TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Indiana Beach (IB) Discussion Thread

An Air Race out over the lake would be pretty cool.

What about that Insanity Ride like at Stratosphere over the Lake?

Thinking Insane, Maybe a Rewind Racer/Motocoaster ride? Or a Vekoma Stingray/Junior Boomerang

The Vekoma motorbikes seems pretty sweet. Indiana beach would be better off with an inverted boomerang then a junior boomerang

• 6 months later...

Sounds like a great addition. From the little skimming I did around the internet it doesn't seem like anything was released in months' past regarding construction. Since Wave Pools are FAR from an easy thing to construct quickly, I would assume this project has been ongoing for awhile now. And by awhile I mean like since September since Indiana Beach is telling guests that they intend for it to be open this summer.

I was thinking of stopping by here whenever I visit HW but looks like 4 hour drive according to Google maps (even if I speed a bit still a good haul) had no idea Indiana was so big!

Maybe if I road trip this August, I may head out to Chicago.

I know nothing of this park aside from it's nice coaster collection, any tips about this park? Like is it usually crowded, how much time would one need there to do the coasters many times?

Saturday is the only day that you would run into any sort of significant crowd. Cornball Express is a great coaster but really the only one worth multiple rerides. If Lost Coaster is open then get in line as it experiences a lot of down time. Den of Lost Thieves is a fun old school dark ride and most people say that Dr. Frankenstein's Haunted Castle walkthrough is worth the upcharge to do (personally its not really my thing). The S&S tower and Falling Star are worth riding.

Edited by KI Kidd

Saturday is the only day that you would run into any sort of significant crowd. Cornball Express is a great coaster but really the only one worth multiple rerides. If Lost Coaster is open then get in line as it experiences a lot of down time. Den of Lost Thieves is a fun old school dark ride and most people say that Dr. Frankenstein's Haunted Castle walkthrough is worth the upcharge to do (personally its not really my thing). The S&S tower and Living in Hawaii to living in Nashville...thats gotta suck Falling Star are worth riding.

Good to know, thanks!

Yeah, this is not a bash just an observation: Never seemed like a park really worth going out of your way for especially since Indiana is not remotely close to me in any way, (like I said, even going to HW and KI this one is far out of the way) but I would like to at least check it out. So sounds like avoiding Saturday and I should be ok.

To each his own, but I liked Hoosier Hurricane a lot more than Cornball Express. Sit in the front row during the day and then at night if you can...definitely a very fun experience.

So glad to see the water park expansion as I was worried about this parks future when we visited a couple of years ago. An investment in a wave pool and slides means that the park is serious on staying put in the future!

PS - Word of advice...don't store your glasses or anything in your front pockets on the S & S tower. This is what happened to my Oakley's that were in my zippered cargo pant pocket as a result of the crazy air you get when you (literally) hit the top of the tower!

194.JPG.5f534ee2b90416d6dcb33018281cbb1a.JPG

^That is great news!

Their water park area was just a smidge on the ghetto side so it's nice to see them adding something of this caliber!

Yeah, just a smidge. In fact, it's one of the lamest-looking water parks I've ever seen.

^ "Action River" was something even lazier than a lazy river, although I admit to never seeing one quite like it where it was actually built on a lake with a swimming beach in between the shoreline!

165.JPG.aee9f6e8913cc1f9af8752d42d129745.JPG

Very bizarre!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
^ "Action River" was something even lazier than a lazy river, although I admit to never seeing one quite like it where it was actually built on a lake with a swimming beach in between the shoreline!

It also seemed to lack any sort of "action."

It also seemed to lack any sort of "action."

Yeah, we were at the park today, and it seemed to not be moving when we walked by...

The drop tower was INSANE!

I loved this park, I'll have a PTR up sometime when I get home.

How does Indiana Beach do in the rain? It looks like there is a high chance of scattered thunderstorms on the day we're going, so I'm seeing what we should be expecting.

I don't know, but I found your question interesting as I was there today. I arrived at 6 p.m. and had to wait about 20 minutes to get out of my vehicle because it was raining so hard. The employee to patron ratio was about 5 to 1. The rollercoasters were not running. Tomorrow will be a better day.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the building of it was the lazy part.

• 1 month later...