California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

Pg.936 - Coverage of CGA's Haunt Media Event
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Re: California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

Postby Double0Kevin » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:08 am

NSB wrote:now that they have a new wooden coaster on the way; they should take a wreaking ball to that headache machine, they call 'The Grizzly'. All that space could be used for something fun and NOT painful.

Not gonna lie, that photo is pretty humorous. But I agree with Andrewoplis, Grizzly isn't really painful at all, just boring. But the GP loves that thing, which means it makes complete sense to keep the Grizzly. My big wish for the ride is new trains, maybe some PTCs or something. I'm not a fan of the Morgans at all.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby NSB » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:11 pm

maybe painful was a bit harsh...but it is a pretty ruff and bumpy ride, and I've gotten a headache every time in recent years.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Ccron10 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:13 pm

Double0Kevin wrote:
NSB wrote:now that they have a new wooden coaster on the way; they should take a wreaking ball to that headache machine, they call 'The Grizzly'. All that space could be used for something fun and NOT painful.

Not gonna lie, that photo is pretty humorous. But I agree with Andrewoplis, Grizzly isn't really painful at all, just boring. But the GP loves that thing, which means it makes complete sense to keep the Grizzly. My big wish for the ride is new trains, maybe some PTCs or something. I'm not a fan of the Morgans at all.

Don't you mean GCI's? PTCs would just tear the track apart I believe. Their 3-seater trains are good for classic coasters, but when it comes to new twistier and faster ones, they seem to love to roughen up the ride experience.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:45 pm

Andrewoplis wrote:^ Whats with all this talk of Grizzly being "Painful"? I never found it to be that rough, its just so.. BORING!

What about the extra seatbelt that only allows about 3 inches of slack?
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club.
Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club
Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club
Joined January 30, 2015

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Double0Kevin » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:36 pm

Ccron10 wrote:Don't you mean GCI's? PTCs would just tear the track apart I believe. Their 3-seater trains are good for classic coasters, but when it comes to new twistier and faster ones, they seem to love to roughen up the ride experience.

GCI won't allow the Millennium Flyers on rides outside of the ones they built, and Grizzly is far from a new twisty fast coaster. The PTCs work great on KD's Grizzly and that thing is much faster and more thrilling than CGA's.

It's All About Quality!

Postby Angry_Gumball » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:45 pm

Rollercoaster Rider wrote:
Andrewoplis wrote:^ Whats with all this talk of Grizzly being "Painful"? I never found it to be that rough, its just so.. BORING!

What about the extra seatbelt that only allows about 3 inches of slack?

Slack? Where'd you hear about slack in the seatbelts? I wish it had 3 inches of slack. With the noodles as far down as it goes, the belt *just* makes it to the buckle. Definitely could use some new trains, if it's cost effective to do so when it's time the Morgan trains reach the end of their life.

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby rolercstrluvr » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:12 am

I'm going to CGA today to do some celebrity spotting if you know what I mean. :br
Gold Striker Ride count: 308

It's All About Quality!

Postby Angry_Gumball » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:13 pm

I'll be out there Sunday to check up on construction, hit up some slides, and ride some coasters. Should be some nice weather!

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby The49er » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:51 pm

I've wondered what CGA will build next. In my opinion, I could see a Zamperla MotoCoaster (fits in the Invertigarden) or EuroFighter (Rage/Untamed layout might work with adjustments) coming in 2014 or so.
Last Park: SFMM / Last Credit: The Riddler's Revenge / Credit Count: 50
Top 5 Wood: SCBB Giant Dipper, Gold Striker, GhostRider, CGA Grizzly, SFMM Colossus
Top 5 Steel: X2, Tatsu, YOLOcoaster, Alpengeist, Xcelerator

Next Park: WDW & USO?! (6/2015)
Next Credit: As much as possible at WDW and USO

It's All About Quality!

Postby Angry_Gumball » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:01 pm

I've always thought about a Eurofighter. But for the time being, my focus is on that wooden beauty that will soon change the park's entry skyline.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!