TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

I'm excited for the ride, and I saw in a video of the SFNE presentation at the Great Nor'Easter that they have some slightly different theming from the Great Adventure one, but then again the render looks like it's for another park (with a B:tR clone). We'll see what happens.

How far have they gotten on the Joker construction? Seems the other two parks, SFGAm and SFOT, have already completed theirs.

Yes and the one here in over Texas is more closer to testing because they already have the operator's booth up and going and the anti rollbacks and lift hill chain guides. Also they have been working with the trains and only have queue and theming left to do.

It's for SFNE, they just plopped that in to represent Batman the Dark Knight.

I am curious what that new "themed" building is for. Waterpark storage and maintenance maybe?

Isn't it just the storage / maintenance building for Joker?

^Well, there has been quite a bit of snow. I wonder if this will affect Joker's completion and possible opening dates.

He is talking about when the park opens for the 2017 season not about the joker opening ceremony. Lol.

Yes I know what he was talking about. I was just wondering if the weather was having any adverse affect on Joker's completion.

^Well, there has been quite a bit of snow. I wonder if this will affect Joker's completion and possible opening dates.

He is talking about when the park opens for the 2017 season not about the joker opening ceremony. Lol.

Yes I know what he was talking about. I was just wondering if the weather was having any adverse affect on Joker's completion.

Nope. Construction seems to be right on schedule. They'll definitely meet their projected opening date of "whenever the f*ck they feel like opening it".

Nope. Construction seems to be right on schedule. They'll definitely meet their projected opening date of "whenever the f*ck they feel like opening it".

I presume that would be around late May, probably Memorial Day or thereabouts

I presume that would be around late May, probably Memorial Day or thereabouts

Maybe... or June... or July... whenever.

^If they don't open Joker until July, there will be tons of backlash! The one at SFOT is about to enter it's testing phase, while the one at SFGAm is just about complete. Both are expected to open in late spring. SFNE would catch all kinds of crap if they delayed until July!

From who? Like 3 Coaster enthusiasts? I assure you that they sincerely don't care.

Cool! When I first heard that Six Flags was cloning the Joker 3 more times in 2017 I was pretty reluctant, but now that they are all actually rising up it's exciting to watch. I really enjoyed the one at SFGAdv, so they are fun rides regardless of the overused theme as of late.

The ride really fits the Joker theme. I am not a fan of flipping rides at all, but I braved X2, and I'm actually finding myself looking forward to riding Joker this year. Go figure.

Cool! When I first heard that Six Flags was cloning the Joker 3 more times in 2017 I was pretty reluctant, but now that they are all actually rising up it's exciting to watch. I really enjoyed the one at SFGAdv, so they are fun rides regardless of the overused theme as of late.

The ride really fits the Joker theme. I am not a fan of flipping rides at all, but I braved X2, and I'm actually finding myself looking forward to riding Joker this year. Go figure.