The Rumor / Crazy Idea Superthread

Post All Your Rumors, Crazy Ideas, And Speculation Here
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Starbucks Enthusiast

Re: The Rumor / Crazy Idea Superthread

Postby gisco » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:50 pm

Rumor has it that most of these rumors are not true! I heard it from the Dip N Dots guy!

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Shavethewhales » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:22 pm

There is a strong rumor going around that SDC will get a woodie in 2013. Multiple people on SDCFans have reported being told by various park workers that a wooden coaster is coming to the area by The Giant Swing. This matches up with one of the recent concept surveys the park passed out, where one of the concept pitches was a wooden coaster by Wilson's Barn. Apparently markers have already started showing up in the area.

In 2012, however, the park will only work on general improvements and festival additions, as has been confirmed by management.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Silver Dollar City Wooden Coaster?

Postby Papa T » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:06 pm

Sorry if this is old news, but I've been away for a long time... I did a forum search and found nothing...

I was at SDC yesterday and happened to be talking with an opp. We were looking at the abandoned Waterboggan tower and I had said I'd love to see the Wildcat moved there. He told me, "...as a matter of fact, they will open a new wooden coaster in 2012, but it will be down by the Giant Swing." He didn't know if it was entirely new or if they were moving Wildcat.

Has anybody heard anything about this?

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Re: Silver Dollar City Wooden Coaster?

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:13 pm

First I've heard about it. Will check it out when I go there in December.

Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club.
Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club
Joined August 17, 2013

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Re: Silver Dollar City Wooden Coaster?

Postby kidcoaster 2 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:18 pm

*Insert dipping dots guy joke here*

This rumor has been around for a few years now and I doubt it will happen next year since I haven't heard about ground work yet.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Shavethewhales » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:39 pm

Like I said earlier in this thread, officials at SDC have already come out and said that for 2012 they will focus on general improvements and festivals. However, 2013 is a definitely looking like a coaster year.

I was at the park this weekend (photo TR coming tomorrow) and got to finally see the construction markings myself. There's not much, and you have to be really quick while riding the train to look back after the tunnel and spot them in the trees, but they are definitely there, and it looks like they may get started moving some water lines and the like around this off-season in preparation.

We'll see what happens, but all my money is on a custom GCII with the station located where the old train robbery cabin and the first drop down into the valley on the other side of the train tracks. There's a lot of great terrain there to work with.

I'm surprised so many of the workers are specifically talking about next year though - makes me wonder if this project was originally planned for next year but got pushed back a year when the 2011 season ended up being so sluggish.

Young and Stupid! I blame my parents.

Postby SoCalCoasters » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:46 pm

There's been some very strong rumors circulating through lately about what Legoland may have in store over the next year or so.

There's been a very nice chunk of land behind Pirate Shores that used to be a giant dirt hill that accumulated after the Waterpark was put in. Now that they've truck the dirt away, there's room for either an expansion of Pirate Shores or the Waterpark, both of which have supposedly been discussed.

The other rumor was that Legoland may have a relatively "big" addition for 2013 to open in conjunction with the Hotel (which has final begun construction!).

At this point, the Hotel rumor makes sense. Add a big flashy attraction to bring guests into your park from all over Western US, and offer them a hotel on site to stay multiple days. Carlsbad really is a great location for Legoland, as it can also serve as a "home base" with around four parks within an hour drive.
TPR's Biggest Legoland Nerd, and proud!

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Shavethewhales » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:45 am

Frontier city just posted this on their facebook: http://www.facebook.com/frontiercitythemepark

The holidays are just around the corner and a little elf just told me that Frontier City is getting something big under the tree for next year. Hmm.... wonder what it could be?????

Sounds like something good will be coming to the park. I fully expect a thrill ride at this point given their current market, but a water ride would certainly not be out of the question if they can find a place to fit it. I doubt they're getting a coaster yet though.

My hopes are for a Zamperla discovery or a similar frissbee ride, but I wouldn't mind a starflyer, power surge, or, well, really anything at this point :lmao:

DumbTums

Postby RollerCoasterSmi » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:50 am

I have been told from a very credible source that a certain park in Europe is getting a Premier launcher. I am not legally allowed to say any more than that...
Last edited by RollerCoasterSmi on Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:15 am.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:55 am

I am not legally allowed to say any more than that...

Technically haven't you already said more than you should, if you are legally not allowed to say anything?

Maybe the NDAs I've had to sign in the past are just different. :?r
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!