side is kong's footprint is too small for it.

Yeah I'd rather have scream and medusa right next to each other then even see Kong.

I do like scream at SFMM however. it's nice to be able to ride a pretty much cloned verison of your home parks biggest ride, but as a near walk on. Now i'm wondering if Twisted will make Scream have a spike in ridership.

Rough? Are we going on the same ride? I've never been on it when it wasn't typical B&M smooth as glass. I haven't ridden in the back in quite a few years, so that might be a little different. Also... it's funny that people are saying it's rough, considering it shares a park with VIPER and X and (formerly) PSYCLONE, which are some of the jerkiest rides I've ever been on.

I haven't been to the park but I suppose people don't compare a B&M to a rough arrow as they were never expected to be in the same league of smoothness, right?