TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Europa Park Discussion Thread

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think those Flying Theatres are a bit overrated. I mean sure they are pretty cool (but not exceptional). I haven't been to the Voletarium but from Switzerland it's only a 2,5h drive, so no problem in trying it out.

As it being the most costly investment, I don't think it's their best attraction. So I hope they really push their waterpark addition or a new coaster

• 2 weeks later...

Europa-Park will completely rebuild Eurosat

240617door1.jpg.2a233f71bc668fbd06cd3a49392f8ff9.jpg

One of the oldest roller coasters at Europa-Park will get a big make-over for the 2018 season. The indoor coaster Eurosat from 1989 will soon be rebuilt. That has been announced tonight at a meeting by Michael Mack .

There won't be much left of Eurosat when it opens again during the Easter holidays of 2018. The park said that the ride will be thoroughly renovated by 2018. There will be a new layout, which, of course, involves a full renewal of the track. The guests will experience a complete new ride.

Also, virtual reality will be used as an additional option. The renewed roller coaster will therefore have its own, extra entry and exit station for VR users. Remarkably, because this year, the park announced that it is going to remove the VR offer at Pegasus because it affected the capacity. Perhaps the additional station and a ride with more capacity will provide a solution to Pegasus's capacity problem.

Source

There won't be much left of Eurosat when it opens again during the Easter holidays of 2018. The park said that the ride will be thoroughly renovated by 2018. There will be a new layout, which, of course, involves a full renewal of the track. The guests will experience a complete new ride.

I'm waiting for people to nitpick the translation, although it is crystal clear that this is a new coaster. No me it is no big loss for the park, whatever they install has to be more entertaining.

Edited by larrygator

I've heard fantastic things about EuroSat, but this coaster probably has reached its end of service because I suppose back in 1989, nobody expected Europa Park would turn into such a huge thing and Mack didn't design the coaster to be put through the insane amount of cycles it does now. A new coaster designed to be more heavy-duty and have VR/whatever that will be hip in the future in mind will help a lot not to mention save the park a lot of money in the long run.

When I read the news on Looopings they said the lay-out would be mostly the same. But now I understand what going to happen, this is just going to be a diffrent coaster. Look forward to what they end up doing.

The thing that immediately struck me was an entirely separate station solely for VR. THAT sounds like the ideal way to implement VR on a coaster with minimal impact on capacity; the non-VR station can continue dispatching in the meantime. Sure, it's really not an option for parks looking to add VR to existing rides, but for any park looking to build a coaster intended to have a VR option from day one, the new Eurosat seems to be the exemplary way to do it.

It is actually quite easy to implement to existing rides, adding a Pulsar style turn table at one of the blocks, or a Disneyland Space Mountain accessible loading station would work.

There's the issue of space and the timing of the blocks would have to change.

- Apparently the entire globe will have to be dismantled and rebuilt during the renovations which are set to last from the end of 2017 until August 2018.

- The layout and trains will remain basically the same but the entire track will be rebuilt and three new "elements" will be added.

- More radical changes were considered (including a vertical lift) but the layout was kept the same to preserve the memory of designer Franz Mack.

- The VR entrance is set to be on the back of the globe near Silver Star.

Source (in German)

- Apparently the entire globe will have to be dismantled and rebuilt during the renovations which are set to last from the end of 2017 until August 2018.

- The layout and trains will remain basically the same but the entire track will be rebuilt and three new "elements" will be added.

- More radical changes were considered (including a vertical lift) but the layout was kept the same to preserve the memory of designer Franz Mack.

- The VR entrance is set to be on the back of the globe near Silver Star.

Source (in German)

All excellent news. The ride is awesome as is but could definitely use some TLC. These new "elements" have me intrigued, though, because now I'm envisioning Winjas style surprises.

Also, keeping the spiral lift is the best decision.

• 2 months later...

Europa-Park reveals name of new water park and hotel

140917sleep3.jpg.45d582b2a676ed72f8e369648ab3c5da.jpg

Europa-Park has today revealed the names of a brand new water park and a new hotel. In 2019, the German theme park opens Rulantica, the swimming paradise. The name is a composition of the German village Rust - where the park is located - and Atlantica.

This was announced this morning by Europa-Park Director Michael Mack at a press conference. He also showed the logo of Rulantica. The background story is about a fictional society of explorers, the Adventure Club of Europe.

There are slides, whirlpools, a wave pool and a surf simulator under a 25 meter high shell-shaped roof. Today, new drawings came out. Rulantica will be finished at the end of 2019.

In the same year, a sixth hotel called Krønasår - The Museum Hotel opens. The complex is designed as a natural history museum. There are 304 themed rooms and suites for a total of 1300 guests.

Both projects cost about 140 million euros. According to owner Roland Mack, Europa-Park has been preparing for the water park for twenty years.

140917sleep6.jpg.abbb0edfd5e3db0203b551c1a07f1727.jpg

140917stiep2.jpg.b0d4b4671ba2327b4963ed1584682499.jpg

140917stiep3.jpg.b715c88b187b917ae1a93a8350339629.jpg

140917stiep4.jpg.0831a977c2eb0f2a7de3b29a9ede069f.jpg

Source

In an interview with Europa Park Radio, park director Micheal Mack confirmed that Europa Park will add a new land with a large coaster sometime after the hotel and waterpark opens in 2019. The new land will be built behind the Greek area and will have a "real blaster" of a coaster according to Mr. Mack. The theme has yet to be determined, but Scotland, Romania, Poland and Croatia are the top candidates.

In other news, VR on Pegasus will be removed by the end of the season, Eurosat's redesign will include a new queue but stay true to the "feel" of the original ride and the nearby Universe of Energy will also be redesigned in the near future.

Source