Christmas Decorations

Still up? Taken down? Are they ever taken down?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Gimme Some Candy!

Re: Christmas Decorations

Postby coasterfreak101 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:35 pm

Dream: They go up a week before Christmas, and come down on January 1st-2nd.
Reality: My step-dad refuses to take down the tree until January 31st, and the decorations probably won't come down for a little while after that. He milks it for every last ounce of Christmas Spirit. But at least we don't have anything out front...I don't think.
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

It's All About Quality!

Postby Angry_Gumball » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:02 pm

Traditionally, ours goes up Thanksgiving Weekend, and gets it's last lighting New Years Eve into New Year's day. The lights are either taken down that following week, or following weekend. We have had some roof lights up until the following year (not powered on) due to time constraints of pulling out the ladder and taking them down (In other words, we were too lazy to climb up and pull them down). Downside is that anything that's plastic gets brittle, colored lights fade, and wires get stiff and crackle (drying out).

I think that this weekend (12 days after Christmas) are pretty much acceptable to have your stuff up but I find it awkward to have things up past New Year's Day.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:21 pm

imawesome1124 wrote:It made more room for the Kinect we got. ;)

*high fives*

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Anything » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:21 am

Does anyone here still have them up?

Postby Moose » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:11 am

Yupp. I still have mine up. The outdoor ones are in the process of coming down, i'll likely finish that tonight. But the inside ones are completely up and I have no intention of taking them down for a week or two?

Why? Well, taking them down right after christmas would mean that they are christmas decorations. I try as hard as I can to take the christ out of christmas, as much as he was supplanted into previously held traditions. So my decorations are for winter. Since it is still winter... I keep em up. Plus, they make the house pretty :)

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Anything » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:20 am

Ha ha, like your style - but winter to me is December, January and February. Three months is quite a long time!

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby VinTheAttendant » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:58 am

So taking down all decorations yesterday was a failure. There are a bunch of ornaments on the tree whose boxes we cannot find. So the tree is up for another day.

Cubs/Colts Fan

Postby spaceace12 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:12 pm

I put up lights around the week before Thanksgiving (but couldn't power them until the week after Thanksgiving). They came down New Years Eve, it was warm that day and was the last day it would be warm since. Next year, lights go up first warm days before Thanksgiving, and get lit the week of Thanksgiving. I got some more lights this year again.

Postby Sir Clinksalot » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:23 am

Tree was gone on December 26th ... rest of the decorations and outside lights came down on Jan 2nd.

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby moinab » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:03 pm

Sad to say, for the second year in a row, the tree is still up, well into January. Last year, I didn't have time to take it down before our SoCal/Robb's Birthday Cruise trip. This year, I haven't had time to take it down, in between our two week trip to MA, and WDW Marathon Weekend. Had to work, last night. Recovering, this afternoon. I'll tackle it tomorrow. :?r

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random