TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Its a shame i hear all this about the park. Over the past couple years i have wanted to fly out west and maybe visit SFMM but now all the talk here seems as if they dont keep it nice. Now i know im not too interested in things in a park other than thrill rides, however, i wouldn't want to spend all the money and visit the park hearing all this.

Its a shame i hear all this about the park. Over the past couple years i have wanted to fly out west and maybe visit SFMM but now all the talk here seems as if they dont keep it nice. Now i know im not too interested in things in a park other than thrill rides, however, i wouldn't want to spend all the money and visit the park hearing all this.
I totally agree with you. Every time I read these post or anything on MM (which is typical negative) I'm turned away from this place.

It's not exactly the Pebble Beach Country Club, but it's worth it for a day's visit. It shouldn't be the focal point of an entire trip though. Take a day out of your trip, head up north, visit the park, head back south in the evening. Easy.

2014-2015 - Colossus Refurbishment - (1/10/13) Screamscape sources tell us that management at Six Flags Magic Mountain may have received early confirmation that Colossus will be tapped to be the next Six Flags coaster to get the Iron Horse treatment following the transformation of Rattler to Iron Rattler at Fiesta Texas this year. No word yet on just how much will be changed, but the iconic support structure is expected to remain essentially the same. If true, look for Colossus to go away forever before the end of the year, though it seems like the park may try to promote the final days of Colossus rather than just quietly shut it down, so you may get some early warning.

www.screamscape.com/html/six_flags_magic_mountain.htm

Screamscape.

I just got all excited! I'll be getting to try the other RMC coasters this summer but from what I've heard and seen of them, I think this would be amazing to have in California! We might finally have a really good quality coaster/airtime machine!

It'll only last until KBF re-tracks or gives Ghostrider the iron horse make-over.

I just got all excited! I'll be getting to try the other RMC coasters this summer but from what I've heard and seen of them, I think this would be amazing to have in California! We might finally have a really good quality coaster/airtime machine!

It'll only last until KBF re-tracks or gives Ghostrider the iron horse make-over.

Good! KBF is a better park, they'll probably do better with it than SFMM would!

I am a bit of a fan of Colossus, though Iron Horse Colossus would be amazing. I would love to see SFMM with an airtime machine and this would be perfect. It will be interesting to see what the new layout will look like.

If this does actually happen in 2014, I'll definitely re-new my pass for 2014.

How can they change Colossus!? It's so original and unique. I mean SFMM is the only park Walt was ever around to see.... Woah, what the hell just happened to me? Sorry about that.

It'll be interesting to see if this is true. Will they stick with 2 tracks or use this as an opportunity to quietly remove one? It's got a pretty tame layout right now so I'd be interested to see how RMC would fix it up and make it more thrilling.

If its a dueling coaster still, then maybe we will see six train operation again like in the old days!

But seriously, the right side of Colossus hasn't been run for over a year. Since November 2011. The left side has been running ever since. They only have three trains that they can operate at the moment, though, and one is freshly refurbed.

It also sounds like if this Colossus refurb is true, then I guess we will have to say goodbye to Colossus Backwards. Unless they run Iron Colossus backwards. That would be interesting.

It also sounds like if this Colossus refurb is true, then I guess we will have to say goodbye to Colossus Backwards. Unless they run Iron Colossus backwards. That would be interesting.

It would make for a really interesting ride, but in all honesty i'd say that we'll never see it happen again. Who knows, crazier things have happened before.

Seems like good news for the park. Colossus has a much more "standard" layout than Tx Giant or Rattler, so I can't see as many changes being made as with the other two, however it still should go over well. I really hope the park stays away from inversions, though. I know looping woodies (or woodie hybrids) are all the rage now, but this park is set on inversions for a long time already.