TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Parc Asterix Discussion Thread

Might actually be a reason to go to the absolute pile of a country known as France.

Apart from the fact that France is one of the most beautiful countries in Europe...

As it is, this does look superb and I cannot wait to get on this thing next season!

Might actually be a reason to go to the absolute pile of a country known as France.

Apart from the fact that France is one of the most beautiful countries in Europe...

As it is, this does look superb and I cannot wait to get on this thing next season!

Im sure he meant pile of awesome...

This portion of the ride is getting better and better.

Just look at this photo (I think it hasn't been posted):

Source: Potionmagix.fr

The transition from element to element is very aesthetic and I really like the way this zero-G roll has turned out; it looks funky, in a good way.

is this the only B&M invert in the world with a dive loop?

If you do a little research, you find out that it is in fact the only B&M Invert with a dive loop.

Afterburn's batwing is quite large, you could call the first half a dive loop.

^Except we just call that the first half of the batwing. That's like saying a ride with a cobra roll actually has an immelmann/sidewinder and a dive loop. In theory, sure. But it's not a standalone element.

Agreed. As far as stand-alone elements go, this is indeed the first 'free standing' dive loop in on invert. But the shape/motion has been done before.

Is it me or does the pullout in the tunnel look quite quick. This ride keeps getting better and better. It looks like some good positive g's will be had right before that awkward/awesome roll. Not sure if I should call it a zero-g roll since I have no idea if that shape will actually produce zero g's. But it looks like so much fun.

Did I hear that B&M stopped using Werner Stengel somewhere or was that completely my imagination? It seems like a lot of their elements have been different than normal on all their recent rides. They're all similar, but...different. If that makes sense. For example, this heartline roll.