Europe 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuff

P. 32- Final Report! Cruise, Greece, Rome & Two Italy Parks!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Europe 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuf

Postby djmcbell » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:24 pm

Efteling is a park that I did want to go to this year, but money and time haven't really allowed it. It does look great (like a lot of parks on the continent do).

Also...

Vogel Rok... Space Mountain meets birds!

For some reason I read that as Space Mountain meets The Birds (as in the Alfred Hitchcock film / Daphne du Maurier book). Which would've been interesting.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:29 pm

Efteling looks like a wonderful park! I really need to visit this park some day. My company has a warehouse in Moerdijk which is not far away from Efteling, maybe I need to find a new excuse to go there and sneak in a visit to the park along the way... ;)

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby spongey » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:02 pm

Fresh made Stroopwaffels and Poffertjes!

Who needs rides.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:07 pm

The dinner! That dinner!

:lover:

With a charming serving staff as well.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:21 am

viking86 wrote:Efteling looks like a wonderful park! I really need to visit this park some day.

I personally think that Efteling is a park every theme park fan should get to in their life as it is one of the better themed and landscaped parks in the world with some fantastic attractions.

That being said, I will say that Efteling tops my list of parks that so many people absolutely love but I think doesn't quite live up to the hype that surrounds it. While I do feel that the park had some amazingly themed areas and rides, I also feel that many things fall short of my expectations and the hype.

It's a great park. It's a beautiful park. And I think it would be better if some of its über-fans didn't overhype it.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby Heth » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:17 am

It is my favourite park I've visited, but yes, there can be a lot of overhype....odd when the park could speak for itself (as it did when I first visited only 3 years ago).

Great reports Robb.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby julioot » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:24 am

robbalvey wrote:
viking86 wrote:Efteling looks like a wonderful park! I really need to visit this park some day.

I personally think that Efteling is a park every theme park fan should get to in their life as it is one of the better themed and landscaped parks in the world with some fantastic attractions.

That being said, I will say that Efteling tops my list of parks that so many people absolutely love but I think doesn't quite live up to the hype that surrounds it. While I do feel that the park had some amazingly themed areas and rides, I also feel that many things fall short of my expectations and the hype.

It's a great park. It's a beautiful park. And I think it would be better if some of its über-fans didn't overhype it.

I totally get this! I'm wouldnt call myself a efteling fan but I do love the park since I have been comming there since my early childhood.

However I do feel like the parks line-up is rather dissapointing. Many of the older rides are a total disney ripp off, but lack the level of quality theming to realy make it work. Also the lack of flat rides is especially noticable on any buisy day, as lines for the big rides are at least an hour on all of them.

The last couple of years they do seem to have stept up their game with aquanura, joris en de draak, de baron and now the New dark ride.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby The Geek Mojo » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:23 am

I've been loving the TR. One of my life's dreams to go to Europe one day and visit all these awesome places. Thanks for showing it to us Robb.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:03 pm

Slagharen Looping Star "farewell video!"

Making a stop today at Slagharen to say goodbye to their Schwarzkopf Looping Star roller coaster!

The Looping Star aka "Thunderloop" will be retired from the park the end of the 2016 season.

Thought Slagharen was a really cute family park with a nice selection of rides.

Took lots of video of the Looping Star today! Should have some new videos posted soon!

Now THIS is a sign of quality! And we saw it quite a few places!

Just a few more of the family friendly attractions.

Checking out the water park. Looks like a lot of fun!

The Looping Star was the first upside down roller coaster for The Netherlands. It will be missed, but looking forward to what the park has planned for it's replacement!

I'm pretty sure this may be one of the coolest chair swings ride I've ever seen!

Had a nice day at Slagharen! We will be back at some point very soon!
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:27 am.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:28 pm

I don't think I've ever seen a report from Slagharen before. Thanks for posting!
Cincy -> Chicago

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!