TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^ That would be my guess too, the cars on Demon Drop are pretty hefty, definitely more bulky and heavier than the new gens like LL:DOD.

Weight (mass) has nothing to do with the rate or speed at which an object falls.

Actually it does have something to do with it. I mean, in theory, if there is no sort of drag, every single object will fall with an acceleration of 9.8 m/s per second, that's what we learn at school. However, in real life where drag exists...

Very true. I think sometimes its overlooked that objects will tend to fall at 9.8m/s2, but only in a vacuum will other factors like friction and weight not apply. For example in this case weight does have something to do with it, as the heavier the car and the less friction between the track and the car the easier its going to make it for the object to reach 9.8m/s2.

So in this case I would say the main difference is in restraints, the weight, and most of all design, for example how the cars are attached to the track.

In the First Gens all you had were free spinning wheels, with a slot that literally opened up and let the cars fall. There was literally nothing to slow down the initial "drop" and I think that's why most people when talking about Intamin 1st gens say they get more airtime than any other kind of drop. And I have to say I agree, 1st gen drops definitely do a better job of giving that natural sense of freefall.

On the newer gen towers the cars feel like they have a much tighter grip on the track, not to mention contact with the magnetic track (which controls its stop) all the way from top to bottom. And even though it seems like such a slight difference I think in the end it makes a somewhat noticeable difference as most of us can agree after ridng Lex Luther that the drop is not nearly as intense.

^ You must be new here.

It would be hilarious to see a Boomerang on Deja Vu's spot.

Well, Apocalypse is on the same spot Psyclone used to sit on...

I know this is SFMM, but would they really go that low? It seems crazy.

That's what I was thinking. Though, SFMM always surprises me...

^ You must be new here.

It would be hilarious to see a Boomerang on Deja Vu's spot.

Well, Apocalypse is on the same spot Psyclone used to sit on...

I know this is SFMM, but would they really go that low? It seems crazy.

That's what I was thinking. Though, SFMM always surprises me...

I will say two or three kiddie coasters could fit quite nicely in the area...

Maybe instead of just adding one coaster to reach 20 and be done, they'll relocate this year's coaster, turn Superman forwards, and add in a second ZacSpin!!!

I really hope this is sarcasm. If it is, that's one good piece of sarcasm!

Tonight I just saw the Toyota commercial filmed at MM earlier this month. Toyota took over most of the second parking lot for their "test track." It was good seeing Colossus and Goliath in the background of this commercial. I wish I was in LA instead of working in Houston right now.

My girl and I want to get season passes to Six Flags Magic Mountain, Valenica CA.

If you buy 4 regular season passes at $72.99, you get to upgrade all 4 passes to Gold for FREE ($129.99 value).

This means for the same price, you now get:

-Free parking (would be $15-18 each time)

-Free admission to Hurricane Harbor (Great for summer time- passes last a whole year remember)

-Bring a friend free days

-etc.

https://content.sixflags.com/magicmo...ts/seasonpass/

Message me if you're up for it. We just need 2 more people.

We can exchange info and make this happen.

------------------------------------------------

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU KNOW OF ANYONE INTERESTED. THANK YOU

Tonight I just saw the Toyota commercial filmed at MM earlier this month. Toyota took over most of the second parking lot for their "test track." It was good seeing Colossus and Goliath in the background of this commercial. I wish I was in LA instead of working in Houston right now.

I noticed that, in the second lot, there is a massive Toyota logo, just siting in the middle. Cars can park on it, but it just looks weird.

Was anybody else a bit disappointed with the Engineering Experience last Saturday? It was basically just a Q&A with Tim Burkhardt and 4 circuits of ERT. Not that it wasn't cool and all, just a bit less than expected. I was hoping for a backstage tour or something.

Hey, its better than nothing.

I noticed that, in the second lot, there is a massive Toyota logo, just siting in the middle. Cars can park on it, but it just looks weird.

That's all that left of this. The "test track" was quite complex and took up a lot of valuable parking space.