TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Early entry is true for 2013.

Gold Pass = 10 minutes

Discover = 5 minutes

I have both, and realized the gold pass line was open when I was waiting in the discover line line usual. I moved over, and yes they had 3 - 4 scanners open for early entry.

If anyone is mad at SFMM for anything right now, forget about your grievances. Because guess what made its return after a nearly three year abscence...

image.thumb.jpeg.dfa5bf9e3737184dbc0bbe0570a94e86.jpeg

Spark of green? Can this be real?

YES! Notice it in the top corner? The question mark lights are back. Now I don't expect everyone to get as excited about this as me, because these lights are the only piece of theming I care about at any theme park in the world ever.

image-1.thumb.jpeg.4c2d1636b2182809bb174f9538776079.jpeg

Extremely crappy picture, I apologize. It was hard to catch one of those things on an iPhone camera.

The two in the back corner you see in the first picture are still out, and the two on the exit platform have been taken down (presumably for repair). THANK YOU SFMM! My life has been made (until they burn out again, of course ).

P.S. I hope even if you don't care about the content of this post that you at least appreciate it for the entertainment value. Sometimes other people's "passions" are something to laugh at.

Well compared to Gatekeeper, construction on YOLO is moving much faster!

That's because it only has three pieces! ...

They're keeping a really good pace! At this rate, we should see the first piece of track be placed in a few months.

"2 footers down, 798 to go!"

LOL, they are still moving pretty slow though.

If anyone is mad at SFMM for anything right now, forget about your grievances. Because guess what made its return after a nearly three year abscence...

image-1.jpeg[/attachment]

The two in the back corner you see in the first picture are still out, and the two on the exit platform have been taken down (presumably for repair). THANK YOU SFMM! My life has been made (until they burn out again, of course ).

P.S. I hope even if you don't care about the content of this post that you at least appreciate it for the entertainment value. Sometimes other people's "passions" are something to laugh at.

I saw the ? mark lights working back in August in Riddler's station.

I find it kind of funny that since "Superman: Escape from Krypton" has opened, it's been closed a few times due to construction on other rides. Also to two attractions back to back in years. I don't know, I just found that a bit funny.

Yeah and the ride isn't "dead" because of maintenance. They shot up tests of the right side probably 10 different times yesterday with nobody in it. It was strange. It also attracted people to the top if the hill trying to get to superman.

I always knew "YOLO" was a troll attempt.

I find it kind of funny that since "Superman: Escape from Krypton" has opened, it's been closed a few times due to construction on other rides. Also to two attractions back to back in years. I don't know, I just found that a bit funny.

There always seems to be a reason why Superman needs to be completely closed during the off season.

Oddly enough, nobody ever brings up how it's the most expensive ride, short of water rides (pumps), to have operating on any given day. Granted all the work that's been done on it since 2010 has helped a bit with that, but it's still in a league of its own amongest non-aquatic rides.

Oddly enough, nobody ever brings up how it's the most expensive ride, short of water rides (pumps), to have operating on any given day.

Would love to see a source for this claim, please.

I only visit in the off season and I have not ridden Superman in YEARS. Still have no idea what it's like backwards.

MUCH MUCH better than it was forwards. I would say it's joined the 'don't miss' rides list if you only make it to the park once a year.

Oddly enough, nobody ever brings up how it's the most expensive ride, short of water rides (pumps), to have operating on any given day.

Would love to see a source for this claim, please.

How about A. He WORKS for the park, and B. I can vouch for his claim.

--Robb "It's really rude for a BRAND NEW member to come on the forum and question someone who's been posting here for seven years." Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

Oddly enough, nobody ever brings up how it's the most expensive ride, short of water rides (pumps), to have operating on any given day. Granted all the work that's been done on it since 2010 has helped a bit with that, but it's still in a league of its own amongest non-aquatic rides.

From a guest service standpoint, that's a bullsh*t reason to close a ride. But for the new Six Flags, it is business as usual. Construction= convenient excuse to cut that cost for the quarter. Smart from a strictly business point of view...

And yes, PiccolloPete, he is correct. Superman requires its own feed off the main power grid, while the rest of the parks rides/buildings/shops/restaurants are able to share feeds within an area.

I just don't understand this park. I know that they must have a master plan that included LLDOD, and Full Throttle, at least in the planning process when they were updating Superman. It just seems like a waste to spend millions of dollar on this "new" ride, only for it to be closed for construction already twice now. I don't understand why SFMM couldn't have waited to install LLDOD and Full Throttle first, then do the Superman renovation. Unless the Superman renovation was rushed after they saw Tower of Terror do it in Australia.

^ There's probably a hundred variables with budgets, time, manufacturer's schedule etc. that led to how the order of what was built. I don't really think you can fault the park in that regard. It seems like there's no real reason Superman HAS to be closed for FT construction, though.

^Looking at a different side though, although I do not disagree with you at all:

- It did end up raining a lot over the holiday, and we know Superman closes when there's a drop of water on the track.

- It did end up being very windy when there was no rain, even causing Lex Luthor to have problems/close.

- It was freezing cold, and correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't Superman have problems in extreme cold (by SoCal standards) weather?

But yes, I agree. They should have waiting for weekend only operation to do the work that needed to be done over the Superman plaza. However, they were kind of lucky that they could get the work done when the ride would likely be having operating problems anyways.