TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Parc Asterix Discussion Thread

^I'd say that straight piece is there out of necessity. I am no fan of straight pieces of track on B&Ms. However, trim brakes can only be installed on straight pieces of track (Intamin, on the other hand, can install their magnetic brakes on curved track). Seeing as how tight and sharp that Immelmann is, those trims could be necessary if the train is going a bit too fast. At least, that's the way it looks to me. Only the folks at B&M know for sure.

^I'd say that straight piece is there out of necessity. I am no fan of straight pieces of track on B&Ms. However, trim brakes can only be installed on straight pieces of track (Intamin, on the other hand, can install their magnetic brakes on curved track). Seeing as how tight and sharp that Immelmann is, those trims could be necessary if the train is going a bit too fast. At least, that's the way it looks to me. Only the folks at B&M know for sure.

I answered this question.

I answered this question.

I was just giving my thoughts as to perhaps why that piece of track is there. It's obviously there for a trim brake, possibly because the of the small and aggressive nature of the elements following it. Just adding to the discussion.

We need to call up one of the No Limits Players from the Games Forum and get them to do a recreation of then layout. I want ot see a POV

Ouch! Not only is that a horrible track, it seems that the 2nd half of the layout is wrong too.

I would upload my nolimts take on this beautiful invert but my pc is tripin out and all I have is my phone now to access the net, then when I figured out I could put the file on my phone and then upload it my SD card all of a sudden refuses to be read by my phone I also have on my PC the giga I made for CW when I thought it was going to be an intamin, and the trippy part of that is before any track showed up I made my coaster pretty much the exact same colors and named it Leviathan yet I made this coaster weeks ago and can't show it to anyone.

I've seen this type of situation quite often in other fields of design like architecture, automotive design, etc. A positive reputation is built and from there a company stagnates because they really don't need to do much in order to continue this reputation. That is until other companies catch up/surpass them and then the creativity comes out and comfort zones are expanded/broken. It's a great time I feel for B&M as I feel they are at this point in their existence and it seems like some really cool things are coming out from them and I have no doubt this trend will continue for a while.

I've seen this type of situation quite often in other fields of design like architecture, automotive design, etc. A positive reputation is built and from there a company stagnates because they really don't need to do much in order to continue this reputation. That is until other companies catch up/surpass them and then the creativity comes out and comfort zones are expanded/broken. It's a great time I feel for B&M as I feel they are at this point in their existence and it seems like some really cool things are coming out from them and I have no doubt this trend will continue for a while.

Nokia is also a pretty good example of this.

Nokia is also a pretty good example of this.

Except that Nokia isn't putting out anything cool compared to the competitors . And they are losing money and market share faster than anyone previously thought possible!

For those who want to follow this project, Panoramix has posted new pics on the usual website. Look at the new inversion ! Looks like crossing between corkscrew and zero-G roll. One more inversion (this time zero G roll close to the station) to come and a low to the ground spiral will soon complete the track. B&M can be original, can't they ? I love the inversion sequel ! and this "laake" dive should be fun too...

that zero g roll out of the trench looks beast! When you think it can get no better it gets better with this invert. Then with theme-ing and water this is not only looking like its one of the best inverts ever built! Imo, its also going to be a sexy beast too.