TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P.S. Tidal Wave sucks. I hope it goes soon (but replaced by a water ride!).

I hope Tidal Wave could be demoed and they could transform The Movie District as part of DC Universe! That would help with the parks theming problem lol. Or they could combine the two areas via a large path, and retheme Tidal Wave to Aquaman like at SFOT and give the ride some touch ups!

I swear the never ending crying whining and complaining in the SFMM thread leaves you with the feeling of wanting to yourself lol

"the drop of lex luther "It seems the drop is almost too long if that makes any sense. Once I adjusted to the feeling of the free fall that awesome thrill level was completely gone" WTF!!! I mean come on are you effing serious!!!

Funny how people like using only part of my post so they can accuse me of complaining. I said in that post that I wasn't hating on the ride for anything. All I did was share my experience. Am I not allowed to do that? Did I experience the ride incorrectly? I'm sorry. I wasn't aware we couldn't talk about things like that here on TPR. I'll check in with you temperamental types before I allow myself to have opinions or experiences from now on. Thanks for straightening me out.

You did nothing wrong and I agree with you. Since when is it wrong to express a feeling or state a fact on here? Apparently now it is because the complainers will complain that you are complaining when you are not. So I rode Lex again today and I felt the same thing you described, really cool and I guess I must clearly point out now that I AM NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT THIS RIDE SO IF YOU THINK THAT THEN THAT IS YOUR PROBLEM.

On another note I NOTICED Superman one side was consistently going higher than the other..... ooh I better not post that because the complainers will say that is complaining when it clearly is not.

Totally frikin ridiculous.

Oh please it never fails that when someone states that someone is complaining the complainers start a cry me a river campaign. Just b/c you can come to TPR and complain about every freaking thing ,I also have the right to say I'm sick of it. I don't care what you cry babies say complaining about a drop rides drop being to long is just ridiculous PERIOD!!!

I am done with this conversation I'm not trying to start a flame war here nor trying to get on Robb's Sh*t list lol so you people can carry on your crying about someone complaining about people complaining if you want ,it doesn't matter to me I've already stated my point on the situation so I'm done!!!

So....Does anyone know how the 2013 project is shaping up has there been any signs of surveyors on site, makers/ stakes in the ground anything??? I also find it kinda of odd that SFGAm is the one doing all the hyping in the chain for their 2013 new hotness yet SFMM is the one supposed to be getting the record breaker and has been totally silent. Oh well I can't wait until the 30th to find out what's coming and to sit back and listen to all the complaints that will follow

NOBODY was complaining about the drop on Lex if you paid attention you would see we were just stating something cool that happens during the drop and if you bothered to pay attention you would also have seen that one of us even said they were not hating on the ride at all.

No, NOT complaining, maybe you should read the original posts again.

Are you senile at 41??? did I not say I'm done with this conversation why are you just going to continue to cry about something that I thought we had moved on from. I saw the post Zingoman made as a complaint some don't see it that way that is fine. I have moved on and you should also.

if you paid attention you would see we were just stating something cool that happens during the drop

I was amazed when I rode Lex, because the drop was so long I actually did lose the falling sensation by the end. It seems the drop is almost too long if that makes any sense. Once I adjusted to the feeling of the free fall that awesome thrill level was completely gone.
So by stating the drop is too long that the thrill is gone by the time it ends is actually stating something COOL happening during the drop ooooooooooooook then He states he's not hating on the ride while hating on the ride

Anyways like I said it sounds like a stupid complaint to me and nothing you say will change that so since we can't change each others opinions on the situation I think it's just best we move on thank you.

Writing conflicting posts does not work that way. You cannot rant about something several people are doing, and expect to just be able to change the topic when you say so.

And no, saying you do not want to start a flame war and continuing to post on the topic does NOT mean it is not your fault.

Also, have you noticed you are the only one arguing your side?

Although, the dicussion may soon have to end, as it is difficult to conflict a flaming post without writing a flaming post. This post may bring the discussion to an end.

And, about the Superman discussion, is it the right side? The right side has always seemed to go higher in park history.

Okay so I'm going tomorrow and with this being my first post and all I have to ask the rudimentary question we all expect, what are the crowds going to be like? In all sincerity though, I'm not really worried about the crowds I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips for a kid whiter than powdered bleach to avoid frying alive? I've always managed to avoid going in the summer months somehow.

Okay so I'm going tomorrow and with this being my first post and all I have to ask the rudimentary question we all expect, what are the crowds going to be like? In all sincerity though, I'm not really worried about the crowds I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips for a kid whiter than powdered bleach to avoid frying alive? I've always managed to avoid going in the summer months somehow.

Sunblock. SPF 8,429,536. That and train yourself to have the insides of a camel for purposes of water-retention. It's been 105-110 here everyday since July left.

I think you're in for a treat; I've been watching the lines the last few days and it's been laughably dead. Tuesday and Wednesday ~15 minutes for X2 and ~30 for Tatsu at peak. Yesterday everything not named X2 or Tatsu was pretty much a walkon.

And yeah lots and lots of sunblock highest SPF you can find, or you will fry. The lack of lines should help though since most of your waiting will be in load stations. It is supposed to be a little cooler today but only by a few degrees, it will still be very hot.

Tatsu has been the longest wait in the park lately. Not surprised about that. X2 had relatively bad operations on Tuesday and still didn't have much of a line. I think it's finally losing popularity. I haven't had to wait anywhere in the first queuing section (near the entrance) all summer long!

And about Superman. The sides seem to switch off on which one goes higher. On Tuesday, other right side was going much higher (into the brakes) and the left side wasn't even touching the brakes. Last Friday, the left side went almost half way up into the brakes but the right side wasn't even close to touching the brakes. I rode both sides on Tuesday, and they both feel exactly the same. Just choose the side with a shorter line.

Oh, and the rush for Lex is almost completely gone in the morning now. I rode on Tuesday about 11:30 and you could walk right into a row and get on the next car going up.

Regarding the lack of work being done on LogJammer's old site - perhaps the psychotic heat over there has delayed them from getting started??? Just a thought

Oh - and to keep on topic...argue argue argue argue

David